Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Heroes of other worlds? (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Heroes of other worlds?
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
Triplicate Boy

That's clever! I like how you tweaked the native Carggite ability to make something entirely new.

The ability to affect even people, could be incredible, if someone like Element Lad or Mon-El was present!

quote:
The Phage
Also cool!

I always wanted to tweak the Somahturans by having them be the remains of the humanoids who either originally lived there, or of colonists who were infected and 'killed' by sentient viral hive-minds. It wasn't a malicious act, the colonies of micro-sentiences had always taken over larger (non-sentient) life-forms, in such numbers that each human-sized life-form was like an entire world to their people, and they didn't know until it was too late that the new host bodies that had become available to them belonged to creatures that were *already* sentient...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
From the Dominator Throneworld;

Omniphage, Genetically modified, Omniphage has a thick torso, and his head has almost a dozen seperate mouths. In the center of his head, a massive snout like fanged mouth, large enough to engulf a smaller man's head, is filled with fangs stronger than steel, and is possessed of superhumanly strong muscles, giving it crushing force far greater than it's appearance would suggest. Below that mouth, in the middle of the neck, another mouth leads directly to the digestive system, and Omniphage can spit a mixture of digestive acids and enzymes that are too potent for his own body to contain, in their concentrated state. On the sides of his bull-like neck, six tube-like structures end in smaller mouths, with the shortest of them producing sounds too low for humans to register, the mid-length 'pipes' producing sound and speech in human ranges, and the highest-placed of these mouths generating souunds pitched too high for humans to hear. Working in tandem, these six throats can produce complicated multi-part harmonies, only partially audible to humans, that have a hypnotic sedative effect, causing people to become sluggish and suggestible. Atop the central mouth, placed where nostrils would be for most humanoids with a similar snout-like facial structure, a pair of smaller mouths can spray forth a paralyzing toxic mist that blinds and envenomes those struck, either in one or two thin streams of fluid that can travel up to 30 ft, or in a cone like spray of fine droplets that can fill an area in front of him. His final mouth is in the center of his dome-like forehead, and can generate powerful pulses of sound, usable for echolocation or sonar scans or even direct attacks, able to produce sonic pulses powerful enough to potentially rupture some internal organs, shatter eardrums or stun foes by damaging them internally. Tiny beady eyes provide only limited visual perception, but his incredibly advanced senses of hearing, taste, smell and thermal sensation (augmented by his many tongues, which are sensitive to scent and fluctuations in temperature) more than compensate for any visual shortcomings.

The other members of Dominator Super-Squad Six tend to regard Omniphage as a big, dumb brute, or walking bio-weapon, assaulting foes with globs of acid, sprays of toxin or punishing sonic assaults, but he is very intelligent, particularly in matters of linguistics and chemical analysis, and makes good use of his heightened sensory range, and ability to stupefy targets with his hypnotic 'backup chorus'.

While the sonic pulses from his upper-most mouth are not generally powerful enough to easily rupture most internal organs, certain external organs, such as eardrums, or, a particular favorite, eyeballs, are vulnerable to his attacks, and he is more than willing to cause permanant harm in this manner, as 'super-hero' means something quite different to the Dominator teams...

[Yes, this is a different version of Visi-Lad. Instead of having a half-dozen pairs of eyes, each with different functions, Omniphage as a bunch of different *mouths,* each with their own super-powers.

I leave to the readers imagination what sort of powers Polyphallic Pete would have...]

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:

Omniphage

That's okay, I didn't plan on ever sleeping again.

Or being in a room with the lights off.

*_*

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Set:

Omniphage

That's okay, I didn't plan on ever sleeping again.

Or being in a room with the lights off.

*_*

Heh. My other idea in that vein was Eyeful Ethyl's second cousin, Mouthy Myrtle, who has a dozen mouths and never shuts up.

