Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Reboot was right (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Reboot was right
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if Identity Crisis may be a reason for the pacing.

Geoff John's was going to tell the origin of Power Girl but then it seemed the Legion rebooted and he had to wait.

So far IC isn't effecting the Legion at all they say. But Power Girl seems to be a part of IC and now the Legion.

Another thing about suspense. If it takes TOO long people lose interest. When I heard Geoff was going to "clean up" Power Girl's origin I couldn't wait...now I don't really care. Marvel's T-Bolts are the same...they set something up for so long...I don't care who the Swordsman is anymore.

I use these examples cause it's taking a long time to meet the legionnaires. I was SUPRISED we got Brin so early and I loved it. But Violet? Eh. Yeah she's a team member I hear. Her debut is going to be anti-climatic at this point methinks.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I said it before, I'll say it again. Reboot was right.

There have been more duds than even half-successes in Threeboot so far.

And as EDE reminds us, DnA, despite some weaknesses, at least had some good ideas at their disposal, more than Waid has managed thus far.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just the title of this thread alone is a bannable offense.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
I think The Reboot has good things, the new origin, Triad, Umbra, Saturn Girl and really bad moves like Sneackie, Jarth, Emerald Vi.
In the current Threeboot I like the return of Projectra, Dream Girl, Sun Boy,Timber Wolf and even Supergil, but not all is good.
The silly origin of Triplicate Girl, one world full of female clones can't exist forever, in 70 years all the women are old and must die.
Too much changes in Imra, Tinya, Val, Star Boy.
I'll wait a little more time.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Sensor!
The Bride of Mordru!
Dark Circle Rising!
Foundations!
Wussy Ferro!

All gone!

quote:
Teen Ghost Marriages!
Missing Third Bodies that No One Bothers to Look For!
Space Nuns!

All gone!

quote:
And, ooooooh, lest I forget

Acid Spit!

Gone!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
I'll admit the series has drug a little bit more than it should, but I think anyone who doesn't dig it more than the previous incarnation has forgotten just how bad the previous incarnation was.

Just a reminder:

Terrorform Zoe!
Attack of the 50' Vi!
Vi's Green Streak!
Cub!
Timber Wolverine!
Alien Horde of the Week!

And that's just for starters.

quote:
Crap! I can't stop!

Remember:

Hypertaxis!
Jarth!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Ugh! I'd forgotten how bad the whole hypertaxis storyline was...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Unless # 16 shows me different, I'm thinking Reboot and Kent were right.

I submit that there was NOTHING about the postboot Legion that wasn't fixable. Bah! Eryk and I would have had it whipped into tip-top shape in three issues!

There would have been more heroines fighting crime in bikinis than you could shake an earthquake beast at!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jeepers! We've already managed to turn it around in MELatLSH:TS! Of course, we had to eliminate like 95% of the cast...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
And little did we suspect that the little Athramite that was getting beaten up by a mob in LEGIONNAIRES ANNUAL # 2 would later join the post-whiteout Legion as Sensory Lad!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Eryk - one question: are you trying to be the anti-me on this matter; basically vocally hating the postboot just to be the oppposite of me?

And Cobie, I'd have thought better of you than to repost all those lists [Frown]
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
I said it before, I'll say it again. Reboot was right.

There have been more duds than even half-successes in Threeboot so far.

And as EDE reminds us, DnA, despite some weaknesses, at least had some good ideas at their disposal, more than Waid has managed thus far.

Why, according to your post in the sales thread, are you buying two issues a month then? Over a year is too long to buy ONE issue a month on the hope that it'll magically get better, let alone two...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

'Boot, I don't think either Eryk or myself are trying to be anti-you (and I didn't mean that at all by the lists). There was just so much wrong with the last reboot that I actually can see the point of having the threeboot.

Basically, whether threeboot or reboot, I'll support the Legion, though I may not love either 100%.

If only DnA were allowed to leave earlier and someone continued the reboot with fresh stories that attempted to fix the crap and move forward...

...Although I guess what I really want is the original Legion returned and their stories to continue to go on...

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Actually, I do want to say that I understand that you're angry that the Legion was rebooted again. I really don't blame you for that, because it was *your* Legion.

That's kinda how I feel about the original version too. I think we both (and almost all of us) got burned.

At this point in time, I for the life of me can't see anyway to make it right anymore without continuing on with this new Legion. Outside of DC publishing additional titles, which appears unlikely to ever happen in the next decade...

Eryk Davis Ester

My vocal hatred of the postboot has absolutely nothing to do with you, 'Boot.

And it should be noted that I still believe, as I have said repeatedly, that the first year or so of postboot stories are some of the best Legion issues ever. But I believe strongly that it go extremely bad really quickly after that.

I actually wouldn't mind, for example, if they de-booted to Legionnaires Annual #2, and ignored everything that came after that.

[ March 11, 2006, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I agree about the first two years of the postboot.

I also think *some* of DnA's run was good:

'Legion of the Damned' - not bad
'Widening Rifts' - better
'Legion Lost #1-7' - meh
'Legion Lost #8-12' - excellent
'Legion Worlds' - excellent
'Legion #1 - 17' - very good
after - not so good with each issue coming closer to 'awful'

final Gail Simone arc - great

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.