Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LEGION OF SUPER-VILLAINS #1-Preview/Spoilers (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: LEGION OF SUPER-VILLAINS #1-Preview/Spoilers
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
W
A
T
C
H
O
U
T
F
O
R
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
How many can Saturn Queen control at one time?
The more she controls, the less complete her control or what?
She's gotta hit a wall of some sort, sooner or later.

Oh.
She's augmented by the blue baby.
As are the rest, when they need to be.
sigh

I thought it was funny that SQ does all this computer erasing and stuff to hide her and the others involvement and escape from GT, and the first conclusion Jo makes when he gets there is that that things started where SQ was held.
Paul has decided not to hide Jo's intelligence any longer, I guess.

The Rock of Eternity has been blown up before, hasn't it?
Won't it's magical field pull it back together?
If not, since all of the pieces are right there, won't someone just put them back together, like before?
Where's Thunder in all this?
There's one Rock for all the realities, right?
gads

And, I bet Li is one of those immortal 'wisdom' people.
The blue baby is Darkseid using the High Father idea from Saga?

I liked the art but the story is kind of flat but it could get better.
I'm hoping.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
[Mad] My shop didn't put this issue in my bag for me and then it sold out before I could buy it off the shelf! [Mad]

You'd think that since I've got LSH and Adventure on my pull, they'd put this one in there too. But nooooo.

Now I just have to hope they get some more copies in in the next few weeks. Very annoyed!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I could mail you one, Blacula, but if you're in Australia maybe that could take weeks too?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Thanks for the offer Jim but you're right - mailing things to the most isolated capital city in the world (Perth) does tend to take a while. Don't worry - they'll hopefully get the issue in next week or the one after. If not - I may come begging. [Big Grin]
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
You'd be welcome to my copy. I wasn't too crazy about it.

I thought Canberra was the capital of Australia.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
I have liked very much the super-villains special.
Francis Portela's art is very good.
With Sarya dead (for now..) Saturn Queen has turned into my favorite villain.
I suppose that with so many people super villains, all the possible legionnaires were needed, to attack them.
Back to action.....Duplicate Girl, Night Girl, Bouncing Boy, Chamaleon Girl, XS, Black Witch, Blok, Matter Eater Lad, Mon-El, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad.
And probably new legionnarios of the academy.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Jim, Perth is the capital of its state (Western Australia), not of its nation.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

^ [Yes]
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
In agreement with this aids many former villains will join the team soon....

-

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmpress:
In agreement with this aids many former villains will join the team soon....

-

Hmmm ... most of the characters in that ad/pinup didn't appear in LSV # 1 ... I wonder how many will show up over the course of the storyline in LSH? (and will Adventure tie in to this story at all?)

I notice, at the lower-right of the pinup (to the right of Tyr) a figure that looks (at least to me) like Terrus. IIRC, Terrus only ever appeared in the LSV story that launched the LSH Baxter title back in the 1980s (the story in which the LSV took over Orando, and Karate Kid and Nemesis Kid died). IIRC, Terrus was never shown doing much of anything; we never found out if he even had any super-powers. Anybody know anything more about him?

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty sure that in his Who's Who entry, Terrus' power was described kinda like Terra's- able to move & manipulate rock and earth.
IIRC, he also appeared in Legion of 3 Worlds, where he was punched by Blok and turned into a swarm of insects.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually Terrus didn't have a Who's Who entry!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... now I'm wondering where I read about his powers??
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Possibly cmk's help file? As I recall Chaim made up a backstory for him to go in it.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The only thing I remember Terrus doing was making a small asteroid / bit of space debris explode near a Legionnaire (Dawnstar?), stunning them, but he did this by pushing a button, suggesting that he planted an explosive there, and wasn't using any sort of super-power.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.