Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Mattel: LSH action figures! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: Mattel: LSH action figures!
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Could be, but I haven't seen anything from Mattel stating that Legion couldn't be in the DCUC wave.

It does appear that the JLU versions will debut first, but I'm certainly counting on Legionnaires being in the DCUC line as well.

Great Darkness figures would be great -- as the uniforms used in that story were around in the 70s as well. The only problem would be Timber Wolf who was in that disco-inspired, chest hair revealing number that followed the Cockrum costume.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
Matty Collector will be offering 4 LSH figures as part of their JLU animated series. Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl and Brainiac 5 as seen in the 5th season of JLU (Far from Home, episode 10).

In a Press Release dated 3/10/09 Mattel said:
We did want to announce that the DCUC Ultraman and Alex Luthor 2 pack will go on sale April 15th and the JLU LOSH pack will go on sale May 15th.
Faker will be on sale this Tuesday March 16th and will be limited to 4 per person due to his availability at NYCC.

These usually go on sale starting at around 11am EST (8am PST)

While no JLU figure has sold out in less than a week so far my connection at Mattel has said there was a noticeable jump at Mattycollector after announcing the LSH figures. I can also say that while NO additional LSH figures are currently planed they have already asked for sculpts of the next 4 'in case things change in May'

Click for fullsize image

As a recap - May 15th the LSH JLU figures will become available at Matty Collector Online

[ March 12, 2009, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
*eager writing down the day to buy the Legion on May 15th*

[Smile]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I am buying this, but Saturn Girl is a slight disappointment. I wish she was more like the cartoon version we saw.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Huzzah! I so can't wait for these!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Otto Plastino
NOBODY MESSES WITH THE ERG-1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Otto Plastino   Author's Homepage   Email Otto Plastino         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm such a slobbering fanboy I'd buy them even if they were pvc.
From: Naltor trying to find someone to give me lotto numbers | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It looks like Eaglemoss will be releasing lead figurines of Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad.

These come with glossy magazines devoted to the history of the characters.

I'm glad to see these- and I'll buy 'em-- but, Lord, the rest of the Legionnaires are like Jan Brady. "Founders, fouders, founders..."

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Am I the only one who's finding the shoulder-to-waist proportions on the males kind of... um, disconcerting ?

Oh, well. [shrug]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
It looks like Eaglemoss will be releasing lead figurines of Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad.

These come with glossy magazines devoted to the history of the characters.

I'm glad to see these- and I'll buy 'em-- but, Lord, the rest of the Legionnaires are like Jan Brady. "Founders, fouders, founders..."

or/and "Brainiac 5, Brainiac 5, Brainiac 5" as he is always getting into the merchandise such as Action Figures, Heroclix, VS card, etc...and keeps popping somewhere in comics such as Superman, Booster Gold, and recently REBELS...beating out Triplicate Girl, Phantom Girl, Colossal Boy, Chameleon Boy, and others before him. I would love to see Princess Projectra to get some recognition somehow.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The list I saw had Brainiac 13 on it. There was some comment about that character not having enough appearances.

Has Eaglemoss clarified?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
Well Master's of the Universe Faker went on sale and lasted 3 hours, 3 hours. Also Matty has said on line sales of JLU figures are on the fence and continuation will be determined by sales of the LSH and Marvel Family waves. If you want these figures I would recommend being available on Friday May 15 at 12:00 Noon EST to place your order at MattyCollector.com.

I now have much better pictures available at Go! Figure.

--------------------
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocket cat
just another day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rocket cat           Edit/Delete Post     
I guess they have started making the figures, cause this Brainiac 5 has shown up on eBay. Guess this seller knows someone who works at the factory since they have many unpainted figures for sale...anyhow...here's the link.

eBay Item Page Link

I'm holding out for all 4 from Mattel, but if anyone wants to see close up pics of a finished Brainiac 5 figure check it out.

EDIT: And DAMN I just realized on May 15th I'm going to be in Tokyo! Or rather I'm leaving here on May 14th and it'll be May 15th when the plane lands. *headdesk*

--------------------
"We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives." — Edward D. Wood, Jr.

From: Texas, USA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

From Matty Collector:
JLU Legion of Super Heroes Action Figure 4-Pack

Justice League Unlimited 4-Pack
Coming May 15, 2009
$25.00

Maximum order quantity: 10
Qty Coming Soon

From the far reaches of the 31st century come four brand-new JLU action figures to complete your collection! We welcome the arrival of Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad and Braniac 5 by offering them as four individually carded figures shipped together in one slip case—the first time you can get ‘em this way at MattyCollector.com!

Coming May 15, 2009.

Figures may not stand alone as shown.

DC SUPER HEROES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics. (s09)

You must be 18 or older to purchase this product.

The link for the order page:
http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.122588700

Sales will open at 12:00 noon EST (9:00am PST) on Friday, May 15th 2009.

And as for the eBay Brainy. Mattel considers these figures to have been stolen from their factories and are actively pursuing sellers and buyers with the legal recourse of Possession Of or Receipt Of Stolen Property, A felony in most jurisdictions

--------------------
Go! Figure

duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rtvu2:
I am buying this, but Saturn Girl is a slight disappointment. I wish she was more like the cartoon version we saw.

Those eyes are downright scary. She looks like she should be cast as the "Medical Officer" in a 1950s grade Z monster movie.

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Corrected information - Price is $30.00 limit of 10. Still goes on sale at the same date and time.

--------------------
Go! Figure

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.