Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Mattel: LSH action figures! (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: Mattel: LSH action figures!
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Ultra-Humanite is in scale. The other figures are something called (two-up), which I guess means they were produced at twice the size for the show.
Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Validus is the Collect & Connect figure for wave 15 of DCUC, going on sale starting in late August at Kmart, then spreading to other retailers in the fall.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kcekada:
Ultra-Humanite is in scale. The other figures are something called (two-up), which I guess means they were produced at twice the size for the show.

A 2-up is the original sculpt, in this case by the Four Horsemen Studios, used to get as much detail as possible into the design. The factory then pantagraphs the tooling mold down to the finished size of the figure.

Validus will be a bit over 9" in hight so somewhat small but still half again the hight of the standard male figure. This gives us two LSH Villains and an answer to Mattel's statement "We will kick off our LSH sub-line in a BIG way". I now fully expect to see an 80s-esque Legion character about once every 2-3 waves for at least the next year. This would mean 5-7 characters are already in the line-up. I have had discussions with the four horsemen about the re-use of Hawkgirls wings for Dawnstar so she is very possible. There is also a 'Teen Buck' that stands at about 5.5", not quite a head smaller than the Adult Superman that is expected to be the base for the LSH line. Raven, Donna Troy and Beast Boy have all used this new 'Teen Buck' so far.

Keep in mind that the 'style' of Mattel's DCUC line is to create a new take on characters that draw form all versions within DC. The Four Horsemen look at as much source material as they can from Comics, cartoons, and even other statues and figures to find the essence of a character and include nods to its most iconic moments.

I expect to see the founders, Dawny, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy, Shadow Las, and (I hope) Wildfire on the short list. While DC is still bushing the Lighting Era Legion the 4HM have said their hearts lie in the early 80s

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm when I was skimming the Toyfare (or action figure magazine?) magazine last night, I saw a picture of Validus - he looks GREAT! but I did not buy that magazine...and have it scanned. [Frown] Anyone have seen that?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw that as well (you were right, it was Toyfare magazine) and I believe he will be sold in pieces as part of the next DC direct series of figures, and when you put those pieces together you get this large Validus. It should be awesome!

I personally hope that Mattel continues the series they started last year with the Cos/Lightning Lad/Saturn Girl/Brainy set action figures. They are pretty well sculpted (in the tradition of JLU line) and I hope the next wave of 4 would be Trip, Phantom Girl, Colossal Boy and either the original Invisible Kid (Lyle Norg) or Chameleon Boy.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
here he is!
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/v/press/mattel/dcuc15/DCUC+15+-+Validus.jpg.html

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
That looks so cool it almost makes me wish I was into action figures again.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Apparently the August issue of Toyfare will reveal Mattel's plans for Legion figures in 2011

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4051064575/m/4501003426

Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I just wish I didn't have to buy five figures that I don't want just to get another Legion character. Oh well, my Legionnaires will just have to deal with being menaced by Mordru and Darkseid.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Well technically Jemm IS a Legion-related character now... [Wink]

I like both the Starman figures, and Raven looks sweet. I could always put the classic OMAC with my Kirby New Gods figures, even if he probably towers over them, even Darkseid [LOL] ; The rest are kiddie fodder for the nephews and nieces.

Hey Gary, what's that site you use for AF's again? I lost all my bookmarks when I switched from AT&T DSL to Charter cable internet... [sigh] [choke]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
i would love to see a Original Legion line, 5 year gap version, reboot version and earth prime version. With Special Mention of Superboy & Supergirl of Kingdom Come's Legion.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
by the way...when is dc direct gonna do a first appearance of Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Boy? those figures need to be made stat...why do we need more superman, batman and wonder woman when these haven't been made yet? [Mad]

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
by the way...when is dc direct gonna do a first appearance of Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Boy? those figures need to be made stat...why do we need more superman, batman and wonder woman when these haven't been made yet? [Mad]

I'm guessing the closest we'll ever get to that is the figs they did of the founders in their adventure era costumes. Sadly, there just isn't the demand for the original costumes.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Just announced at the Mattel panel at SDCC and showing up on various action figure sites :

there will be a 12 pack of the Legion available on mattycollector.com

that's 12 action figures on Mattel's collector oriented web site.

prelim list reported on one site (very fluid and subject to change) :

Superboy
Saturn Girl
Brainiac 5
Cosmic Boy
Lightning Lad
Chameleon Boy
Matter Eater Lad
Colossal Boy
Karate Kid
Ultra Boy
Wildfire
Timber Wolf

Colossal Boy
Applicant

actionfigureinsider.com now has an image up of the powerpoint slide from the presentation and it
will be Cockrum/Grell costumes!!!

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.