Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion Elseworlds: FOOD for the SPIDER GUILD (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Legion Elseworlds: FOOD for the SPIDER GUILD
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
NIce work yet again, LASH!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
And then......?

more more more please....

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The sound of the Coluan's voice rising a few octaves startled Dawnstar momentarily.

"If the young Starhavenite lady would like to join us all over here rather than continuing her excellent but-not-quite-excellent ENOUGH attempt to spy on us?"

Dawnstar could not help but smile at the Coluan's tone. She might actually like him!

She flew over and was quickly introduced to her new allies... Brainiac 5, Veilmist, Wildfire, Brek and Mysa.

She could not resist-- "You certainly are the trustworthy sort, Brainiac 5."

"Nonsense" he replied. "If you aren't of the Spider Guild, then you are an ally. There's not a sentient in the United Planets insane enough to disagree with that sentiment right now."

Isn't he the unflappable one, she thought to herself. But what Dawnstar said next made all five of them gasp aloud: "I have a Daxamite with me."

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
And it looks like the Legion is born, in yet another incarnation. You've got me watering at the mouth for more, Lash!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Dawnstar led her 5 new allies to the cocoon.

"This changes everything!" Brainiac 5 stated. "A Daxamite-- this will tip the balance of power ever so slightly in our favor! Enough to make a difference quicker than we had planned!"

Dawnstar spoke up quickly, sensing the Coluan's plans for the Daxamite might conflict with her own: "This Daxamite will be the salvation of both Trom and Somahtur. The Guild is planning to destroy both planets in mere hours!"

Brainiac 5 did not change his expression. "We shall see."

"The cocoon!!" Mysa exclaimed, "It's opening!!"

The 6 watched as the Daxamite ripped the cocoon apart. None were quite prepared for what emerged... TWO Daxamites!!

The girl was only a teenager but she was nearly 6 and a half feet tall... the little boy that clung to her leg screamed, "Laurel, where are we??? This isn't home!!"

The statuesque blonde Daxamite's face contorted into a mask of panic. "Off-planet!! Ol-Vir, we're off-planet!! The lead-- we're going to DIE!!!!"

"NOT likely, young lady." Brainiac 5 intervened. "The myth that Daxamites die if they leave their planet was created hundreds of years ago to keep your race from reaching its true potential. Take a breath, both of you. Feel the power invigorting you as I speak. The two of you are quite likely the most powerful beings in the entire United Planets now."

The panic Laurel and Ol-Vir had felt slowly began to subside as they felt the draining effects of the Spider Guild webs vanish.

Finally Laurel spoke. "Those spider-monsters... they must die if I have to squeeze the life out of each of them with my own hands!!"

Dawnstar and Brainiac 5 smiled while the others just looked at Laurel and Ol-Vir in awe.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think it is a Daxamite, I do believe it's none other than VALIDUS!!! He was on Daxam for gene -corrective surgery....

Am I right? Am I right?

more more more....

[Smile]

<edit time [Embarrassed] > I hadn't read that last post when I wrote this, I'm not a total basketcase y'know... honest!

Loving your thang there Lasher, Ol-vir and Laurel!! Great stuff!

[ January 18, 2004, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Sonnie Bloke ]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Sonnie-- I was hoping Laurel and Ol-vir in a cocoon together would be a surprise (I guess Lar Gand is still trapped in the Phantom Zone since there wasn't a Legion to set him free).

And rest assured-- THIS Laurel isn't the squeamish wuss of the post-boot...

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
And notice how little Ol-Vir just won't let go of Laurel's leg! That little sneak... [Big Grin]

Nice twists, Lash!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmmmm. Ol-Vir? Will we see a traitor in the Legion's midst?

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think we might!

I'm excited about the inclusion of Veilmist, a character I've always loved! I love it Lash! Off the bat we get Dawny and Wildfire! Things are picking up already!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

"Now then, if everyone's quite calmed down now...?" Brainiac 5 glanced to Laurel and Ol-Vir. "Good. As we were discussing before our sudden influx of new allies, Brande wants us to go to Xanthu next to help tip the battle against the Spider Guild."

Dawnstar's eyes widened. "BRANDE? RJ Brande...?"

Brainiac 5 sighed. "Yes, RJ Brande. As fate would have it, he was doing business on Colu when the Spider Guild invasion was announced. I imagine I would still be safe within the confines of my force-field technology had he not had his teleporting Khundish ward with him." Braniac 5 waved his hand in the direction of Veilmist.

"She's a teleporter?" Dawnstar asked, surprised.

"Not just any teleporter, Mistress Dawnstar... I can easily 'port planetary distances." the beautiful Khund flashed a stunning smile.

"Stargods!" Dawnstar breathed. She was beginning to see a light-- no matter how tiny and far away-- at the end of this horrific tunnel. She turned to Brainiac 5.

"You will allow me to communicate with RJ Brande, Coluan. I wish to inform him about the Guild's plans for Trom and Somahtur."

"Nonsense. We are already getting behind schedule for our arrival to Xanthu."

"HOLD it, Brainy!" Wildfire spoke up now. "As I understand it, Xanthu is still holding their own against the Guild. But the populations of Trom and Somahtur are about to be victims of genocide! We HAVE to help them!"

Brainiac's face grew stern. "Drake, I've no wish to argue with anyone here, but you know Veilmist will not deviate from Brande's orders."

Veilmist interjected, "That doesn't mean Master Drake can't accompany Mistress Dawnstar and the Daxamites to those planets." and again she flashed that smile.

Brainiac 5 rolled his eyes.

[ January 18, 2004, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Sis stopped by the Consulate to note a compliment to you for the dialogue, before she took off for a mission at Vega Six. She said, "I wish Brainy would take such notice of me otherwise *sigh* ... formal but ferocious! I love it!"
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Danny & Cobie-- I'm not spilling any beans about traitors OR the lack thereof! But keep in mind, THIS Ol-Vir has never felt the evil influence of Darkseid!

Cobie-- Veilmist has been a favorite of mine from her first on-panel appearance, and I love teleporters anyway! She was a must for me here.

Grey-- THANK you! I was a bit concerned about the dialogue, but you have helped ease that concern! Brainy's is *especially* fun to write!

I'm going to attempt another entry (they're not really long enough to be called "chapters") in a few...

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sonnie Bloke:

[Smile]

I'm not a total basketcase y'know... honest!

LIAR!! [lol]

I'm enjoying your story here Mllasher, very stripped and stark but still conveying the characters personalities. Not an easy thing to do convincingly!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

ohhhhh... they are splitting up?

It does make groups easier to write, I must admit. Plus, now we get to see Drake and Dawny together! WoooHoo!!!!

Hurry up and get to Xanthu! [Razz]

--------------------
Touch the magic...

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.