Mouthy Myrtle totally needs to appear in a MLLASH picture, getting killed by Frenemy or Fembrain (or both!) for annoying them... (probably by having her many mouths stuffed with delicious pastries, in the Death of a Thousand Ding-Dongs)

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
See, now I came up with a totally different use for a dozen mouths.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

From Orando (although currently operating on the Sorcerer's World);

Lady Lake inheritor of a mystical legacy from old Earth, the knight who calls herself Lady Lake wears medieval styled armor of advanced metal composite, and carries no visible weaponry. Her tabard depicts her personal crest, a blood-red sword crossed behind a silver-gray triangular shield that bears the sigil of a golden-yellow bowl pouring forth a white river. When she extends a hand and wills it so, sparkling energy manifests and coalesces into the form of a indestructible hand-and-a-half sword, with a blade of a ruddy magically resonant metal, that strikes with the magical force and skill of the hundreds of knights who have born it throughout the ages. A thought, and the sword dissolves and is replaced by an unadorned shield of reflective silvery metal, as indestructible as the blade, and that produces a magical shield of force that protects not only Lady Lake, but any who stand behind her, manifesting as a barely visible hemispherical sideways dome of force. The third relic that can be manifested, again, only by dissolving whatever one she holds into sparkling energy, and reforming it, is a golden bowl that contains glowing water. Water from the bowl serves to heal those who touch it or are annointed with it, washing away even grievous injuries, the effects of disease, exhaustion, privation, toxin or radiation poisoning, as readily as normal water sluices away dirt. By tipping the bowl in a direction and allowing the water to spill forth, she can also generate a wave of water that sweeps those near in that direction from their feet, and can extinquish flames, or cleanse an area of toxins or radiation.

Lady Lake's true identity remains a mystery to the people of Orando, as she does not remove her helmet in public, and has special dispensation from Queen Projectra to refuse to do so in the presence of anyone who would otherwise be able to demand her to do so.

Rumors swirl, some saying that she is a young noblewoman, afraid that her father will forbid her from serving as a champion in this manner, or that her father is scurrilous or ill-favored in some way, and Lady Lake does not wish them to gain in esteem from her actions. The most scandalous rumor is that she is no 'Lady' at all, but a mere commoner, and that the Queen, as is her occasionally-frustrating traditions-flouting wont, allows her to remain anonymous and call herself 'Lady.'

[ June 12, 2012, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Set

quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
See, now I came up with a totally different use for a dozen mouths.

Well, yes, obviously she'd *own* at hot dog eating contests.

Sure, the Bismollan contestant would be a challenge, but he's only got the one mouth, and, if he goes *too* fast, he'll lose fingers.

Bismollan eating contests are serious business, y'all! Medics are standing by!

She's also all up in the kissing booth. No waiting in line for this lass, she can kiss all comers!

If only she didn't have a voice (er, voices) like a sack of cats, she could be a one woman choir!

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the comments on Brainiac 8, Set and raz [Smile] Studies in Psychology make for fertile ground. Emotional intelligence, in particular, is undervalued.

PS - Triplicate Boy sounds EXTREMELY powerful! If the Legion ever let him in...!

And Omniphage just sounds scarily interesting.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

From Talok III, Sariff Nor, called Skyborne.

At an early age, he found an ancient alien corpse in an underground cistern. The organic crystal bracers worn by the alien flowed from it's body to his own, and fused to his nervous system, becoming unremovable. From them, he could generate propulsive force, with a distinctive 'wing' like appearance, forming behind his arms and propelling him into the air. For the first few meters from his outstretched arms, the force is solid and powerfully repulsive, allowing him to block incoming attacks with ease, or to strike someone with them and hurl them back with force similar to that of a jet engine (the counterforce of such an effect paradoxically not affecting him, when he choses to do this). A mostly intangible manifestation that resembles white tendrils of mist extends another five meters or more, when he's in flight, and can trail behind him for a kilometer or more. A faint white fog also steams off of him, when the wings are manifested, and he is protected from the thin cold atmosphere of the upper skies, and from the effects of air friction when he travels at speed.

He later learned that his power works equally well underwater, forming inky black 'wings' that appear fluid instead of wisps of white fog, and with a crawling inky aura that protects him from the pressure, cold and airlessness of the deep ocean, as well as enhancing his vision, allowing him to navigate the sunless deep. Only by accident did he learn that his aura and wings will also function in outer space, protecting him from the radiation, cold and lack of pressure or atmosphere, and manifesting as intricate lines and curves of white light streaming behind him. While he has come to love exploring the oceans with this aspect of his powers, he is terrified of travelling through space, and has only once made the trip from Talok III to 'sister-world' of Talok VIII under his own power, preferring to commute between worlds of the Talok system by commercial shuttle.

