Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Mind if I ask a couple of con-related questions as they pertain to the possibility of me getting some sketches.

1. How much does Amanda Conner charge for more in-depth sketches?

2. Is Georges Jeanty's first name pronounced "Whore-hey"?

3. What exactly is the Hero Initiative booth, and do you have to pay for any sketches you get from the artists there, or does it depend on the artist?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:

3. What exactly is the Hero Initiative booth, and do you have to pay for any sketches you get from the artists there, or does it depend on the artist?

www.heroinitiative.org/

It can vary. A donation is often involved. Artists as popular as George Perez hold lotteries to see who will get a sketch, with the winners paying for one afterwards.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah, I heard Perez does that. Thanx.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

So... anyone get anything at Baltimore, or Wizard World Chicago?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, but I think my Photobucket account died due to neglect.

But I can share something. These aren't mine, but I met this gentleman at the Baltimore show and he had these pieces with him and had others in progress. He said it was cool to link to them from here. So I am. Apologies if I'm not the first.

It's a very interesting project.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=98517

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I check comicartfans site all the time for Legion pictures, that is one of my favorite Legion galleries, and here is another favorite, from a guy after my own heart, who seems to be a even bigger Karate Kid fan than I am.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=89206

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Those are truly awesome black and whites LWL, you are right. My favorites are definately KK with Mr. Incredible and Popeye!

And speaking of big Karate Kid fans, well ... I let my avatar do the talking for me. [Smile]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I remember when Seely posted the KK Vs Zealot pic on DA.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
loved KK vs Elektra...but sure wish that the guy could have thought of Karate Kid vs Myg, the 2nd Karate Kid. (and even 3rd KK )
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
OM,
That was a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing it.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
LWL, you too!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
That Karate Kid vs... everyone(!) gallery was fantastic! What a great idea for a sketch collection!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Just saw your re-imagined Legion covers link too OM. Also awesome!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I only managed to get two sketches at Big Apple last night and they aren't even Legionnaires.

Little Barda by Louis Small Jr.

Larfleeze by Terry Huddleston

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Here are some the con sketches I can show for now. First the ones from Big Apple Con.

Little Barda Jr.:
Click for fullsize image

Larfleeze by Terry Huddleston:
Click for fullsize image

[ October 12, 2010, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.