Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!) (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics #8/511: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!)
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
no way people element lad back in pink is the best thing ever

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I do like this outfit design better than the giant arrow. I would have like to see this tweaked a little. Either in design or color.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I like the pink too. It's E Lad's signature color.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
Think Pink!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D41-Bz1oNcA

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Everyone on scans_daily is snerking right now because in the current Adventure story, Jan looks like he's delivering a strip-o-gram to the Kent household.

I still like the costume though.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
that would be a good back up job for jan now that you bring it up

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, don't credit/blame me. I didn't even buy the issue. [Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

me either-im so broke right now after a huge snow storm i hit not one but 2 pot holes on two different days (in less then one week) that just wrecked one tire and the second one im hoping my muffler can get reattached to the part its disconnected from

buying comics right now is low on my list..but i did download it cause i need to keep up with my legion

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Just read it.

The Brainy story was decent. Didn't love the art but it wasn't bad.

I love Julian Lopez so I was excited about the next story. Element Lad the way I like him! Costume looked great. Everyone was talking about back in pink and I thought they meant the pink/white costume. But this is the magneta/black costume that rocks! And he doesn't have the perm anymore! [Wink]

Loved the double page with the other members on it. On the cover i HATED Sensor Girl's costume but with Lopez drawing it I like it. It would look better without the mask but if her identity is a secret her powers work better. Tellus looked great! Cham looked a bit too young but he's a shape shifter so maybe he did it on purpose to look young for Mon and Kon...or to look like what Mon-El will meet him as in the future. I haven't kept up with Mon-El's story so I have to read it now.

Not liking having the Legion tied into every Superman event. I think less is more with the Legion-Superman relationship. Make their interaction their own event. Superman events are not GL events that rock. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I just loved reading this issue!
Not just because it finally brought all the Legionnaires-in-the-past-on-a-secret-mission stuff to a boil but also because, as so many on here have said already, it gave me my monthy Legion fix (gosh we Legion fans are "addicts" of a sort aren't we?? Oh well! LOL).
I agree that Jeckie's costume is a bit too circus performer-ish, and I prefer the pink/black costume on Jan.
Cham looks great in his new costume though but ME Lad needs an overhaul in the costume department badly. I think once the new regular Legion book starts we'll see Princess/Queen Projectra revert to her normal self again (platinum hair and a costume more befitting a monarch). She can lose the name "Sensor Girl" too as far as I'm concerned.
The Brainiac storyline sounds interesting and I for one am onboard with it.
I'm so happy the Legion's back in full force ... this is definately going to be the Legion's year.

I hope!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I never liked the name Sensor Girl either. If she used her powers effectively, she wouldn't need a disguise. She can disguise herself with her powers if need be, or not even show herself at all.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
Element Lad back in the classic pink and black - awesome

Senor Girl - not so awesome. What was wrong with the orginal version?

I do like that it all finally coming together though.

From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
What does "snerking" mean!??!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Snerk, definition of.

"1. A giggle that comes out more as a snort.

2. The noise you make when you snort your drink out your nose. (From trying not to laugh.)"

--------------------

Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
3. Senior leader and divine ruler in the monarchy state of Sner.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.