Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » the "Get Your Thread Highlighted For a Day" contest! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: the "Get Your Thread Highlighted For a Day" contest!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
As an advisor in this forum, I have the uncanny power to highlight any thread in the MMB I so choose!

Do you have a thread you want to see highlighted at the top of the page?

Post the most amusing anecdote and I shall highlight the thread of your choice for a full day, even one of the sucky threads!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
This thread!

Other than that I'm all out of amusing anecdotes. Sorry. I'll work on it.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Pooh, Gary! I'm sure you have some amusing work anecdotes to share!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know how amusing this is, but I went out dancing one night with a bunch of friends. I got out on the dance floor with a girl friend of mine, and while spinning around I accidently slapped some guy on the ass. Now, I said sorry and then blew it off, figuring I would never see him again. And I didn't... not until he started working in my company the following week. I don't know if he remembered me, but he kept looking at me funny for a week or two [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Hmm. You are in the running, Cru. Any thread in particular you have your eye on?

--------------------

Threesome Girl
3-Delusional

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Threesome Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
[Triad] Life is drama. Death is an illness. Mix them together and you get the classic themes of General Hospital, ER, and other medical related teledramas. Medicus Two is the MMB's ER - or at least it could be.

Medicus Two is a brand-new thread (mostly because my pal Dr. Gimlet deleted the first one [Wink] ) and deserves the attention.

With the changing of the seasons, many LMBers are falling ill - Scooter, Lou, Far, Teeds, just to name the ones I'm aware of. What a perfect place for our virtual friends to check-in and update us on their recovery.

Plus any LMBer who works in the medical field or is an at-home caregiver (like moms & nannies) could share their anecdotes in this thread.

Plus the "characters" and alts of LW could treat this thread as a colorful soap opera, ripe with illicit innuendo and secret shenanigans. No Overthrowing of the Security Office though. That's what the rest of the threads are for [Wink]

Plus, it might get that cutie patootie Dr. Gimlet to post more instead of his usual lurking! *tee hee* [Triad]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Carggg | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threesome Girl
3-Delusional

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Threesome Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
[Triad] Darn my post wasn't very amusing.

Feh! Medicus Two can stand on its own merits. My brain is unamusing at this time. [Triad]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Carggg | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I remember when Gary highlighted "The Statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid" thread for me a year ago! [Big Grin] Thanks again, Gary!

Hm...interesting anecdote? I don't know if I can top Cru's...

Well, hilarious things happen to me at least once or twice a week (usually at the bar), so I'll share if I can think of one off hand.

(And I'm loving the shameless use of advisor powers here!)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Hmm. You are in the running, Cru. Any thread in particular you have your eye on?

The one that springs to mind is Cafe Cramer. FC is such a dear, and if I can offer some free publicity for her establishment, then I'll be happy [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

What good is having uncanny power if I can't use it to amuse myself?

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

CAFE CRAMER it is!

The rest of you-- make with the yuks-yuks! Tomorrow's another day and stuff.

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
What good is having uncanny power if I can't use it to amuse myself?

Well, your use of the Super Lash Tot powers was hysterical [Wink]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hah! Feh to the rest of you!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
It is an excellent choice.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Hah! Feh to the rest of you!

Your usage of the word "feh" amuses me!

--------------------

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.