Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Looks That Kill Lad (1972-2004) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Looks That Kill Lad (1972-2004)
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
More hugs for LTKL winging their way from sunny Croydon.... [hug] from Sonnie xx

[ January 07, 2004, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Sonnie Bloke ]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Best wishes Paul. Hope you feel better soon. Look forward to having you back on your feet and posting! [hug]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bubble Wrap Boy
Perpetually Horny Crimefighter

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubble Wrap Boy   Email Bubble Wrap Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
LTK you're in my thoughts. If I recall it was you that had that awesome Winnie the Pooh line which always made me smile.

Get better real soon!

[ January 06, 2004, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Bubble Wrap Boy ]

From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Get well soon, Paul.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The LGLFF-- Legion of Gay LSH Fans & Friends-- DOES still exist.

Paul began this group a few years ago once it became very apparent on the old DC board that there were so many gay Legion fans.

A while back, I unsubscribed from all my Yahoo groups in an attempt to decrease my time online.

I regret that now.

Scott, I think this thread deserves to be headlined for now. Thanks.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Everyone say a prayer for Paul and his family. The world seems very strange sometimes, Paul is a great guy and will be in my thoughts.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This is very sad. Even when you never meet a person in, well, person, you become used to their presence on message boards. My heart goes out to Paul's family and friends.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know what to say. Paul and his family and loved ones will have my prayers.

I think I need to log off for the night. I just can't think about having fun here right now.

Everyone take care.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
This is so very sad, and we feel so helpless and at a loss to even know what to say. It makes you wonder, if I knew I was going to be taken ill, would I live my life any different? Would I treat people better? Would I read all those books I've piled up meaning to get to them later? Would I go across the street and meet that neighbor I ignored for years? Would I call the people I didn't necessarily like as well as those I did? Sad and terrible situations make me think, what if this was me?

Look at all the times that people have interacted with Paul and had back and forth discussions and laughs. Would you have changed anything or treated him differently if you knew this was coming? Probably he wouldn't have wanted you too. He probably would not have wanted to burden anybody with the sad news, or to be treated with kid gloves.

This is a wake up call for all of us. Life is short and each life is precious. We are blessed to have met each other here in this special corner of cyberspace. It hurts a lot to know this young life is hanging in the balance and that they say there is no hope. Let each of us hold a vigil in our hearts and if you pray, pray for Paul and for his family and those he loved best. Our 'family' is being deeply shaken and we will never be the same. Let us be better, and let love be our watchword.

From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, SG, that's so true. I wish Paul and his family all the best in this difficult time.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Shit.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
You know, Paul really, REALLY loved the Transformers. Probably as much as I do.

I was looking forward to sitting down, hanging out sometime (maybe if I ever made it to the UK) and talking about this shared childhood joy. It may seem a silly thing to be upset about, but I am. There's someone who shares a large part of what makes me me who isn't going to be around anymore. I guess this is the expanded version of my previous post.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't really known him, all I remember is he wrote he walked from Kings Cross to Croydon one night, and I found it very funny.

The thought that someone so young could be so ill is truly heartbreaking.

I Wish his family and close friends all the love and support imaginable to help them through this time.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Life is too fragile and far too short. It is heartbreaking to hear the "no recovery possible" - Paul certainly seems to be someone who has enriched the life of many others. Hold him in the light.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think I've ever interacted with him yet here on these boards, but I feel awful too... He'll be in my prayers.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.