Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Levitz back to writing Legion, leaving DC presidency? (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Levitz back to writing Legion, leaving DC presidency?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
*Gasp*! Even Darkseid didn't mess with the Bismollians!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Actually, my guess is Titan. The "scream heard round the universe is a billion or so dying telepaths broadcasting their thoughts.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Alternatively, Hykraius for the same reason.
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
a retcon of TMK's retcon - the destruction of Daxam makes sense. All those potentially super-powered beings make the universe unbalanced - a bit like New Krypton.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
The other phrase conspicuously, and thankfully, absent from what Levitz wrote?

"Sixteen-issue mega-arc".

(Of course, Levitz's entire writing career was kinda one big arc, but still.)

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
a retcon of TMK's retcon - the destruction of Daxam makes sense. All those potentially super-powered beings make the universe unbalanced - a bit like New Krypton.

Except that Levitz has already screwed with Daxam. I would hope he wouldn't repeat himself.
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
On the side-topic of Daxam, it occurs to me that now that the Threeboot Legion is established as being the future of Superboy Prime's universe, I wonder if Prime is going to meet Mon-El and send him into the Phantom Zone, since that's already been established as having happened in Threeboot Mon-El's past.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Wasn't it also established that he had met Supergirl, as well?
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
For posterity (discussed elsewhere) -

Dan Didio announces Paul Levitz is working on Superboy and the LSH: Secret Origins.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
EDE is right. It has to be Titan or Hykraius. I guess since 2009's Star Trek movie, it's trendy to wipe out planets with telepathic populations.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
It could Tyroc, guys. I mean, the man's name translates to Scream of the Devil, and his whole existence has been something of a sore spot in Legion lore.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Except Tyroc's homeworld = Earth.
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Well just because he said homeworld doesn't mean he meant a planet.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It's conceivable that Marzal could be considered a pocket world of some sort. It's not like an island could actually physically exist seperated from earth in another dimension, without gravity or sunlight or air or any of that stuff that's kinda/sorta important...

On the other hand, I'd bet he meant a Legionnaire that we've heard of.

Orando got beat up pretty bad in the LSV war thing, which, granted, was decades ago in the real world, but 'just happened' from a narrative standpoint (in that the classic team hasn't had a whole lot of adventuring time since then, being replaced by other teams most of the time). On the other hand, it's a backwater world in a shiny happy future. On the other, other hand, it got blown up recently in the threeboot as well, so it would seem unoriginal.

Daxam has been crapped upon in living memory as well, although the existence of a planet full of Supermen could be seen as problematic.

Earth is out, as it isn't 'a' Legionnaires homeworld, it's homeworld to multiple Legionnaires (Sun Boy, Wildfire, Bouncing Boy and Invisible Jacques, off the top of my head).

Blowing up Winath would be a blow to the UP, as it's their breadbasket, and personally affect Garth and Ayla (and Mekt). Although Garth is already being written as an Image character, all '90s and growly, so I can't imagine him acting *more* like Wolverine...

Blowing up Braal could be done to affect Cosmic Boy similarly, after Johns portrayal of him as someone who has 'given up everything' to be a Legionnaire. He's another one I don't care for the personality tweak towards, and blowing up his homeworld (and presumably his family / brother, again, if they aren't still dead) would just make him darker and edgier and more like something Rob Liefield would write, so I don't care for that idea either.

[I also hate when a secondary character, usually a girlfriend or wife or child, is killed off to advance the story of a primary character, or 'darken him up.' (See the origin story of the Punisher for details.) Blowing up a planet just to rationalize making Garth or Rokk act even *more* out of character would be exponentially more annoying to me...]

We haven't seen enough of Cargg to really give a crap if the planet blows up. Ditto Tharr, really. Or Hyrkraius.

Bgtzl could count as a 'homeworld,' and might make for an interesting choice. Tinya's powers would change slightly, as she's been portrayed as not only being able to go out of phase with material objects, but also to 'go home' to Bgtzl, and with no 'home' left to go to, who knows how that might affect her abilities. We've also met people from Bgtzl (mainly her mom), making it a more relevant place than if Hyrkraius blew up (for example). The exact nature of the place has never been clear, as Bgtzlns can apparently reach anywhere in the United Planets, and beyond, despite returning to their home planet. Is there an entire universe around Bgtzl, 'on the other side?' Head-scratching stuff, really. One the one hand, it might be easier to blow it up than explain it. On the other hand, it might be a better writing challenge to figure out what the hell it is before blowing it up.

Durla and Talok VIII are interesting worlds, and I'd rather they not be blowed up (not that I want *any* of them blowed up!). Imsk, eh, never much impressed me. Threeboot Naltor was kinda neat, but the other versions I don't know enough about. I think Dryad has already been blown up... Also, Krypton, although for Giffen to fulfill this prediction with a time-travel story back to pre-explosion Krypton could be hilarious, especially if Brainy builds a robot to shrink a Kryptonian city and save it before the planet 'splodes.

Colu? Scary choice.

Blowing up Trom would just absolve Jan from having to go back there and tend to all the graves. Kinda anticlimactic, really.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
*Gasp*! Even Darkseid didn't mess with the Bismollians!

You don't think so? I've always thought Bismoll was prime to be the new Apoko-lips!

(Rimshot)

Insert Cricket noises here...

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.