Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » TriSaber's Legion: Chemical King (revised) added 12/18/03 (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: TriSaber's Legion: Chemical King (revised) added 12/18/03
JT.Hawk
New

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JT.Hawk   Email JT.Hawk         Edit/Delete Post     
Fantastic job on Bouncing Boy! Well done.

--------------------
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

From: Vancouver, British Columbia | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Amazing!
From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
BB rocks, but Darkseid is AWESOME... [drool]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brown Legion
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brown Legion   Author's Homepage   Email Brown Legion         Edit/Delete Post     
all these are awesome

waiting for Kid Q myself [Wink]

--------------------
L.L.L. (Long Live the Legion!)

"Eat it, Grandpa!"

From: 31st Century Jackson | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Really love this artisitic style you use. Keep 'em coming! Can't wait to see Mon, Lyle, Condo, & Jan

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
who's up next then ???

and how long do they take you to do ???

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Another LW artist who could make a fantastic Legion animated series!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TriSaber
Pre-Zero Hour Fanatic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TriSaber   Email TriSaber         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the compliments on Bouncing Boy and Darkseid. And as for who's next, here she is, hailing from the Galactic Core world of Starhaven with an unerring psionic tracking ability and a natural flight ability that would give even Mon-El and Superboy a run for their money. I give you Dawnstar.

-

And as for how long these images take me to do, it depends mostly on the complexity of the character in question. For example, Dawnstar, who's costume and features are highly detailed took a lot longer to do than Dream Girl, who's costume has virtually no detailing. On average, it would take me a roughly a day's time.

--------------------
Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
hey !!

great work there, TriSaber !!!

i wonder what GREY will say, when he see's DAWNY !!!???

and thanks for the info on how long it takes you ....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
This is going so well! Dawnstar looks great.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome -- love the hair, the wings and that *fringe*! She's lookin mighty fine [Smile]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, that's just simply gorgeous. You have her wings sheltering her, effectively so, and such a portrait is notably difficult to bring off with any sense of its being in three dimensions. And with your spot-color technique, as well!

I'm glad you included the headband. Her feathers and fringe are striking. (I always felt that if she's wearing the fringe, it should be flowing and substantial, as you've done ... or else why bother?)

The hair, even more so. It always should be coal-black like this, and not everyone manages it. Even Jurgens/Kesel didn't, with Dawny being against the self-doubting priest Jhodan in the "Kol" story.

I didn't lobby to have TriSaber show my sister this soon, beyond one comment ... it seems he chose to take her up early, and I thank him!

And I meant to ask: Did you do winged folk, such as Archangel, on any other series, and if so, where would they be?

[ December 08, 2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Dawnstar is lovely.

(And your picture of her was too... [Wink] )

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TriSaber
Pre-Zero Hour Fanatic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TriSaber   Email TriSaber         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks a lot, everyone. Glad you like my take on Dawny. And to answer your question, Greybird, here's a couple of pics I did some time ago in the Bruce Timm style: Two versions of the Golden Age Hawkman. Enjoy.

-  -

--------------------
Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Which program do you use? I tend to do my art in Illustrator, which has wonderfully time-consuming functions, and is vector-based so I can adjust things (kinda) easily.

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.