Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LEGION OF SUPER-VILLAINS #1-Preview/Spoilers (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: LEGION OF SUPER-VILLAINS #1-Preview/Spoilers
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
When did a kiss from Superman cure SQ?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
I think a kiss from Superman cures all
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
In retrospect, Saturn Queen as devoted flunky of the blue flame thingie makes her seem less 'scary' and more 'pathetic.'

She might be 'leading' the team, but since she's clearly taking orders herself, in a wide-eyed worshipful way, she's less the Bond Villain, and more the Bond Villain's duped girlfriend.

Boring.

Not what I want to see in the leader of the LSV, a weak-willed simpering servant of someone else. Even when Sarya let Tharok call the shots, she was never a sycophant or a flunky.

I guess it's in-character with her Lo3W appearance, where she was such a squeeing Superboy-Prime fangirl that she was constantly staring at him like she was a groupie.

[ March 24, 2011, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
But I think the implication is that the Blue Phantom altered her in some way and made her subservient. Ironically, she's not a willing servant to it any more than the LSV are to her. I expect she'll be extremely POed come the end of this arc.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
But I think the implication is that the Blue Phantom altered her in some way and made her subservient. Ironically, she's not a willing servant to it any more than the LSV are to her. I expect she'll be extremely POed come the end of this arc.

From your lips (keyboard) to Pauls ears (eyes)!

That would be kind of hot, the LSH fighting the blue whateveritis, and it having to bend all of it's energies to fighting them, and Saturn Queen breaking free and saying, "WTH? Nobody makes *me* a puppet!" and directing the remaining LSV to *also* attack the blue dude...

Not because she's pro-Legion, but because she's anti-being-used-like-a-sock. [Smile]

Kinda reminiscent of that scene in Walt Simonson's Thor run, where Loki teams up with Odin and Thor against Surtr, not because he likes Odin or Thor, but because he's not gonna let *someone else* beat them and destroy Asgard. I loved that scene (and that Loki sure as heck didn't turn into a 'good guy' because of it!), and would love to see that sort of thing done well with the LSV here.

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
^Yeah, Far, that's about where I am with this too! I don't really want Saturn Queen to take the place of Levitz' badass (and CRAZYass) Sarya.

Still, it was a good read and nice setup for stuff to come, with some HOT art!

I like the artwork as well Lash. And I think you’ve put your finger on what’s been bugging me about this version of SQ, her characterisation is coming across as the same as Crazy Emerald Empress. I for one think they are and should be different.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
When did a kiss from Superman cure SQ?

Jim I could be making that up I’m posting without referring to the comics.

Just put it down to my old age. [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
If it didn't actually happen, it should have!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I am picturing Superman seated at a booth labeled "Super-Kissing Booth"... Lana and Lois stand to the side, snarking away at the lineup of beauties waiting for their Kryptonian kiss.

In that line-up are Saturn Queen, Saturn Woman, Lori Lemaris, lots of other LL-initial chicks, and Bizarro Supergirl!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

And me! Don't forget me! I'd stand in line all day to kiss the Christopher Reeve version of Superman. Or Kirk Allyn for that matter.

[ March 25, 2011, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: jimgallagher ]

--------------------

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

I see my thread-killing abilities are as potent as ever. Super-sigh.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Finally had a chance to pick this up late last week and give it a thorough read.

I really wish every comic could have this page count. Then there'd be time for both character insight and exploding eye-candy. Everyone could be happy.

And, no, I don't expect villains to be sympathetic, at least not all the time. Especially not in a comic that showcases villains and leaves the heroes as supporting cast.

I was unaware until some other comments in this thread that SQ's current personality and power-boost is supposed to come entirely from the blue flame. I must have missed something in previous issues that made that clear. Time to re-read, I guess.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
P.S.- I have now killed more threads than jimgallagher.

Go me. [tease]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

I super-kiss life back into this thread!

So, Immortus. Is he General Immortus?

Darkseid being pulled from the 20th century made for an amazing big bad revival.

R'as al-Ghul was a terrible disappointment, by comparison.

If Immortus is the 1000 year later incarnation of General Immortus (who has been established to have been 3000 ish years old or more in the 20th century, so it's not terribly unlikely that he's managed to make it one more millenium), I think I prefer him not being fluffed up quite as much as al-Ghul (unsuccessfully, IMO) was. So it's probably better for him to be a rank and file member of the LSV, and not some shadowy mastermind (who wouldn't necessarily live up to his hype).

It's as if he's devoted so much of his energies and ambition to simply *surviving* that he's no longer really as world-shaking a threat as a less self-preservation-minded super-villain might be.

I'm alternately intrigued by a possible 20th century tie, and relieved that, if so, it's not a dominant one that detracts from the already rich and well-populated 31st century setting.

The Legion certainly doesn't *need* 20th century elements, but I'm not adverse to subtle ones, that might make sense (as General Immortus, already having possibly lasted 3000 years, without being terribly signficant, banging around 1000 years later, and still not being exactly a Tier-1 threat, does).

[ May 20, 2011, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
For some reason, my mind went to General Immortus as soon as the new Immortus was introduced. It seemed a strange name for a killer robot unless there was a deeper reason behind it.

Count me in as a huge NON-FAN of that development if it comes to pass though. I hate all 21st century elements in my Legion stories (except Superboy, Supergirl and the Brainiac line).

I'm one of those who think that the GDS is hugely over-rated though so take my opinion for what it's worth.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.