Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Looks That Kill Lad (1972-2004) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Looks That Kill Lad (1972-2004)
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
So sad...
From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Shit.

Andrew I know from things you have said that there was a strong possibility that this would happen but it still hurts.

Paul’s posts and his well written contributions to the APA always made me smile and very often made me stop and think. I was very lucky to meet him and wished I could put into writing some words that would offer comfort for you, his partner and for his family. But for once words fails me.

Thank you for taking the time to keep Paul’s internet friends informed, even though I’ll bet there were times you wished you could just walk away from it all.

My thoughts will be with you and Paul’s family over the weekend, if there is anything I can do you know my email address, just ask.

Darden

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Echoing Darden's words, even with the situation Paul was in I was hoping that he'd pull through. Paul was one of the few LMBPers I've actually met in person and also one of the few people that I met over the Net that I'd truly consider a friend. There really isn't anything I can say to express how good a person he was and how much he'll be missed. My thoughts are with you and all his loved ones, and with him as well.

Bevis

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
hi Andrew !!

i'm so sorry for your loss !! this is horrible news, i think we all thought PAUL would, pull through [Frown] !!

i had the pleasure of interacting the most with PAUL on the "LMBP" group, he always posted great topics !! he also posted often on the Olivier Coipel group !!

he'll be missed by us all here !!

as the others have said, if you need anything, just ask ....

[hug] !!!

Matthew.

[ January 16, 2004, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: the boy with UltraPowers ]

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm very sorry.

I'm gonna miss his Decepticon symbol.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Andrew, I'm very sorry for you, his partner and his family. Paul was a great guy and will be sorely missed. Thank you so much for keeping us in mind.

I'm at a loss for words, so I can only say that Paul was always one of the nicest people to talk to online and will be very deeply missed.

Des

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
[Frown]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't know Paul very well, but I echo the sentiments here.

Sad day for Legion fans. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

[ January 16, 2004, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Omni Craig ]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I knew we were hoping against hope, but this is still a ton of bricks.

Andrew, please accept my condolences, and pass them along to Paul's family and friends. This is a loss for all of us, but especially for those of you who knew him day in and out. I wish I had the words to better express what a crying shame it is to lose someone so young, so good. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Andrew,

Please accept my condolences. The truth is that I didn't know Paul, I never interacted with him, but from what you and others have said, he was obviously a great human being. If we here can do anything to help you, please let us know.

Juan

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
May he truly find peace in whatever afterlife there may be.

My sympathies to the many people who knew and loved him, in the real world and through the Internet.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
I think of how long Paul's battle was, and that his partner, family and close friends must be exhausted as well as grief-stricken. It's so terrible and sad that a life is lost, but one so young it's even harder to understand.

Our hearts, thoughts and prayers will be with Paul's family and partner as they make the final arrangements and try to carry on. May they draw on each other's strength and love to help them get through this time of pain and anguish.

In sympathy, and with a wish for blessings for comfort.

Caroline and Scott Sharritt

From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
My thoughts and sympathies to those who knew and loved Paul.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freekdkid
Space Oddity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freekdkid   Email freekdkid         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. So many people get sick and get better, he was one of the ones I was hoping would make a full recovery. Another painful reminder not to take life & loved ones for granted. My condolences.

Tony

--------------------
Do what you do when your doin' it like your doin' it for tv!

From: Charlotte | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ger
an old newbie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ger   Email Ger         Edit/Delete Post     
I had not yet had the chance to get to know Paul. If he was part of this group then he was special indeed and I am very sorry for your loss.
From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.