Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
here's me and Olivier !!!

-

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
this is probably the most [Cool] Olivier Coipel piece of artwork, that i have !!! [ and it's not even the real thing, i only have an emailed image of it .... ]

but on, one of his final pages in "THE LEGION" #14 [ his last issue ] he told me he was gonna feature MY name somewhere !!!

he put it going round the logo on CUB's top !!! it didn't actually appear in the printed comic [Frown] !!!

but it was still amazing ....

Click for fullsize image

Matthew.

[ January 21, 2004, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
John W-C has some pretty cool work and he does amazing stuff with markers. I remember seeing him stuff at conventions a few years ago and wanting (but not being able to afford) his sketches:
http://www.watkinschow.com/home.html

Cool! I didn't know he had a new web site. He used to be a staple at Motor City Con, but he wasn't there the last few times I've been and my like to his old web site went bad, so I thought he had disappeared from the field. Poking around the web site, I see he's charging a lot more for commissions than he used to, but he does do some really neat work.

Thanks for the update, Mel!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
i met Olivier in Paris [ summer 2002 ] he's a great guy !!! really friendly !!!

he gave me one of his original pages from "LEGIONNAIRES" #80 [ page 14 ] featuring ULTRABOY !!! it's very [Cool] !!!

and we've been in contact ever since .... he sends me preview pics as you've already seen, in the COMIC area !!!

Matthew.

Zut alor! That's awesome Matthew! I wouldn't mind going back to Paris, though Does Olivier speak any English (I've taking a few years of French but its been years now!)?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
i met Olivier in Paris [ summer 2002 ] he's a great guy !!! really friendly !!!

he gave me one of his original pages from "LEGIONNAIRES" #80 [ page 14 ] featuring ULTRABOY !!! it's very [Cool] !!!

and we've been in contact ever since .... he sends me preview pics as you've already seen, in the COMIC area !!!

Matthew.

Zut alor! That's awesome Matthew! I wouldn't mind going back to Paris, though Does Olivier speak any English (I've taking a few years of French but its been years now!)?
yeah !!! Olivier speaks english really well !!! he lived in LA [ for about 4 years ] a couple of years ago, he was an ANIMATOR at "Dreamworks" !!!

so he's pretty good with the old english .....

Matthew.

the Yellow Kid
Lost Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Yellow Kid   Email the Yellow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
they're all in frames now, so I don't think I'll be scanning the others. Sorry.

Well how about a digi-photo then? At least then us greedy graphiphiles will get a chance to see them even if it can't be high resolution.
- just a thought -

From: Pre-Crisis | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, yes, digital cameras. What a great invention. And we have one. Here you go!

Cos by Jeff Moy:
 -

Triad by Phil Moy (on Hyatt note pad paper):
 -

Apparition by Rich Gulick (who was also a real cutie):
 -

[ January 21, 2004, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Yellow Kid
Lost Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Yellow Kid   Email the Yellow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey thanks, Seymore. Those are great!
I didn't really love Moy's work on the book but his portraiture is marvelous.

From: Pre-Crisis | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Yeah, he did a sketch for me at Mid-Ohio con of some characters I created, and it turned out great. He likes to draw the women, but he doesn't disappoint on the guys.

--------------------
Geek Watch

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Those are all very nice!

Rich Gulick's Apparition looks very Adams Hughes-esque to me (which is a good thing!)...

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ohh, convention sketches! I finally get to have ones of my very own done! Gotta remember to buy a sketch pad before July.

Anyone else got tips about what to bring to a convention? This'll be my very first one.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Water and food. Every single convention has some kind of food/drink outlet or stall or something only there's always massive queues and everything costs a fortune, so water and just some snack food are always a good idea.

As for anything else... nah, nothing really.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Bringing the right bag to a convention is essential - figure out how much you think you'll buy and bring something that'll be comfortable and easy to manuver in the often tight convention aisles. Don't kill yourself lugging things around (I almost did last year in San Diego). Cons sometimes have a bag check that can be handy if you end up buying a lot or buying bulky stuff. Bring a camera if you can, there's often neat things to take pictures of - creators, costumed con attendees, promo items, friends, etc. Bring cash - ATMs will often charge fees and vendors will not often take credit cards. Bring books by creators that you want signed. If you want to commission sketches for pay, bring good shots of the characters you want sketched. Get a good night's sleep the day before. Oh and wear comfortable shoes.

Re: sketches, If there's artists you definitely want sketches for, line up as early as possible. For two years in a row I've missed getting sketches from Humberto Ramos because I was too far in the line. Bringing pictures of the characters you want sketched is usually a good idea too. Hmm, what else...oh artists are usually much more receptive to a fan if you actually show that your a real fan of their work, not just somebody there to get a free sketch. Let them know that you like their work and why.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[bump]

This was the thirty-fifth topic on the former Trophy Room forum.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Any one going to Wizard World LA? I just booked a hotel room and look forward to convention sketch hunting in just under one month's time [Smile] !
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.