Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LEGION OF SUPER-VILLAINS #1-Preview/Spoilers (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: LEGION OF SUPER-VILLAINS #1-Preview/Spoilers
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula: I'm one of those who think that the GDS is hugely over-rated though so take my opinion for what it's worth.
I like it for what it was (although the ending was limp), but don't care for the precedent it set, where later storylines tried to recapture that lightning, and failed horribly.

Same with Crisis on Infinite Earths, really. I loved it at the time, but wow golly, did it totally screw things up for decades, and set off a cavalcade of suck that *still* hasn't ended...

That's a comics thing tho. The Death of Phoenix was hot patooties, and so it's been repeated ad nauseum for decades. The Judas Contract was tres chic, and now it's almost a requirement for someone to be a traitor, and it's even announced before the comic starts (as with Avengers Academy) that someone's gonna be 'the Terra.'

'Oh, this worked once! Let's plough it into the ground and kill it with repetition!'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
I super-kiss life back into this thread!

So, Immortus. Is he General Immortus?

Hey, I said that back on page 2!

[Mad] [No] [Big Grin]

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

...Count me in as a huge NON-FAN of that development if it comes to pass though. I hate all 21st century elements in my Legion stories (except Superboy, Supergirl and the Brainiac line).

So much word to this. I'm really tired of how this hog-ties the writers. Can we please just let the characters and environment stand on their own? Pretty please?

quote:
I'm one of those who think that the GDS is hugely over-rated though so take my opinion for what it's worth.

"The Universo Project" was more to my liking. A tight focus on the less punch-and-hit characters, and a more compelling villain than Darkseid. So I didn't care that it had fewer artsy bells and whistles than GDS. It's been so long since I've read any of this stuff, though. I don't know how it's held up...

[ May 20, 2011, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:

...'Oh, this worked once! Let's plough it into the ground and kill it with repetition!'

Yup.

I can never forgive myself for buying Original Crisis. It only encouraged them.

[No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
quote:
So, Immortus. Is he General Immortus?

Hey, I said that back on page 2!
Option 1; That was ages ago! We here at Short Attention Span Theatre have already moved on, Precognition Lad!

Option 2; You were just ahead of your time. You have to wait for the right moment to spring these notions!

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Immortus could be a compelling villain for the Legion. If he finally found his immortality, I wonder what his goals are now. Power over others is obvious, but he could go about it in a number of ways and there are so many things he could exploit to his benefit.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
[QB] I think Immortus could be a compelling villain for the Legion. If he finally found his immortality, I wonder what his goals are now.

With the original 'General' appellation, it would make sense that conquering at least a world, if not a chunk of the surrounding systems, would be a goal.

Given their love of cyborging their warriors up, and their warlike proclivities, this guy seems well-suited to taking over Khund space, and, if he's got any tactical acumen (as 'General' would suggest), perhaps forging them into a far more effective threat than ever before...

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.