Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LEGION OF SUPER-VILLAINS #1-Preview/Spoilers (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: LEGION OF SUPER-VILLAINS #1-Preview/Spoilers
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
Sun Emperor is in it from the beginning. Didn't see Cosmic King, though.

That's Sun Killer.
Sun Emperor has yet to appear.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Questor was the old character I believe the one with teleporting power....wore blue uniform and red cape...blonde hair...chicken out most of time...movie star...

Immortus --- one of the Wanderers....or....Taurus Gang? cn't remember. heh.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Questar was the blond guy with the tassles & Immorto was the guy from the Wanderers.
Different from the two that appear in this issue.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
ah....those spellings almost look familar to me. thanks for the correction. I have to wait til the first week of April to get that book. sigh.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

I must say the coloring by Javier Mena is a vast improvement over Hi-Fi's ham-fisted pallete in the regular book, IMO.
The hues were subtle when called for and vivid when called for.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
How many can Saturn Queen control at one time?
The more she controls, the less complete her control or what?
She's gotta hit a wall of some sort, sooner or later.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I think there's a few hints at the rock that Immortus is actually General Immortus transplanted into a robot body.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't much care for the issue, art or story. Probably wouldn't have bought it, except my CBS owner pulled it for me. Agreed that the characters are unsympathetic. And since when is the Hunter's tracking skill a spaceworthy super power? Why didn't they just kidnap Dawnstar and use her? She's zooming around out there in space on her own somewhere.

I don't care for teleporting characters either. Too deus ex machina. And why would SQ recruit Micro Lad anyway? He's pretty useless as villains go.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
While his powers were potentially deadly (since he could zip into someone's body and give them a fatal stroke, which would wipe out big guns like Ultra Boy or Element Lad pretty easily), I don't really get why Micro Lad was ever hanging around with the LSV anyway.

He's not a bank robber or a world-conquerer, he's an Imskian separatist. Any group that doesn't have 'free Imsk from the evil clutches of the United Planets' really has nothing to offer him, by way of advancing his agenda.

It felt like his only reason to be a part of the LSV is so that they could have an evil Shrinking Violet to hang with the evil Saturn Girl, the evil Chameleon Boy, the evil Sun Boy, the evil Cosmic Boy, the evil Lightning Lad, etc, etc.

Sure, maybe he hung out with them to get money, to then channel to the Imskian underground, but he still kinda feels like he was just thrown in there as another warm body...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
While his powers were potentially deadly (since he could zip into someone's body and give them a fatal stroke, which would wipe out big guns like Ultra Boy or Element Lad pretty easily), I don't really get why Micro Lad was ever hanging around with the LSV anyway.

He's not a bank robber or a world-conquerer, he's an Imskian separatist. Any group that doesn't have 'free Imsk from the evil clutches of the United Planets' really has nothing to offer him, by way of advancing his agenda.

I don't know, the Levitz depictions of him always showed him with a cruel streak. I remember a lot of gleeful sneering at Violet's condition. While he may have hid behind his cause, I think he was in it because he was rotten and it gave him an excuse. The first time he was recruited by Zymyr he certainly didn't hesitate to take the LSV up on their offer.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
If BouncingBear is to be believed, and I have no reason to doubt him, Micro Lad was included so that there could be someone killed without too many fans having a fit.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Micro Lad generally hung around the LSV because their agenda was killing Legionnaires, and he wanted to get Shrinking Violet.

I thought the new LSV seemed very bad-assed, and look forward to seeing upcoming developments in this story. I liked the nods to prior continuity (e.g., the off-handed mention of Zuun as a source for the robot, the inclusion of a Sklarian raider).

It took me a while to remember why Saturn Queen's imprisonment wasn't really holding. They should have led off the issue with a panel or two reminding us of the blue creature's passage affecting her.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
If BouncingBear is to be believed, and I have no reason to doubt him, Micro Lad was included so that there could be someone killed without too many fans having a fit.

Yes, because Gods forbid we should have an issue without a major disastor or the gratutitous death of a secondary (or even tertiary) character. But if ssome one had to go it might as well be him. At least he died with a halfway decent costume.

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Questor reminded me somewhat of the Coluan villain from the ReBoot days called Big Brain (at least I think that was his name). Y'know, leader of a small gang that tried to take over Winath just prior to Ayla being designated her world's Legion representative?

Anybody else agree?

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
So it's funny, after making my comment about Micro Lad having been used oddly in the past, I just got this special and the first (and only) words out of his mouth are about how he's all about Imskian liberation!

I laughed to see that, since it was like Paul had read my mind.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.