Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Looks That Kill Lad (1972-2004) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Looks That Kill Lad (1972-2004)
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
My heart and prayers go out to all of Paul's friends and family.

*hugz* to ya buddy.
You're the greatest.

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think I ever got the chance to interact here at all with Paul, but he certainly sounds like someone I would have been the better for knowing.

My sincere condolances to family & friends.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope you will indulge me in what has turned out to be a longer post than I originally planned... Paul was one of my closest internet friends, and I’ll miss him. I already miss him terribly. And maybe if I can share a little about how much Paul meant to me, and why, some of the posters here who didn’t know him can understand a bit more why Paul was such a wonderful person...

I feel so lucky that I was able to meet Paul in person. I had the chance to get together with him twice when I was visiting the UK a few years ago. It probably should have been three times, but something terrific came out of that first missed meeting, so I won’t complain. [Smile] The day that Paul was first supposed to meet Terence, Brian (BBC/Seahorse), and me at Bar Acuda in London, he somehow got turned around. Instead of finding us, he bumped into Manuel. Ever since then, whenever Paul mentioned Manuel, I always thought back to that day in early September 2001, and how lucky for all of us that Paul got diverted on the way to the Bar...

The first time I actually met Paul in person was a couple of days later, on a street corner in the West End. We both showed up at the meeting place on time, and kind of looked back and forth at each other for a minute or two before saying “hi.” I’d seen a photo of him before, and he had a description of me, so I think we both knew who each other was... but we were both a bit shy. [Smile] After we introduced ourselves, we immediately felt at ease, and decided to go somewhere to sit and talk – the Burger King in Leicester Square. [Smile] I remember having mini-doughnuts, something we don’t have at Burger King in the States. We talked about everything and nothing, and by the time we parted ways outside a little later, my only regret was that we lived on opposite sides of the Atlantic, so that we couldn’t meet up more often.

I had the opportunity to get together with Paul one more time before I left London. We met Terence at an Italian restaurant and had a nice lunch and conversation, despite the pouring rain outside. I wish we’d been able to spend more time together, but Paul had to return to work. The last time I saw him, he was walking off into the rain, adjusting his headphones and pulling his black trenchcoat about him tightly against the chilly September weather.

Since then, I’ve always felt close to Paul. Maybe it was the fact that we were born just a few weeks apart, in the same month and year. (For that reason, I thought of him as a sort of internet brother – we even got the same score on the Dr. Phil test that Bevis e-mailed around a few months back. Paul’s response: “we're twins! I got 44 a well.” and “separated at birth obviously!” [Smile] )

Maybe it was because Paul and I had so many interests in common – Pokemon, Transformers, videogames, and, of course, the Legion (we both liked Adam Hughes’s Dream Girl, and I busted out laughing so hard when Paul said of that pic, “I swear I nearly turned!”). We would often e-mail back and forth for days and days, just talking about Gameboy Advance or Xbox or Pikachu or Squirtle. [Smile]

But really I think it was because of how sweet, and funny, and just generally all-around wonderful he was. Paul was modest – he wasn’t the kind of person to make a big fuss about himself. But I hope he knew how important he was, and still is, to so many people near and far.

Andrew, please let Paul’s mum and family, and Manuel, know how much he meant to all of us, even those of us thousands of miles away. He’ll be missed, but never forgotten.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I never really knew him, but I so wish I did. From those posts of his I read, I could tell he was very special. I'm really sorry too.

More hugs from me.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm too new to have known him here but from the way his family talks about him hear, I can tell he was a great guy and will be missed.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
*sigh* Probably my first internet crush.

When it was realized just how many gay Legion fans there were over on the old DC board, Paul didn't hesitate to start up the LGLFF group (Legion of Gay LSH Fans & Friends).

Stu, you're very lucky. I wish I could have met Paul in person.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
My condolences to Paul's family, partner, and friends.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:

But really I think it was because of how sweet, and funny, and just generally all-around wonderful he was. Paul was modest – he wasn’t the kind of person to make a big fuss about himself. But I hope he knew how important he was, and still is, to so many people near and far.

I know exactly what you mean and I was initially worried about that. Paul wasn't the sort of person who'd push himself to the front in a crowd and it would have been easy to miss how funny he could be.

Luckily, the posts here and reactions from some people who I know who only met him a few times have shown me I was wrong.

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Yellow Kid
Lost Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Yellow Kid   Email the Yellow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you Andrew.
I'm very sorry to hear this, Looks That Kill Lad was a fine Legionnaire and an example of outstanding service to many of us. I know LTKL never wavered in his loyalty to his friends nor his love for the Legion. I'm greatly saddened to see a need for new monuments added to the Hall of Dead Heroes and to Shanghalla and I hate it that they're for Paul.

He will be sorely missed among us.

The Yellow Kid and the Primary Color Gang

From: Pre-Crisis | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
Paul was the first legion fan I ever chatted with online and possibly the first person of any kind that I chatted with online. I was nervous as a newbie, he made it easy.

My condolences to all that knew him.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I totally missed this thread until today. I remember seeing his posts pop up now and then, but it sounds like I missed out on something far greater. My condolences to all who miss him.

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm very sorry to hear this upon loging back on to LW after a weeklong trip. Andrew, my condolences to you, Manuel, & his family. You'll all be in my prayers.

V

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Is this the one you're talking about, Jim? This is from his personnel profile at the LMBP Outpost, and it's currently on the LMBP Y-group homepage.

http://www.geocities.com/lmbp_outpost/PERSONNEL/looksthatkill.jpg

I find it funny that someone who called himself "Looks That Kill" had such killer eyes... [Smile]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm so sorry to here this. My sympathies to all his friends and family.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturnrings
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saturnrings   Email saturnrings         Edit/Delete Post     
"I didn't know Paul very well, but I echo the sentiments here.

Sad day for Legion fans. My heart goes out to his family and friends."

Same here. My Condolences.

From: durham, nc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.