Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The Legion is Dead, Long Live the Legion: Article at Newsarama (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Legion is Dead, Long Live the Legion: Article at Newsarama
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Barry! And Darden, I owe you a pint for that nudge. [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capt._dallas
Co-Creator/Writer: Omega Chase

Icon 1 posted      Profile for capt._dallas           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
I wouldn't worry about terms like reboot or relaunch either - we're not thinking in those terms.

...for those of you sceptical (or worse) I hope you'll give us the chance to win you over.

Okay, I trust you. I'll shut up with my paranoid pessimism and wait until the end of the year for the new series.

--------------------
Omega Chase, available in stores in September: http://th3rdworld.com/comics.php

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Much appreciated, capt.dallas... that's really all we can ask for....

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm thrilled by this news! Mark and Barry are very talented and I have always enjoyed their work, and I have to say the first year and a half-ish of the rebooted Legion that Waid helped guide was the best the reboot has been. The only time it has come close since was Legion Lost!

I look forward to the new series, especially if Garth is back to being Garth (in both body and name: Lightning Lad!).

And I have to say, I'm not surprised at all that Mark and Barry wound up working for this particular editor. Waid & Kitson? WaiKit?...Whack it?...Wacker?

Maybe we can call their era "MarKit"!

Welcome to Legion World Barry and Mark! I know I'll enjoy this ride!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, Barry. Another Long Island pessamist here, but I'll try to play fair. [Smile]

One question you may be able to answer: Is Steve Wacker continuing as the book's editor?

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capt._dallas

quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
And I have to say, I'm not surprised at all that Mark and Barry wound up working for this particular editor. Waid & Kitson? WaiKit?...Whack it?...Wacker?

Maybe we can call their era "MarKit"!

That's a clever name.

Is it confirmed that Wacker will remain editor? I don't recall seeing him mentioned in any of the announcements yesterday.

--------------------

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capt._dallas

Oops! I didn't see T.C.'s post until after I posted mine.

Sorry T.C., for repeating your question.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I hope Barry's post calms some people down!

I know I'm really looking forward to their take on the book! I loved their JLA: Year One, Empire and Brave and Bold, and I think they'll work well together on Legion.

And they won't be older, there isn't a reboot, and there *will* be 30 pgs, so I see this as only good news!

I'm going to sit back, enjoy Gail's run, and then look forward to MnB

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Barry. Good to see you again. Missed your art since the Titans ended. (Yeah, i got empire just like i said i would, but i cant find the zero issue from dc to see how it started, so i havent read it yet, lol.)

Anyway, yeah, ya'lls interview scared a few of us around here. After the Firestorm debacle, we are kinda gunshy, at least some of us, anyway.

So, since ya asked so nicely, yeah, i will most definately be checkin the book out. Just have Mark make Jeckie a human again and ya have a fan for life.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Hey Barry. Good to see you again. Missed your art since the Titans ended. (Yeah, i got empire just like i said i would, but i cant find the zero issue from dc to see how it started, so i havent read it yet, lol.)

Hey Rick. If you didn't pick the the TPB that was just released that included the whole shebang I'll get you a copy, probably electronic, of the #0 issue.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for responding Barry.

Will you continue the tradition of nude Legionnaire splash pages?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Newell:
quote:
Originally posted by Jorge Martinez:
[QUOTE]Why? Because I am a big legion fan that has SUFFERRED much due to decisions made by DC. I finally enjoy the Legion again in over 10 years and they decide to change it. That is why.

Uh...weren't DnA leaving anyway, necessitating the change? DC didn't fire them from the book.
Yes and no - they quit, but then were told to leave 3 issues earlier than they wanted to.
So the decision Jorge has suffered this time is to miss out three issues.
[Wink]

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry

Glad my nudge got you over here. [Big Grin] Scott watch out I might just get over their one day to take you up on that offer of a beer [Big Grin]

Having just bought Empire to see what the new team is capable off I am now a lot more relaxed about the future of the future.

Lots of very very pretty pictures, I cant wait to see Barry's version of my fav, Saturn Girl.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
All I can say is thanks Barry. In that one little sentence about not thinking in terms of a reboot or revamp you put my mind at ease. That Newsarama article was so vague and misleading in spots that I was really worried. If it was going to be another reboot then I was leaving the book, but now I will see what you guys have coming down the line.
If your pulling our leg and it is some kind a veiled reboot then I am still leaving. I have hung onto Legion since Superboy/Legion 198, but I just can't and won't go through another reboot on my all time favorite book.

From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
I wouldn't worry about terms like reboot or relaunch either - we're not thinking in those terms.

Not to be paranoid or anything, but just because they're not thinking in terms of "reboot" doesn't mean it isn't -- does it??

Anyhoo, it's great to see Barry here. Now if only we don't scare him off before the re-whateveritis. [Wink]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.