Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Mattel: LSH action figures! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: Mattel: LSH action figures!
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yep- no date mentioned, though. They're going to be sold through the Mattel collector's site, which opens Monday, July 28, as announced at Comic-Con.

They'll be packaged as 4-packs! No word on which characters will be in the first pack. In order for these to continue, that pack'll have to sell, I'm sure.

Here's the site where I got this info
Actionfigureinsider.com

And here's the link to the Mattel website:
Mattycollector.com

[ December 14, 2010, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Todd. I heard this was announced this morning.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw a blurry picture of a slide they showed at the panel. It only showed the "L" symbol (next to a Shazam lightning bolt) under what looked like part of the Justice League Unlimited logo they use on that line so maybe it's going to be a part of it. I could see some JLU style Legion figures, especially the designs used in "Far From Home." (That was the Supergirl JLU ep, right?)
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultra lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultra lad   Email ultra lad         Edit/Delete Post     
mattel will make legion action figures available on there webstore in the future in the jlu style they said 4 packs so hope is still alive
From: texas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenaltyKillah   Author's Homepage   Email PenaltyKillah         Edit/Delete Post     
Really? They've gave the same bit of promise a year ago.

-
(Courtesy of the Legion Omnicom.)

--------------------
"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.

From: Canadia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It's unclear whether the four-packs will be from the Legion's own cartoon or from the JLU appearance or something else.

This time, at least an actual retail source is given. Last year it was even *more* vague, as I remember.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm, if they should be from the cartoon, I certainly won't buy them cause the one above is looking incredibly ugly... this might work as a modern comic book, but not as an action figure...
From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Given that it was shown under the JLU logo, it's likely that it'll be the Legionnaires as they appeared in the Superman/JLU series rather than the LSH animated show as above (which was cancelled due to low orders).

I think it'd be likely we'd see Saturn Girl, Chameleon, and Cosmic Boy (from "New Kids in Town") and Brainiac 5 (from "Far From Home"), four of the five Legionnaires with speaking parts - Bouncing Boy's body would require a unique male body mold.

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was at the panel and the Legion toys will fall under the JLU Banner and style. It won't be until 2009 though guys.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
And the JLU line is now exclusive to Target stores and the new Mattel collectors website: http://www.mattycollector.com

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
What about the 6-inch DCUC line?

While I'll probably buy JLU Legion figures -- especially those that use the Cockrum costumes (Colossal Boy, Lightning Lad and Timber Wolf come to mind, not sure about the rest)

I really want 6-inch figures with a less cartoony look.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matter-eater man
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matter-eater man   Author's Homepage   Email matter-eater man         Edit/Delete Post     
It will be interesting who makes the cut. Supergirl & B5 are probably good bets but after that??? Bouncing Boy was a prominate character in the JLU episode plus the Legion toon but he would require a new mold made & anyone familiar with the JLU figs knows that's not going to happen anytime soon. (sooner if the 4 pack sells well)
From: MN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This is from Chip from the AFI Boards

MattyCollector.com Exclusive 4-packs
(note: all figures in each pack will come individually carded)

Gotham Criminals (TNBA Scarecrow, JLU Clock King, TNBA Bane, JLU Harley Quinn) - 4th Quarter 2008

Captain Marvel - 1st Quarter 2009

Legion of Superheroes - 2nd Quarter 2009

So the earliest we would see LSH toys - at least in the JLU line - would be May of next year.

They could show up sooner in the DCU Classics line or Infinite Heroes line.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Fwoosh rumor:

Colossal Boy C&C series in 2009:

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52334

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately that is pure rumor and fan speculation. LSH figures ARE on the game plan for 2009 but not as part of the DCUC line. They are planed as part of the online JLU exclusives to be offered at MattyCollector.com.

While I would LOVE to see LSH figures in the DCUC line DC & Mattel are not allowing them as options. There is a chance to see some LSH in the DC Infinite Heros line during 2009 as well but probably just the founders. It looks like if the DCIH figures happen they will be in either the 1980's costumes (Great Darkness Saga) or the 2008 Action costumes.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.