Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion Elseworlds: FOOD for the SPIDER GUILD (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Legion Elseworlds: FOOD for the SPIDER GUILD
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
by moi

In the 1980s, the race of sentient spider creatures known as The Spider Guild overran the Vega star system, quickly conquering all 22 planets.

Without the assistance of the vanished Omega Men, the inhabitants of the Vega planets were encased in the coma-inducing webs of the Spider Guild to be used as nourishment for the unstoppable voracious monsters.

Hundreds of years passed, and eventually the planets of Vega were drained dry while the numbers of the Spider Guild reached the hundreds of billions.

It was then that the Spider Guild turned its attention toward Sol and the planets of our star system.

In the year 2957-- one full year before the events that would have spawned the LEGION of SUPER-HEROES could occur-- the Spider Guild arrived en masse and began spinning its webs on the United Planets...

This is the story of what took place after the UP was conquered by the Spider Guild...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Commander Tangleweb surveyed the latest reports from his Guild brethren.

Things looked quite good for the Spider Guild.

Though the planets of this system were unlike any other in the recorded history of the Guild, they would eventually all fall... no matter what kind of seemingly-impossible power the humanoid inhabitants of these worlds possessed.

Tangleweb's mandibles seemed to contort into a smile as he surveyed the list of planets that were completely overrun by the Spider Guild--

Titan-- whose telepaths apparently found the minds of the Spiders too frightening to comprehend, much less control.

Durla-- although the race that was known to dwell on this wasteland of a planet had somehow hidden itself... for now.

Khundia-- though not without considerable effort.

Zoon-- conquered with ease.

Rimbor-- conquered with ease.

Winath-- conquered with ease once those 3 electrical humanoids were encased within the dream-webs.

Cargg-- how delighted the Guild was! 3 meals in every single humanoid!

Elia AKA Dominion Homeworld-- although the inhabitants of this planet were more vegetable than meat to the Spider Guild.

Earth-- despite resistance from the fabled earth-giant, the elusive martial artist and the solar-powered humanoid.

Daxam-- quite the victory for the Guild. It is extremely fortunate the inhabitants of that planet never leave it-- or the Guild wouldn't have stood a chance.

Talok VIII-- conquered with ease.

Naltor-- conquered with ease.

Starhaven-- conquered with ease, although the young female Starhavenite who escaped capture during that battle was still a source of irritation for Captain Fleb. Mentioning her was a sure-fire way to enrage him!

Commander Tangleweb's eyes grew weary. It had been another long day, but he was responsible for billions of Spider-Brethren and he had no intention of letting them down.

Which meant tomorrow, he would decide on what to do about the planets that had thus far escaped Spider Guild infestation....

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Very intriguing, Lash! I love the return of Tangleweb as a major bad-ass! So I guess you plan on forming a new Legion of your own? Will Tenzil be a founder, since Bismoll has escaped? And will Zoe show up? I can hardly wait!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

THANKS, IB! This idea has been brewing in my head since I read 'Binger's Legion 35C story that featured some races of Vega... (so a shout-out to 'Binger: thanks, babe! You inspire me!)

I'm going to be dealing with about 25 or so of the established Legion planets (I had to draw the line somewhere!) and unfortunately Aleph isn't one of them.

Bismoll, however...

the Guild is there, but have they managed to conquer the planet? Check back tomorrow!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Commander Tangleweb awakend to the latest reprorts from his Spider Brethren...

Lallor-- Considered conquered despite the efforts of the humanoid lad who appears to have Daxamite powers...

Xanthu-- The seige continues although the massively-powered gravity-controlling humanoid has gathered a collection of Xanthi quote-unquote "freedom-fighters" to stand against the Guild.

Imsk-- Conquered with ease-- until the rebellious Imskian shrinkers began to fight back with their cowardly powers-- Spider-Brethren have been temporarily driven from the planet until the sneak-attacks of the Imskian natives can be countered.

Commander Tangleweb considered those worlds to already be food for the Spider-Guild.

