Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH at Baltimore (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: LSH at Baltimore
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Shooter was also asked about character ownership in regards to his original work on the Legion:

quote:
Can Shooter speak to him owning the Legion characters because he wrote his first Legion issues when he was 13 years old? Shooter said he knew what he was doing when he signed the characters over -- he knew DC would own them. He said he was told, when he was writing for Marvel, that he could actually sue DC for ownership because he was not an adult when he signed over the characters -- and there had been no contact with his parents by DC. "I thought about it," he said. "And I said, 'No. I knew what I was doing at the time'" Shooter said it would be "dishonorable to backtrack on that deal."

Didio joked, "Is somebody taping this, please?"

Shooter said he later found out that Ditko was underage when he signed over Spider-Man. "If it's good enough for Steve, it's good enough for me."

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ditko was born in November 1927. That means he was 34 when Spider-Man debuted in August 1962. Either Marvel sat on the character for a very long time or New York has a very high age of consent.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Jim Lee Baltimore-Legion related.

"Which DC characters does he want to work with? The Legion of Super-Heroes still top Lee’s list, and he could see himself doing a Wonder Woman project."

Geez, DC give the guy a chance. He's been saying this since about 2000.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis Calero
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis Calero   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Calero         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi guys!

Thanks to everyone who came and said hello, and who may have bought a print or a sketch.

Legion fans are the best, and I appreciate how you guys have really taken me in and made me feel welcome even tho Tony and I are the "fill in" team. Thanks!!!

From: New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Jim Lee Baltimore-Legion related.

"Which DC characters does he want to work with? The Legion of Super-Heroes still top Lee’s list, and he could see himself doing a Wonder Woman project."

Geez, DC give the guy a chance. He's been saying this since about 2000.

Yeah but he produces like 2 comics a year now. I don't look forward to him working on a title I like because he can't, or doesn't, produce work at a decent rate now.
Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Superboy, well he did state he wanted the "original" Legion not another one. I guess him doing an arc or mini with the LS Legion would make him happy...but more importantly it would make me happy.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Could you imagine the last year or two of Lee's output at Marvel Comics back when Shooter was EiC. Picture it just for giggles.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Calero:
I appreciate how you guys have really taken me in and made me feel welcome even tho Tony and I are the "fill in" team. Thanks!!!

You guys aren't the 'fill in team'; you're the real thing. Unfortunately, they're not letting you be the real thing for very long, but it doesn't mean that those five, six issues count for any less.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Like Matthew said. No such thing as a fill in team. You work on the Legion, even one issue, you become part of their history.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Hi guys!

Thanks to everyone who came and said hello, and who may have bought a print or a sketch.

Legion fans are the best, and I appreciate how you guys have really taken me in and made me feel welcome even tho Tony and I are the "fill in" team. Thanks!!!

You and Tony have done some nice and interesting work to this point with a really eclectic feel. I've enjoyed it. Interesting stuff and an interesting view of the Legion.

I try to come up with a way of describing it...gothic? Atmospheric? It's almost got a horror feel to it...it's cool stuff.

I hope all the furor over the LS Legion and Shooter's return doesn't make you guys feel like chopped liver...you aren't. The truth is you guys could be putting out the greatest Legion work ever but since no one was expecting you guys to be permanent additions, it would still be kind of lost in the shuffle at this particular moment in time.

Everyone is trying to figure out what is going on with the various Legions coming up.

I've enjoyed the work of Calero and Bedard...I never got too attatched to it because I knew it probably wasn't going to be a permanent thing, no matter how good, or bad, it was...

Could be a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it...if you guys had been the regular team, eveyrone unhappy with the current state of the Legion would have put you guys in their crosshairs. Now, instead you guys get to be the "I'll never understand why DC didn't keep them on the book, they were really good" team. [Wink]

There's no doubt, even to this point, the Legion work you guys did stands apart and is one of the more unique intepretations of the Legion in it's 50 year history. Well done :tu

[ September 10, 2007, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Superboy ]

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Hi guys!

Not fill ins by any means. More like the second or third leg of relay race. You've taken hold of the baton from the runner before you and you will eventually pass it off to runner ahead of you. But while that baton is in your hands, all the hopes and expectations of thousands upon thousands of Legion fans rest safe & secure in your very capable hands.

Thanks for putting so much care and effort into the "race" so far. You certainly have a unique style and have earned your place on this team.

LLL!

PS: Te felicito, compadre. [Smile]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Like Matthew said. No such thing as a fill in team. You work on the Legion, even one issue, you become part of their history.
And we will find something about your work to disagree with one another about until the 31st century!

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Language Arts Lad:
quote:
And we will find something about your work to disagree with one another about until the 31st century!
That's what makes us Legion fans!
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Language Arts Lad:
quote:
That's what makes us Legion fans!
No, it isn't!
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Guys
Having just got back from the Con I just wanted to drop by and say how great it was to see so many familiar faces from Legion World...and even meet some of their relatives [Smile]

By the way just because there may be a long line to get a sketch from me - don't worry about coming up to the front and saying 'Hi' I'm always happy to talk while I'm sketching and there will always be a welcome for Legion Worlders. Chad and Miki will want to meet and chat with fellow Legionworlders even if I'm busy for a minute or two!

Sorry to hear about your daughter too Lad Boy - the good news is that I have been invited back again for 2008 so hopefully we'll get a chance to meet then.

If I can ever get organised enough it would be so good to have a little LW gathering one evening after the show closes! [Smile]

It was a pleasure to meet Dennis too - we had a chance to chat a little - I'm looking forward to seeing more of his work in the years to come.

I couldn't get away from the booth to go hear any of the announcements, but I'll look forward to catching up with develpoments from you guys!

Thanks again to everybody who dropped by - and expecially to those of you who waited so long in the line for sketches - hopefully a few of them will appear here soon - I think about half dozen were of LSH characters! Hope you thought the wait was worth it and that you made some good new friends while in the line! [Smile]

Looking forward to Baltimore 2008!

[ September 12, 2007, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Barry Kitson ]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.