Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!) (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!)
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Is that a new wrinkle, so to speak?

[LOL]
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by Mediocre Boy:

Anyway, I'm going to trust a statement that was made by Dan Dido somewhere at some point in the last year: namely that Legion fans are going to be very happy in the days to come.

He's just trying to lull you into a false sense of security, MB! Don't fall for it until we finally get those damn rings!

[Wink]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
My thoughts...

I enjoyed this issue well enough, not a big fan of the last story but that's simply because I don't care about that plot line.

The Superboy story was nice, but I HATE the entire idea that "so and so with knowledge sent us on a mission to fix something but didn't tell us what or how and for no particular reason we weren't supposed to communicate with eachother". That's stupid storytelling, so unless at the end of this thing the writers can make that make sense than I figure they just got lazy, and that annoys me.

Other thing is how awful Jeckie's new costume look. Nothing about it works for me, the tiara at the top looks ridiculous, even more so with the open eyes on the full face mask and the sleeveless look is wretched. Honestly the boob window was actually the least worst thing about the new costume. Sigh, I worry about so called artists who design things like that.

Now on to the positive stuff. I did like the set-up, normally I don't like getting short stories like that, especially when I pay $4 for the issue, but here I felt that it was good set-up and except for the last story didn't feel like filler. I think Gate's work was the strongest, he set-up what he needed to set-up and still left room for our heroes to DO something, which we don't always see in comics, and I did like some of the insight into Brainy that he showed us.

I was thinking of sitting out this storyline, but I think I'll at least pick up a portion of it (I'll have to look and see) but I am intrigued.

So solid issue, just wish they would stop redesigning the Legionnaires costumes so that they look worse than they did before.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
1) i dont like mon's look Jackies look and i am real sick of the superboy in god damn jeans but i did like that Querl as a child wore the rebot clothing

2)you'd think that cham would be a little more interested in what his dad was planing when his dad said it was his last will and testament

3) i didn't like that jan did the whole superman revile with his shirt..but i do like he's back in the pink

4)old Brainy's dad...was an asshole. he flat out ingrained it into Querl that he was meant dominate others..thats what drives brainy insane the first time. (ya know on top of being the only one in the legion that never got a vacation.) him in the legion doing good went against his conditioning as a child and over the years that drove him crazy.

5) brainys parents died way before he went to the legion..Brainy was raised by the state. that part of the reason he dosen't like clou..kids hated him and he was raised in an orphanage with other kids

6)you cant just call some one a brainiac. i is not exclusive to the dox line. IT. IS. A. TITLE. Querl has had it since a few hours after his birth cause thats how long it took for the 12th level brain to show, thats is why he gets away with so much with the up, so long as he doesn't blow up the planet there good.

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Lyrl took the Brainiac 'title' for himself.
I guess ONLY a Dox can claim it.

And the orphan thing, maybe Querl's dad died soon after the scene we saw.
That would still make Brainy an orphan at an early age.

We have to remember that this is the retroboot and the timeline HAS been changed somewhat.

Originally, Val wasn't resurrected and killed again, Lu didn't have her second self killed in the past, RJ Brande wasn't murdered at this point, Mysa didn't become the Black Witch, yada yada.

I agree that I hate Jeckie's and Lar's look but Cham may not know that his father is really dead since there has been a time block for the last year, as stated this issue.

I wonder is the Time Trapper is somehow involved with Brainiac since he's usually been the one to 'block time' in the Legion's past.

And I also like the nod to the reboot.

Car Fax (love that) is so self involved that it's hard to want anything to do with her, at all.
But, I feel that way about Zod and Ursa, too.

I felt that Jan's reveal was a gift to us, the fans of EL.
He's been pretty jacked around for MANY years and they gave him back to us, even if it's for a short time.

I'm satisfied.

Did anyone else think that the Superman kissing a costumed Lois (I hope) was pretty interesting?
It was in one of the commercials.
sigh
There's nothing like a good Superman kiss scene.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Add me to the list of those giving Sensor Girl's costume a thumbs down. There is nothing about it I like.

I'm not happy to see Element Lad back in pink. I would be thrilled to see him back in his Cockrum designed green and dark blue/black.

