Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Saturday, there was a festival in Paris and Olivier Coipel was there. On this occasion, i had a second sketch from him! It represents Violet and i like it as the previous Live Wire i've had the other time.
I'll try to post it tommorrow if i can found some time, otherwise it will be on monday. [Smile]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
So here it is:

Violet Sketch

[ September 17, 2004, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Salut QD! Let me try to exercise my rusty french:
C'est un eh...peinture tres joli? J'oublie les mots pour "sketch" ou "drawing". A t-il dessine beaucoup de X-Men et Legion?

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Also if anyones a member of Adam Hughes' fan group, someone posted a Dawnstar that Adam drew at Baltimore comic-con. Go check it out...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

quote:
Originally posted by Soy-Monkey Eater Lad:
Salut QD! Let me try to exercise my rusty french:
C'est un eh...peinture tres joli? J'oublie les mots pour "sketch" ou "drawing". A t-il dessine beaucoup de X-Men et Legion?

Eh! You speak very well! [Wink]

And yes, he draw a lot of X-Men or Avengers and some legion. This time, i wasn't the only one to ask for a legion sketch! [Razz] There was a few Live Wire too. (2 or 3 if i can remember correctly).

The other sketches will be posted on the net and as soon as it is done, i will give you the link.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Soy-Monkey Eater Lad:
Also if anyones a member of Adam Hughes' fan group, someone posted a Dawnstar that Adam drew at Baltimore comic-con. Go check it out...

There's a copy of it in the Bits forum in Greybird's Winged People thread. I also posted a version of it which I colored (plug!).

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with SuperPowers:
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
I would love to meet and get a sketch from Olivier Coipel

i met Olivier in Paris [ summer 2002 ] he's a great guy !!! really friendly !!!

he gave me one of his original pages from "LEGIONNAIRES" #80 [ page 14 ] featuring ULTRABOY !!! it's very [Cool] !!!

and we've been in contact ever since .... he sends me preview pics as you've already seen, in the COMIC area !!!

Matthew.

That's hot, man. Wow. Definitely sounds like a cool thing you fell into with him. Coipel's a great artist.
From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Who got some con sketches at WW Texas!?! C'mon, I wanna see pictures!
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry was such a trooper in regard to sketches... the guy was sitting there for like hours on end, all day every day, sketching.

He was very popular, too, and understandably so... the line for sketches was literally hours long.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
STU speaks the truth.

I was the Last In Line (meaning I held the Official DC sign saying just that) on Saturday. There were maybe 30-40 minutes left before the con shut down for the day, and I did not think Barry would be able to get to me. There were other folks behind me, too, hoping to get a sketch or some signatures.

Anyway, Barry told me to put the sign away. He was intent on getting to as many people as he could. The whole team was incredibly generous with their time.

And my Starman sketch looks great. (What, you thought I would get a Legionnaire?)

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

ooooo can i see it? you have a bunch of jsa sketches now don't know? i always wanted to do a theme based sketch book but can never keep it focused.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I especially like the Green Lantern (Alan Scott) & Flash (Jay Garrick) in Miner's sketch book

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I got a quick sketch from David Mack I still need to scan and upload. Maybe tonight. [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Querl Dox:
So here it is:

Violet Sketch

Wow -- such a cute Violet! Love it! [Love]

Thanks for sharing, QD. [Smile]

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
I especially like the Green Lantern (Alan Scott) & Flash (Jay Garrick) in Miner's sketch book

The Alan Scott is by Pete Woods of Robin/Detective Comics fame. He and his wife are two of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of talking to at a con.

The Jay Garrick is by Chris Giarrusso, who some may know as the guy who did the "Mini-Marvels" books.

The other sketches are by Steve Sadowski, Matt Wagner, Mick Gray, Tom Mandrake, and of course Barry Kitson.

MEL, I'm afraid I just don't have the tech to post any of my stuff here, or I certainly would.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.