Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH at Baltimore (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: LSH at Baltimore
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:

(Not that I imagine they'll give us a good answer. I'm really just wondering if they realize there's a problem in the first place.)

It could be a screw up...I've thought that myself.

But the reason I am looking forward to it instead of dreading it is because Mark Waid wrote Mon-El into the Legion and Geoff Johns wrote the Mon-El story in Action #10. And they came out almost simultaneously....and it's not like Mark and Geoff weren't talking at that time...they were working on Countdown together.

I think the paradox is by design...and even it isn't they probably aren't going to go public with the screw up.

If it was a screw up, and screw ups do happen, even to comic book creators...hopefully they'll find a positive solution...

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
The paradox with Mon-El is not new. I wonder what Mon-el in the Phantom Zone thought when he saw himself, Superboy, Duo Damsel & Shadow Lass appear from the future in Adventure 369-70?

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:
The paradox with Mon-El is not new. I wonder what Mon-el in the Phantom Zone thought when he saw himself, Superboy, Duo Damsel & Shadow Lass appear from the future in Adventure 369-70?

It probably gave him a sense of joy that one day he would be freed. That's what I always thought.

This isn't the same paradox...this paradox is what seems to be the same Mon-El, appearing in Legions from 2 different worlds. Since Mon-El was actually immaterial at the time of the Mordru story...the typical comic book science of a character being unable to be two places at once doesn't really apply...his younger self was an immaterial ghost.

This 2 Legion thing is a whole new world of paradox, literally.

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy:
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:

It probably gave him a sense of joy that one day he would be freed. That's what I always thought.

This isn't the same paradox...this paradox is what seems to be the same Mon-El, appearing in Legions from 2 different worlds. Since Mon-El was actually immaterial at the time of the Mordru story...the typical comic book science of a character being unable to be two places at once doesn't really apply...his younger self was an immaterial ghost.

This 2 Legion thing is a whole new world of paradox, literally.

For all we know, the Phantom Zone is like the Bleed, intersecting all the worlds of the multiverse. Mon could have been released from (and returned to) the PZone in Waid's version and then released into the Lightning Saga version. Same person, different continuities, very interesting concept. He could well be the only DCU hero that knows the truth about all 52 worlds in the mutltiverse.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Phantom Zone like the Bleed - that's a great idea, Vee!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn !

Just got back home from a big u-turn on the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. My nine year old, in her "S" logo t-shirt to match mine, got sick in the car when we were about 15 minutes away from the convention.

I had planned for a year to take her with me to meet Barry and get him to sign JLA Year One for her. It was the only Barry Kitson work I knew of that was age-appropriate for her and of interest to her, and nice alternative to the toonverse comics she reads now.

I may try to go to Baltimore in the morning, but that's a pretty unlikely.

Barry -- hope you're coming back in 2008!

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to hear that Lad Boy. I hope your daughter is OK.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy

she's fine. thanks.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, sorry that happened.

I actually had a lot of fun this year. I was able to talk with Shooter for a bit and have him sign one of my Adventure issues. I also got a Matter-Eater Lad sketch, not to mention two great prints of Legion work from Dennis Calero.

Barry's table had a line that seemed a mile long, so I wasn't able to drop by and meet with him. I also saw that Greg Laroque was there.

From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Any nuggets of the Shooter talk you might wanna share with us, ultrajo?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Nothing that hasn't been said already. I definitely think he was surprised when I pulled out "The Ghost of Ferro Lad” issue to be signed. It was interesting to listen to him critique the artwork of the two guys in front of me.

I am curious if any body else from here that went to Baltimore visited Callero's table. I have to say he had some beautiful prints available. I picked up a 4C of the cover for issue #32 and a bw of the panel with Cosmic Boy surrounded by Dominators. He also had some nice Green Lantern prints. Callero had great things to say about Manupal.

I have to say, for me, this year was a much better experience. My friend told me that he had heard the attendance had over doubled last year's. The main floor was definitely larger. Though I do have to say that I was appalled at the lack of tact and manners that some of the attendees displayed. I can understand giving artists and writers some copies to sign, but when people pull up with their long boxes and tie up the line, it is very inconsiderate of the rest of those waiting, not to mention the professional's time. These people should be charged a fee.

I also went to the Weiringo memorial panel and listened to colleagues and friends reminisce about him. They seemed like a tight-knit family. Very close. Some of the stories were very funny. A nice end to the day.

From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy

ok something weird happened when trying to post via mobile device.

[ September 09, 2007, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Lad Boy ]

Lad Boy

so now I'm just editing multiple duplicate posts with random words.

Well I couldn't make it to Baltimore this morning. Kind of a drag -- especially since I had been emailing Barry and Dennis ahead of time and planning to take my daughter with me. I had even gotten around to making my list of missing LSH and JLA issues to look for in the bins.

Oh well, hopefully 2008 will be better.

[ September 09, 2007, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Lad Boy ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
From Newsarama:

quote:
Shooter talked about his run on the Legion, pointing out that he started writing Legion 42 years ago, and the last time he wrote the characters was 30 years ago. "That's got to be some kind of record," he said. Shooter said the series will be keeping the continuity that has been built during

Shooter said the run will start with an epic 16-issue story -- pointing out that of course there will be smaller stories within the larger story. "The two main villains are Geoff Johns and Brad Meltzer, who are stealing the Legion," he joked. He said he's enjoying revisiting the characters, but is coming up with "new and different stuff" as well. "The Legionnaires are all about defending life, so I like the idea of them going out and doing that," he said, adding that comics characters have a "tendency to hang around the HQ until somebody attacks you," and he wants them to go out and make things happen.

Waid said he's thrilled that Shooter is taking over the version of the Legion that he began, adding that he had wanted -- way back when he was doing Action Comics Weekly -- to have Shooter do a Legion Academy comic for DC, but it never happened. "If I'm going to pass the baton to anybody, there's nobody I'd rather pass it to," Waid said.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lad Boy:
Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn !

Just got back home from a big u-turn on the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. My nine year old, in her "S" logo t-shirt to match mine, got sick in the car when we were about 15 minutes away from the convention.

I had planned for a year to take her with me to meet Barry and get him to sign JLA Year One for her. It was the only Barry Kitson work I knew of that was age-appropriate for her and of interest to her, and nice alternative to the toonverse comics she reads now.

I may try to go to Baltimore in the morning, but that's a pretty unlikely.

Barry -- hope you're coming back in 2008!

Sorry to hear about your daughter LB.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.