Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!)
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"Brainiac and the Legion of Super Heroes"?

DC Comics Blogpost

[ December 04, 2009, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
and kara's gonna be part of the story...hmm will she and brainy meet and have cupid stike...

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Sterling's writing the 31st century part but I guess its not out there that more could arrive in the 21st century

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Where has the front of Jeckies costume gone? It looks awful!
From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Probably just mis-colored for now. It looked right in Superman # 692.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottle City of Kanga
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle City of Kanga   Author's Homepage   Email Bottle City of Kanga         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh good grief, the new Sensor Girl costume is HIDEOUS!!!

Boobs out and a mask? Not a good look...

I don't think it's miscoloured, it's a redesign. The boots, gloves etc are different.

[Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/

Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
New Sensor Girl costume aside, this actually sounds pretty exciting! I think this is a groovy idea and hopefully--just maybe--this could turn on some new readers to the Legion.

I'm glad to see Adventure syncing up with the Superman books so both Superboy and the Legion can interact with them. I'd prefer if afterwards the Legion (in Adventure or wherever) then can move away from the Superman books and be on their own, but I think this is a decent marketing attempt to draw attention to the Legion here, to regain old fans and gain new ones as well.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
It's a minor redesign, but all you need to do is color the cleavage area white and the arms red, and it looks exactly right.

And I'm sure that what we're seeing on the blog there isn't the cover professionally colored, it's just a thrown-together rough draft to tease.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Bottle City of Kanga:
Oh good grief, the new Sensor Girl costume is HIDEOUS!!!

Boobs out and a mask? Not a good look...

I don't think it's miscoloured, it's a redesign. The boots, gloves etc are different.

[Frown] [Frown]

and a tiara!

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottle City of Kanga
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle City of Kanga   Author's Homepage   Email Bottle City of Kanga         Edit/Delete Post     
WHAT?!?!?!!?!?!?!

Great Hera!

I'd missed that!

--------------------
http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/

Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It sounds nteresting. I wonder if it'll be wrapping up the Legion in the 21st century plotlines to clear the deck for Levitz's new run. The ongoing Legion plotlines have been my favorite parts of the new Superman books, so I'm glad everything is coming to a head.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Argh! What's with them redesigning Legionnaires' costumes to make them uglier! Oh well, I'll hope it's a coloring error (but the way DC has been going lately that's probably not the case). Anyways, the rest sounds pretty cool. Still some trepidation about the Johnsboot but they are at least giving it a big push by tying it in to the big Superman event before Levitz takes over.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, that has to be the worst destruction of a great costume, ever.

I'm stunned that that came off the pen of Manapul, laughing as I see it. What was he thinking?

The story has potential though I might have to cut and paste over that uni. lol

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta be a miscolour...Look under her arms, there's cloth creases.

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Looking at the pencils gives me the same impression as the final version. I'm putting money on this was intentional.

Besides, without Legion being published, we need a good reason to riot.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.