Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The Legion is Dead, Long Live the Legion: Article at Newsarama (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Legion is Dead, Long Live the Legion: Article at Newsarama
M'onel
May be Lethbridge's #1 Legion Fan...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M'onel   Author's Homepage   Email M'onel         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
I'd say the whole premise of the series and the basis of the characters is slightly more than "vague little details"

Touche, I'll admit I made a mistake in proclaiming that.

quote:
I DON'T think this is a good thing.

I have one question: Will you pick up the book?

--------------------
A Chaotic Neutral stuck in a Lawful Good world

From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by M'onel:
quote:
I DON'T think this is a good thing.

I have one question: Will you pick up the book?
Honestly? Probably not. I don't want to reward them for screwing everything over.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with SorM and Invisible Bainiac: WHY?? Why another complete-rebbot? I agree the Legion could use a revamp to freshen the concept up a little, but another frickin reboot?? This is most likely the end of the Legion.
I just don't think they can survive another start from scratch, even if its good.
I really hope I'm wrong. If Waid's relaunch is a smashing success I'll be the first to joyfully put my foot in my mouth.

And if anyone can pull it off its Waid. He has a lot on his shoulders this time. Cause if this flops, the legion will drift away to comic book limbo.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
So the Legion is now going to be the Manson Family of Space except instead of killing people they save them?

We all know what happened when L.E.G.I.O.N. became R.E.B.E.L.S.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
This is obviously a throw back to the glory days of Legion on the Run!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I would hate to see the menace so bad that the LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES will need the added help of... ummm... Cyborg and Kid Flash [Wink]

Of course, that's Cyborg and Kid Flash, plus flight rings...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Hope someone remembers that Bart should still have the flight ring Brainy gave him... right???

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
Hope someone remembers that Bart should still have the flight ring Brainy gave him... right???

I'm sure it was telepathic earplugs, not a flight ring.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Aah, THAT's it... "Give me a think sometime..." [Smile]

It was Kon who had a flight ring, and Cos took it back after Team 20 caught him giving to his girl Roxie in his title...

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Do they actually say that this is a true reboot anywhere in that interview? The feeling I got is that they are just using the current continuity in a new title; a different approach to many things, I assume, but the current continuity nevertheless. I guess I think that because of Kon-el's heavy involvement in the Titans storyline, it fits with current continuity, and it really would mean bending over backwards in any true reboot.

So, are they trimming membership? Did I understand that correctly? They do speak about only ca. 20 Legionnaires... We know Brainy is in. Who else?

Actually, I'm excited about this, this "movement" idea sounds fun. A focus on characterization also sounds very, very good. And I love the fact that Levitz was directly involved in the planning, I'm sure he's had some ideas over the years since he hasn't been writing that he could pass over to the new writer... Regarding Kitson's art, I really liked him in L.E.G.I.O.N. (I don't think I have read anything more recent by him).

All in all, I think I am, at least for the moment, a happy camper.

Juan

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
At the least, I'm looking forward to a Brainy/Bart Allen reunion. That should be fun (if there'll be any room for fun).

I don't really mind if the Titans get honorary flight rings... as long as it's a finite number. Depending on how it's done and how the crossover ends.

30 pages of story? Now, that's exciting. Focus on characterization? Great. Movement, not team? I don't know what that means. I'll bet Winema discredits the team, somehow.

I can't tell from this article whether we're about to get a full-fledged reboot, or what. It wouldn't make sense for the relaunch to begin with one set of characters crossing over with the Titans and a new set of heroes forming the rechristened LEGION OF SUPER HEROES, would it?

There are vague mentions of goings-on in the greater DCU... Identity crisis? A new Grant Morrison 'meta-event'? Something's coming up.

Perhaps the Legion will be the forerunner of widespread change occuring throughout the DCU, for once-- instead of the red-headed stepchild getting the back of the hand.

It's kind of exciting, not knowing exactly what's ahead. Nov/Dec are a *long* way away, aren't they?

This is going to subject eGAD's storyline to a *microscopic* (or would that be macroscopic?) amount of scrutiny, isn't it? Her hints about her story dovetailing into WAK's (or BAM's) tenure are provocative, aren't they?

Maybe I'm just having an optimistic morning, but I'm all *tingly* about this. For no good reason, I have a good feeling.

I wonder if Waid, Kitson and Wacker are lurking here? Would comments addressed to them be better posted here, or at the DC boards? Both?

Wasn't there supposed to be some new part of the DC website functioning as and online letters page? Did that just mean the message boards as they currently exist? What a come-on, if so.

Anyway, I'm propitiating the Luck Lords for some favorable vibes aimed at BAM (or WAK?) and at all of us tremulous fans.

Hey, Mark and Barry...

... Good Luck and Congratulations!

Don't screw it up.

And bring back Element Lad.

Please?

TN

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
WAK's (or BAM's)

We can always call 'em BnM... if this thing ends up going over like a fart in church...! [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

draub
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for draub   Email draub         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
* GIM ALLON ALIVE!
* SHRINKING VIOLET WITHOUT THE GROWTH POWER!
* SENSOR AS THE HUMAN PRINCESS PROJECTRA!
* NO LEGION DEATHS!
* NO SUPERBOY!
... etc."

* Potential to see many characters who are long overdue to be introduced in the reboot: Blok, Tellus, Quislet, Dawnstar, Sun Boy, an old enough Polar Boy, etc...

* Mon-El (as opposed to whatever he's called today): Easy to justify if some of the characters are motivated by inspiration in the past...although a Daxamite, he took on a name inspired by his Kryptonian hero. It's not unreasonable that he'd figure out Supes real name...he had a lot of time to kill while in whatever zone he was in. [Wink]

* Leland McCauley - I like the fact that he was a perpetual thorn in the Legionnaires side after the re-boot...a re-reboot may bring him back to that.

* Old School Fatal 5: No offense to the re-booted 5, but they just weren't filling the shoes. Now we can bring back a dangerous Validus, an Emerald Empress with an eye (that does not talk...or if it does somehow talk (hopefully only to the Empress...very occassional voices in the head sort of thing)) it doesn't act like some moping co-dependant "eye this / eye that" whining sphere of psychological problems. Perhaps a Persuader with his post 5YG attitude "Since you didn't step aside like I asked, don't take it personally when I ram my atomic axe down your throat, it's just business." Mano (one who actually wants to be part of the Fatal 5).

* Timberwolf never has to be compelled to say "Think fast!" again.

* Rond Vidar as a Green Lantern: Considering how important he was in the pre-boot Legion, I think this time around they can turn a blind eye to the "No powers derived from objects" rule. Also, having a GL on the team might be good for bringing the AR GL types onboard the title. [Wink]

* Letters page: Heh..a man can dream can't he?

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I wonder if Waid, Kitson and Wacker are lurking here? Would comments addressed to them be better posted here, or at the DC boards? Both?

I've personally invited both Mark and Barry to join up. I only ever heard back from Barry who was very busy at the time but said he may stop by. Never heard anything from Mark.

As for Mr. Editor Wacker, I know that he, or someone on his staff, reads this board. Maybe he'll finally uncloak and reveal himself.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Wacker has a Mole?

Who knew???

MOLE WACKER! MOLE WACKER! woohoohoohoo! <Much Daffy Duck-type dancing ensues>

[Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.