By necessity, Skyborne has become quite skilled at blocking anything up and including blasterfire with his force-wings, and moving in close enough to 'clothesline' foes while he flies amongst them, all without touching the ground. He has also found the visible manifestations, whether 'mist' or 'ink' or 'swirly lights,' to be useful for obscuring the vision of others, and he seems to have no difficulty navigating through the streams of fog (or ink, etc.) that he leaves behind.

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Skyborne sounds awesome! I love the visual of his power, and it's carrying on the proud DC tradition of heroes using alien equipment as established by such fine precedents as Hal Jordan, Lana Lang and Jaime Reyes. [Wink]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Skyborne sounds awesome! I love the visual of his power, and it's carrying on the proud DC tradition of heroes using alien equipment as established by such fine precedents as Hal Jordan, Lana Lang and Jaime Reyes. [Wink]

Thanks! The visual was indeed what sold me on that power. Ever since Jean Grey flew up out of the water with her big fire wings, I've loved the idea of energy wing like structures.

I chose the alien tech to fit the only other hero I knew of from Talok III, the alien Starman, Mikaal Tomas. Being a non-Legionnaire hero, it was totally fine for him to have device-granted powers, as well.

Set

Also not a hero, and also from Titan, which is apparently crawling with super-types, in my head;

'Party Boy' (a name he never uses) is Tolin Xiraph, the sole son (and clone) of Fenar Xiraph, head of Xiraph Verti Enterprises, a prominent Titanian telepathic defense contractor. Too busy to have kids 'the old fashioned way,' the Sr. Xiraph had a clone of himself decanted, and mid-way through the child's youth, discovered a fluke effect of his telepathic potential is that he uncontrollably broadcast the effects of any mind or mood altering effect to all around him (first discovered with an energy drink). After years of trying to teach him to suppress this ability, the disciplinarian elder Xiraph gave up and suggested that he find a practical way to capitalize on it, thinking perhaps a job in pharmacological research, or some sort of substance-abuse therapy. Tolin had another idea, and instead took advantage of his ability to go to wild parties, and partake of controlled substances, 'sharing' the effect of whatever he was on with everyone around him. It was almost immediately discovered that, while high on sensory-affecting drugs and 'broadcasting,' other feelings and sensations were shared as well, when an attractive fan of the effect he was sharing gave him a passionate kiss, and the entire room got to share that, and what followed, too.

Tolin is now invited to *all* the cool parties, as drug designers and 'hospitality professionals' compete to have him sample their wares, broadcasting them to everyone present, and advertising their 'product' to partygoers who might not be willing to pay for an untested product (or might be unwilling to sample anything that would remain in their body chemistry later, due to their jobs, making him popular at soirees hosted by the sorts of people who simply couldn't enjoy drugs any other way, due to their security clearances, etc.).

After the crash, he puts his telepathy-dampening helmet back on and goes home to his disappointed father, because he's well aware that *nobody* wants to be his best friend or enthusiastic lover when he comes back down to reality and the crushing depression returns...

Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
Set i'm loving everyone of your creations!

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Omni:
Set i'm loving everyone of your creations!

Thanks! I had a bunch written up, at first, but I'm saving a few for a fanfic (that I may never write, since I'm in the middle of one, and in the plotting stages of another...).

Others just sort of pop up, like this latest Titanian, or the Carggite sisters who can grant powers of flight, communications or adaptation to others, or the Dominator Super-Squad Six (of which Omniphage is the only one I've posted, so far) or the Sorcerer's Seven, a team of mages / mystical creatures operating from the Sorcerer's World (of which Lady Lake is the only one I've posted).

I love the ideas that others have posted, as well. I tend to think along certain lines, and never would have imagined bringing up new heroes from Zwenn, for instance!

Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
Well i can't wait to see more of these if you get a chance.

and your right! the Zwenn heroes are great too!

honestly i'm just amazed at all the talent put forth on this thread!

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.