Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!)
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I hope that was a coloring error. The whole point of the costume was to hide. The tiara is doubly ridiculous. The whole cover looks like something of a rush job.

Like others have said, though, costume aside, it sounds like a good read. Hopefully, I'll have enough money next summer to pick up this big crossover Superman event. (Actually I really hope it is just a lead-up, and the Legion is out by the time the event starts, even if I can afford it. I hate "events.")

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, yes, now there is a new costume I do not like.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Strange miscoloring going on with Brainiac's sleeves as well, it seems. Or he's wearing a purple jumpsuit with grey sleeves and a black coat.

Why don't we just rip the sleeves off of all the male characters and make sure that every female character has a boob window? That seems to be the trend.

Brainy probably wasn't miscolored, he'd ripped off his sleeves to join the new sleeveless look, but then was embarassed by his puny biceps (compared to Garth and Brin) and quickly threw something over them...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
LOL, Jeckie probably just forgot the concealing part of her costume in the 31st century [Smile]

I have to say that I'm pleased to hear that the Legion is about to be "reborn" - again - in a major storyline including Supes and Kara (which means publicity).

This probably will be leading to Levitz' own Legion book, tying up danglers like Bedard did for Shooter after Waid left the Threeboot. As there has not been that much story been told (ten pages per issue!), it should not be too difficult to streamline the Retroboot for the next decade.

Cool!

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I'm one of the few who never liked Jeckie's Sensor Girl outfit (it's a striking costume - just not right for Jeckie IMO) but that update is hideous!

I would much rather see her in the original Sensor Girl outfit - or better yet, an updated version of her pink and blue Adventure-era costume - than that mess.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, hooray. [Roll Eyes] I was just thinking the other day that comics don't have enough boobs sticking out everywhere! Thanks, DC!

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeckie is one character who CAN'T have a costume too outrageous. Dave Cockrum's design pretty much saw to that, and this is clearly an homage to that ...uh...seminal design. I do hope that the sleeves are miscolored, though. Clearly she plans on becoming a Luchador, and more power to her.

What would be a bigger Superman event than "Brainiac & The Legion," though? Must be that New Krypton War or something. Kinda sick of war, for my part.

The most significant part of the cover for me is that Wildfire isn't right next to Dawnstar.

It's worth reflecting how amazing it is to have Legion characters so prominently featured in the Superman books. I'm really enjoying Mon-El in "Superman." I am excited to see where his story goes. I know he had his own book and all in the 1990s, but that feels like another life. This approach has more potential to fit into a cohesive Superman/Legion mythos.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
aside from the bad costume on Sensor Girl (which IS bad), does this mean that the new title in march is... The Legion of Super-Heroes?????

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's what I thought.

And let me echo the sentiments of Sensor's Girl "open window"!

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I also do not like Sensor Girl's new costume. But, at least it distracts from Element Lad's poor choices. Wide bands at the elbow and hipboots? Costume update fail.

I'm guessing the title to be named later is a new Superboy title.

I'm looking forward to the story, though. I wonder if the Legion has to help Brainiac or some twist like that.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
It's so weird - I was just posting on another thread that I've been getting on board with the whole idea of reducing the sexual objectification of female comic book characters, and then here come Jeckie's boobs!

This is especially disturbing/disappointing/distracting because Jecky went from the extremely revealing Cockrum costume to the rather conservative Sensor Girl costume. Now it seems she's stepped back into sexy girl mode again. (Hmmm... evidently I've forgotten/ignored 3boot Jecky.)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:

This is especially disturbing/disappointing/distracting because Jecky went from the extremely revealing Cockrum costume to the rather conservative Sensor Girl costume. Now it seems she's stepped back into sexy girl mode again. (Hmmm... evidently I've forgotten/ignored 3boot Jecky.)

What is so wrong about Jeckie's costume is that last time we saw her she was looking at a photo of her late husband and crying. A woman in mourning does not dress like that

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottle City of Kanga
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle City of Kanga   Author's Homepage   Email Bottle City of Kanga         Edit/Delete Post     
I honestly don't think I've seen a worse Legion costume EVAH.

Do we know who is actually responsible for this?

http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/2009/12/sensor-girls-redesign-ban-this-sick.html

--------------------
http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/

Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought Levitz was taking over this series. Does anyone know if he is, and if so, with which issue will his stories start?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Just checked out another thread and found the answer to my question. Carry on...
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.