Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Mattel: LSH action figures! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: Mattel: LSH action figures!
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
First Legion (related) action figure will be announced in this week's Toy Fare, and it's...

TYR

A bit of a letdown, because he's there due to being in the 80s Super Powers line. But Mattel says that Legion is in the works, so I'm hoping for some official news at this month's Toy Fair (not to be confused with Toy Fare).

Pics are the Fwoosh. They went more with the Super Powers look than the Cockrum design, unfortunately.

I'm guessing a C&C of Colossal Boy may be ours in early 2011...sigh.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be getting Tyr pretty much no matter what he looks like. Cannot wait to see the Legion though.

My choices would be:

Cosmic Boy
Lightning Lad
Saturn Girl
Dawnstar
Wildfire (2 versions of him, as they usually do 2 versions of at least 1 fcharacter)
Ultra Boy (Personal request)
Emerald Empress

and for the Build a figure:Validus

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo.....BIIIIG MIIIIISTAAAAAKE! Tyr has not been seen in more than at least 15 years. Why him? does not make sense. those marketing department - what are they smoking this time?

geez. *shaking head*

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
They're doing him because he was in Super Powers...no other reason. They have been going through all the characters from that line slowly. Even doing variants of several Kirby characters to represent their Super Powers designs. (Mantis being one of them)
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
lame.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Super-Moby Dick of Space!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

More news from ToyFare.

quote:
Mattel will have a very big DC 75th anniversary presence at the San Diego Comic Con in July. They will have some "really amazing exclusives for the brand" which they probably announce in April. "As well as one of the most demanded subsets of the DC Universe - The Legion of Super-Heroes. We definitely have something really big in mind to celebrate the heroes of the 31st century, we're just not ready to announce them yet."
So maybe we'll actually see a Legionnaire by the end of 2010? If not, certainly in 2011.
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Seeing the word "exclusive" strikes fear to my very collecting core. Online and con exclusives are both nightmares to deal with, especially con exclusives (eg Wonder Twins and Gleek). It'll probably be a con exclusive, so I guess that means I don't need to clear shelf space. [Frown]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Nah. I doubt they'll be con exclusives, but I can see Matty.com having some Legion exclusives.

I do hope we see some Legionnaires in the C&C's though. I want to see Colossal Boy announced as a C&C this Summer.

Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
Michael over at the Omnicomhas a story about the Tyr figure, with the following picture:

-

Just behind Hourman there appears to be someone else from the 30th Century...

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Kamandi?
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
Heh. Yep.

I just didn't say which 30th Century. [Smile]

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pariscub
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pariscub   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In Toy Fare, Mattel does say something about the LSH characters being announced later this year.

--------------------
Ze Frainch Legion fan

From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Super-Moby Dick of Space!
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
how come Ultra Humanite so tiny?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.