Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Return of the Levitz/Giffen team for LSH in 2013 (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Return of the Levitz/Giffen team for LSH in 2013
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm certainly not looking forward to killing to show the consequences of fighting in the 31st century.
Like, we don't have killing everywhere around us in the 21st.

A thousand years from now, and to understand consequences, we have to have dead and wounded warriors.
[Razz]
I think Giffen and Levitz are the ones who need to understand about consequences.
We'll see.

And I hope it's not Cos.
His family has already lost Pol.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmperor:
My guess is Cosmic Boy is going to die after showing how heroic he is without his powers.

CB lost his powers? Hmm, did I go pick up my issues last month? Drat, I think I'd better get over there. Lost track of time.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmperor:
My guess is Cosmic Boy is going to die after showing how heroic he is without his powers.

CB lost his powers? Hmm, did I go pick up my issues last month? Drat, I think I'd better get over there. Lost track of time.
His magnetism is recovering apparently.
From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the key phrase from what Giffen's saying is that "We'll make it harder to do things in the 30th Century." Considering that they talked about a massive galactic-wide blackout when this was announced, I'm thinking that part of it is that technology is going to be regressed or at least heavily complicated. Think like the endings of Mass Effect 3.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
or maybe the Mayans were 1000 years off?
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldGladiators
Life Long Lightning Lad Fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldGladiators   Email EmeraldGladiators         Edit/Delete Post     
For me I hope they kill off a lot of the newbies and focus on the 'classic' Legionnaires. Not that I hate the newbies but they are getting too much face time at the expense of characters we know and loved for years.
Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The things that bugs me about the newbies are their irreverent attitudes and their outfits. But Chemical Kid's minor character growth in the latish issue dod molidfy me somewhat.

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
The newbs are boring and have no fashion sense. I think Chemical Kid could be saved with a make over. The rest can die at the hands of the Fatal Five.
Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope Levitz is able to reign in Giffen's tendency to go over the top with some things. Remember, it was Giffen's idea to blow up the Earth, an ill-advised move that led to the entire franchise being rebooted. In fact, some of what I'm hearing from him now reminds me of the massive changes that came with the 5YL series. Although that series, in retrospect, was very well done, it did take the Legion past the point of no return in many ways.

As far as killing off major characters I want a free pass to substitute Harmonia Li for any one character that he decides to do away with. I can't imagine myself being a fan of any Legion that lost, say, Cham or Tinya and kept Harmonia instead. The fact is that Harmonia callously allowed Titan to be destroyed, even though it was clearly shown that she knew what was likely to happen and could have acted to prevent it. As far as I'm concerned, that makes her culpable in the deaths of millions (billions?) of sentients and definitely not Legion material.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Kay:
I think the key phrase from what Giffen's saying is that "We'll make it harder to do things in the 30th Century." Considering that they talked about a massive galactic-wide blackout when this was announced, I'm thinking that part of it is that technology is going to be regressed or at least heavily complicated. Think like the endings of Mass Effect 3.

I don't know what the endings of Mass Effect 3 are, but I don't think the writers can make things too difficult and retain the essense of the Legion.

Multiple planets and cultures with quick space travel linking them are absolute requirements for this book.

And they really only have three or four options - science, religion, magic or multiple billions of Shikaris/Gates/Rond Vidars(Green Lanterns.)

I like the kids, Glorith and Dragonwing. They have vast potential, imo, and kids tend to be emotional and extreme in their attitudes, so they don't bother me.
CK is not a favorite of mine, though, I'm afraid.

Harmonia is a waste of space.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The attitude of the kids doesn't bother me so much as they are, you know, kids, and it strikes me as fairly standard, if cliched, newbie characterization. I'm much more bothered characterization-wise by turning Brek into someone irresponsible enough that he passes out drunk in the street or the continued Vril-ification of Brainy.

I really think the title needs some of the boldness of the 5YL era or DnA's run, both of which had things I really didn't like, but at least they weren't boring, which is what the title has hovered around being the past few years. And, anyway, stuff I don't like can always be fixed in the inevitable next reboot. [Wink]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

My Major objection to the Vrillification of Brainy isn't the change in Brainy so much as the absconding with the personality of the of the best characters I've ever read. Vril is a character that Brainy should be afraid of, should they ever meet.

and speaking of all time best

quote:
Originally posted by the Hermit:
I hope Levitz is able to reign in Giffen's tendency to go over the top with some things. Remember, it was Giffen's idea to blow up the Earth,

one of the best single issues, ever.

But in hind sight, I'm not sure it being "Earth" was what made it. I think that whole story line probably would have worked as Legion trying fruitlessly to save some other system, probably a Legion home world.

the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree that it was an outstanding issue.

Unfortunately it was also a major bridge burner.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually thought that bringing in the Pocket Universe Earth as a replacement was actually a pretty sweet idea. I would've been pretty happy with that, if Zero Hour hadn't happened.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I actually thought that bringing in the Pocket Universe Earth as a replacement was actually a pretty sweet idea. I would've been pretty happy with that, if Zero Hour hadn't happened.

Me, too.

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.