Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!)
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like Ayla and Brin are still 'close', whatever that means.

I like Drake's look and still dislike Dawnstar's 'inside the comic and main cover' look.

The 'Brainy kid' scenes with the Coluan kids reminded me a little of the Star Trek scenes where Spock fought the Vulcan kids.

I like Querl's hopeful but rather ineffectual dad! And I'm glad 'mom' isn't the Brainiac 4 monster of the reboot.
sigh

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Looks like Ayla and Brin are still 'close', whatever that means.

I like Drake's look and still dislike Dawnstar's 'inside the comic and main cover' look.

The 'Brainy kid' scenes with the Coluan kids reminded me a little of the Star Trek scenes where Spock fought the Vulcan kids.

I like Querl's hopeful but rather ineffectual dad! And I'm glad 'mom' isn't the Brainiac 4 monster of the reboot.
sigh

I don't think B4 is ineffectual, he looks very serene. Perhaps beaten down by years of torment brought on by his family connections. What I do like though is that in Legion of 3 worlds someone steals the Brainiac name as a status symbol where as before Brainiac 5 it was shunned. He's doing his job well.

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
snip

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:

I thought the exact same thing. Ah well.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Decent issue. Was able to get hold of the variant for $1 more than cover price, so that's pretty cool.

Set up time for the Last Stand of New Krypton.

Still hate Jeckies outfit though.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
My comic shop was sold out of the variant cover by the time I got there. They were selling it for TEN BUCKS! He said he could reorder it for me for $9. WTF? Why couldn't they have just given us a decent cover to begin with? Why do we have to pay triple price for a good one?

I too hate Sensor Girl's new costume.

The art was very inconsistent. Some panels were fine. Others were just ugly. Can't believe they split ME Lad's face down the centerfold on one spread.

Got bored with the Car Fax lady's interview with Gen. Lane. Could hardly make myself read it.

I know ME Lad was revealed as "Mitch" in Action. Were Cham and Jeckie revealed there too? I haven't read Action in years.

Why would Star Boy and ME Lad be on this mission when they haven't been active members in years? More details lost to the reboot void I guess. Still, nice to have them back.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, yeah. Ma Kent looked like Aunt May. When did she get so frail and shriveled looking? Is that a new wrinkle, so to speak?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:

Got bored with the Car Fax lady's interview with Gen. Lane. Could hardly make myself read it.

I couldn't agree more Jim! My reaction exactly.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
This was just an okay issue, but it was the first new Legion comic I've bought in over a year. I've forgotten how thrilling it is to read a new Legion story. It makes me feel more excited about all the other comics I'm buying, and about life in general.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't read the issue yet, but I have a great owner of my LCS. He knows I buy a lot of comics there and I get my variant covers at cover price.
No, I can't tell you where, he'd kill me then I'd have to come back as Black Lantern Arm Fall-Off Boy and kill you all.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty light issue, despite having three stories.

The first story was pretty cookie-cutter. Not bad, but nothing we haven't seen before. A Rift in Space? Must be Thursday.

The Second story: Holy Exposition Batman! Continuing from the Superman issue where nothing much happened, even less happens here. We get a bit about Brande's will (but not much really) and everyone agrees they're in. Can't wait to get Robinson away from the Legion.

The third story is fine I guess, but deals with a plotline that doesn't interest me. And again not much happens.

It's Adventure Comics without an adventure!

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Its a prologue Rouge!

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Para-Dox:
Its a prologue Rouge!

And a crappy one at that.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

It felt more like a recap than a prologue.
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Just because it's a prologue doesn't excuse pages and pages of talking heads that ultimately don't reveal anything to justify an entire story devoted to them. A good prologue should set up the coming story, identify an approaching threat etc., yet still be able to tell it's own story in the process. Only the first story did this, and even it was pretty bland.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anybody else notice that the young Brainiac-5 was depicted in the reBoot version of Brainy's unform? Does this mean that the revised origin doesn't apply to the older version of Brainy (i.e. the one from pseudo-silver age continuity who was the central Legion figure this issue, in the 30th century, at least)?

Secondly, the whole UP-space-station-going-into-the-rift plot line really evoked the senario that set Legion Lost into motion for me. I don't know if this is significant, but it did have impact in terms of raising my expectation that momentuous developments lie ahead (yeah, I know: well duh!).

Anyway, I'm going to trust a statement that was made by Dan Dido somewhere at some point in the last year: namely that Legion fans are going to be very happy in the days to come.

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.