The next report, which listed the planets the Spider Guild had thus far been unable to conquer, held Commander Tangleweb's attention for several minutes. These were the planets that would taste the deadly kiss of the Spider Guild's atmosphere-venom bombs...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Braal-- The humanoid inhabitants were able to easily repel the Spider Guild invasion. They would be less easily able to deter the venom bomb the Guild planned to release in the Braal atmosphere.

Orando-- What seemed to be quote-unquote "easy trappings" for the Spider Guild instead turned out to be a monolithic task, as all physical evidence of planet Orando seemed to vanish shortly after the Spider Guild entered its orbit. The planetary coordinates calculated for Orando would suffice for the venom bomb the Guild planned to released, Commander Tangleweb thought.

Bismoll-- The humanoid savages of this mudball have thus far escaped entrapment in the dream-webs as they appear to be able to consume the webs before the numbing effects can take place... additional reports seemed to suggest these ravenous savages can physically consume the very metal our ships are made of. Though it is entirely possible the Guild could overrun this planet, an Atmosoheric Venom Bomb is recommended to keep loss of Spider-Brethren life at a minimum.

[ January 11, 2004, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Deep Space:

No one could outrun her in space, this she knew already.

The Spider Guild ships had no possible way to capture her. Her mutant powers saw to that.

She was beyond capture. Her powers made it impossible.

Though in her early teens, she was an accompished mercenary, bounty hunter, tracker, and hero to her planet... she had seen the worlds of the United Planets several times over in her travels.

And Dawnstar knew what she needed to do to survive.

"A Daxamite" she thought to herself. "These arachnid monsters would burn from the gaze of a Daxamite!"

--------------------

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, Mikey, I'm officially Hooked... Now when will more be posted? No pressure or anything! [lol] [Razz]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh.... LASH

I WANT MORE!!!!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice Lashie, though I'm surprised Naltor is over-run so easily....

Just me being picky, never mind, keep it coming please....

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Wow, Abin, Danny, Sonnie-- THANK you.

I'll have another chapter up as soon as I post this note.

Sonnie-- Commander Tangleweb & the Spider Guild may be in for some surprises.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Commander Tangleweb looked at the faces of his war council.

Captain Fleb returned his gaze, but Captain Flederweb looked distraught. Captain Venomna would not return his gaze at all.

"WELL?" Commander Tangleweb demanded as much as asked.

"These cowards don't want to tell you what you MUST need know, Commander." Fleb replied. "But we have lost thousands of Guild Brethren to the Trommite transmuters. And thousands more to the disgusting disease-spreaders of Somahtur."

"Unacceptable." Tangleweb replied. "And Dryad-- is it a total loss?"

Captain Venomna spoke up now. "The silicone-based life of Dryad is poisonous to the Guild Brethren. Dryad must indeed be considered a total loss."

"I'll be the final judge of that, Venomna, but thank you for your input. What of the planet of Mages?"

"Zerox" Fleb gently specified. "The terrain seems to change as if at will and the race of mages has hidden itself like the cowards they are. Very little loss of Guild-Brethren, but very little in the way of progress either."

Commander Tangleweb did not look happy. "I already know that Bgztl has phased permanently into their dimension to escape us. And we have no way to follow them... yet. But I must know... has ANY progress been made on Colu?"

Flederweb spoke up. "When the Coluans look to their sky, they see nothing but thousands upon thousands of Spiders... but the Guild is still unable to penetrate the force-field that surrounds the planet."

Tangleweb slapped Flederweb with 3 of his arms. "FIND A WAY!"

--------------------

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
IT will be very interesting to see all of these freedom fighters unite.

I wonder if the rest of Dryad's population (ie the humanoids) are being protected by the silicones. Or are you just saying that Dryad is silicon based only?

But LASH, this is going to be awesome! I'm loving it already...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Thanks, Danny!

(and yep, I'm working with the post-boot notion that Dryad life is all silicone-based. No humans on the Dryad of this story)

--------------------

Mattropolis

Thanks for cearing that up!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.