Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Looks That Kill Lad (1972-2004) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Looks That Kill Lad (1972-2004)
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, I'm Andrew Williams - the guy who originally posted the message about Paul being ill on the LMBP, just because he asked me to let people know not to expect him back too soon. To be honest, I didn't think this much detailed information about his illness would be around the internet so quickly, and to be honest I think it's inappropriate. I would have preferred for only his friends to know how serious his condition is. He's not dead yet and it's not appropriate for everyone to be acting like he is.

However, it's true that his condition isn't getting any better.

Thanks for all your good wishes though. I'll pass them on to his family.

I'll let you know when his condition changes.

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
CK this must be a terrible time for you, unfortunately I can relate after watching a very close friend have a very saddening death from cancer two years ago. To this day I still find myself thinking "I must tell Amanda....." and I've only recently wiped her number off my mobile's memory.

Although you haven't lost your friend yet it is clear from your posts that you are afraid you are away to. I sincerely wish I could say something here that could ease that for you.

[Sorry Belinda. I edited your note for continuity purposes. I hope you understand.]

[ January 10, 2004, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Cheers, Harbinger,

I was lucky enough to know him for years in "real life" and when I saw the posts of support and good wishes on here they meant a very great deal.

Paul still is one of the best, loveliest and most super special people I've ever, ever known. And I know that everyone who was lucky enough to be friends with him, online or otherwise, thinks the same.

[Sorry Andrew. I hope you understand as well.]

[ January 10, 2004, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
And he's been lucky to have a decent friend like you.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Cheers, that's very nice.

But lets keep the good wishes coming.

I'll let you all know when things change.

--------------------

Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
Texas-sized *HUGZ* going out to Paul and his family and friends.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hugs from me, too. I don't know Paul that well, but Legion World creates a special kind of bond anyway. I'll keep praying for the best. [hug]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
[hug] from Scotland too.

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Paul is still in my thoughts. [hug]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Psychout
Your mind is my playground

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Psychout   Email Kid Psychout         Edit/Delete Post     
Condolences to his family, and all here also.

Didn't interact with Looks much, but there was always some great thread he'd fostered whenever i got here.

He is going to leave a big gap in the LMBP.

From: Melbourne, Auz. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

As you all know Paul (who posted on here as Looks That Kill Lad) has been seriously ill for a while. Sadly, after being in a stable condition for 9 days, he deteriorated rapidly and died last night.

Paul fought his illness with immense courage and dignity and we should all be extremely proud of him for that. Even after he was given a bleak prognosis he remained extremely brave and was a support to those around him as much as everyone tried to be for him.

I’m sure everyone here who got to know him whether in real life or online will understand what a very special, funny, thoughtful and genuinely lovely person Paul was.

He’ll be very greatly missed.

-Andrew

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Andrew

I didn't interacted with Paul as much as some on this board but when I did he came across as a very funny and intelligent guy....

You have my deepest sympathies for your loss, and if in any way there's anything I can do to help at this time just ask...

Keith

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bubble Wrap Boy
Perpetually Horny Crimefighter

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubble Wrap Boy   Email Bubble Wrap Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Damn... Andrew I'm so sorry, it sounds like you guys had an awesome friendship. That'll be he everlasting gift to you that you'll be able to cherish for he rest of your life.

[Frown]

From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm so very sorry, Andrew.

Paul was a wonderful person. I was convinced that he'd pull through. This seems unreal.

I'm going to miss reading his e-mails and posts. Please tell his family what an important impact he had on all of us.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I truly am at a loss for words. Expecting the worst has done little to prepare me for this tragic loss. I will miss his presence, both on the boards and behind the scenes.

Paul was an amazing person, and I cherish every moment that we had.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.