I didn't find much to enjoy about this issue. It makes me queasy and distrustful. I've really missed my monthly Legion fix since the 3boot series was cancelled. The overall concept of "Brainiac and the Legion of Super-Heroes" has me interested. I'm almost hopeful that chronal rift (pay attention guys, it's not a space rift) might help straighten out some of the continuity rifts that bog down the Johnsboot Legion. I'm big enough, though, to accept that many of those questions may never be answered.

My bigger fear is that we won't get a story at all. Are we just going to get more "previews". In many ways, Lightning Saga was a preview for a new Flash series and Countdown. Countdown was a preview for Final Crisis. The Action story line was a preview for Legion of Three Worlds. Legion of Three Worlds was a Final Crisis crossover and a bit of a preview for Blackest Night.

Robinson's run with Mon-El on Superman and the Legion's back up in Adventure have felt like little more than previews to "Brainiac and the Legion of Super-Heroes". I'm worried that I'm going to pick up the eight issues that come out over the next few weeks, and in the end there will be a big cliffhanger that says to be continued in "War of the Supermen".

So here I sit, wondering and worrying whether I should buy "Last Stand on New Krypton", "Supergirl" and "Superman" for the next couple of months. Things are more than a bit tight financially at home right now. I'm going to miss my Legion fix if I don't buy them. If I do, and they don't deliver, I'm going to feel really dumb. DC has done that too many times these past few years.

Comic books should not make me feel queasy. [Frown]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
snip

quote:
Originally posted by stephbarton:
My thoughts...

The Superboy story was nice, but I HATE the entire idea that "so and so with knowledge sent us on a mission to fix something but didn't tell us what or how and for no particular reason we weren't supposed to communicate with each other". That's stupid storytelling, so unless at the end of this thing the writers can make that make sense than I figure they just got lazy, and that annoys me.

A total guess would be that they were given solo things to do without communicating with each other to insure that everything could not be undone by one of them getting taken and the info pried out of them...which would also lead me to believe that there are redundancies built into their missions. In case one failed.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the boots might be the ugliest part of Jeckie's costume and that's saying some thing cause that's just a lot of ugly.

Haven't seen anything that hideous since Kitty Pryde designed her first costume.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
let's keep the whole costume thing with some perspective...or would you guys rather have Sneckie back?
From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh big deal, they turned her into a snake. Be lucky they didn't carve her eyes out and make her possessed.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
let's keep the whole costume thing with some perspective...or would you guys rather have Sneckie back?

Oh, saints preserve us, no!

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Lyrl took the Brainiac 'title' for himself.

Originally, Val wasn't resurrected and killed again, Lu didn't have her second self killed in the past, RJ Brande wasn't murdered at this point, Mysa didn't become the Black Witch, yada yada.

I agree that I hate Jeckie's and Lar's look but Cham may not know that his father is really dead since there has been a time block for the last year, as stated this issue.

right his dad was alive and well when they left. so if your dad said to you 'this is my last will and testament' that is not a normal thing to say to any one let alone your kid. especially to your kid who is a detective..

also that means Rj had to know he was going to die.

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
...right his dad was alive and well when they left. so if your dad said to you 'this is my last will and testament' that is not a normal thing to say to any one let alone your kid. especially to your kid who is a detective..

also that means RJ had to know he was going to die.

Well, that's never exactly been a normal parent-child relationship, has it? They have their own weird dynamic. [Eek!] [LOL] [Eek!]

I was telling mr_cleome last week that I need to have my will updated because it hasn't been for ten years. And I'm not even in a career where anyone's ever taken a shot at me.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I don't hate Jeckie's costume. It really doesn't bother me that much, so i guess I'm in the minority here. Thats fine.

Jan in pink...don't even like it on women in bikini's. Its just an ugly pastel color to me. right up there with institutional green.

Mon's suit...wrong. Just so wrong.

That being said, thats about all the negative I have. I thought the story was fast paced, even with the exposition. I got a lot of reveals because I haven't been reading the superman books and don't plan to start to, and Paul is starting soon. That makes me happy.

And, I got to see my favorite legionaire, Timber Wolf, in quick action.

And this is the lead up to a new legion book. Color me happy. Not gonna nitpick it because I've seen enough of that at the WW boards over at DC.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
I'm not happy to see Element Lad back in pink. I would be thrilled to see him back in his Cockrum designed green and dark blue/black.

Total agreement there. That was always my favorite E-lad costume.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.