Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion Elseworlds: FOOD for the SPIDER GUILD (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Legion Elseworlds: FOOD for the SPIDER GUILD
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, this is totally awesome so far! I can't wait to see where you take this, the possibilities are endless! Keep it coming, you have so much that you can get to!

Nice job, I'm hooked!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Bless you, Cobie-- I don't even know where this is going yet-- although I have a general idea-- so I'm kinda along for the ride too! I'm thrilled you are enjoying it!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
This story look to be huge in scope! LASH I always look forward to your next installments.

Of course I am most anxious to see the Xanthu Freedom Fighters...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
As am I... [StarBoy] [Wink]

Nice start, LASH!

[ January 12, 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Star Boy ]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

DEEP SPACE

She would race to the surface of Daxam, snatch a cocoon and would be on her way to Sol within 5 seconds of entering Daxam's atmosphere.

Such is the speed of Dawnstar.

She smiled to herself as Daxam became visible and drew nearer with each second.

The monsters would never even know she had been there unless they were keeping inventory of their captives. She shuddered despite the fact that her nigh-invulnerable body was unable to feel chilled.

She activated the immensely powerful tracking powers that were hers alone and had served her so well since she began her work at age eight.

Once Dawnstar wanted an object or a person, there was no way it could be hidden from her. And what she wanted now was a BIG Daxamite---

The cocoon would keep the Daxamite safe in suspended animation until the yellow rays of Sol could activate his or her unstoppable powers.

Her tracking powers sought out the largest cocoon on Daxam that was in her flight trajectory.

Four seconds later, Dawnstar-- with the large cocoon in tow-- was on her way to Sol.

She had underestimated herself.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Danny! Wayne! You guys' encouragement will certainly keep me trying to do the best I can!

And fear not, Danny-- I envision a pretty important role for Xanthu and it's champions!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

After dileberating all through the night, Tangleweb issued his next command to the Spider Guild.

"All Spider Brethren currently assigned to Trom and Somahtur will leave the surfaces of those planets at once.

The murderous meat of those planets will become examples to the rest of the worlds in this system.

Prepare the Venom Bombs!!

Perhaps the meat of Braal, Bismoll, Imsk and Xanthu will fall into line once we broadcast the fates of their meat-brothers!"

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What a place to leave us hanging. [urk]

More! More!

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Thanks, Arachne-- I'm elated to have so many of you enjoying this-- and more is indeed coming tomorrow evening -- soon as I figure out what happens next! [Wink]

--------------------

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
{[...] She had underestimated herself. }

That's my sister! Always too modest {g} (... he says from one of the resistance outposts)

Compelling stuff, Lash LaRue, keep it up!

(Though I do think some of the planets wouldn't have been conquered with quite that much ease. Still, that also limits the planetary "cast" effectively to help in focusing your story.)

I wonder who's in the cocoon ... and if my own spun *ahem* tale gave the author any ideas ...

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I dunno, Grey, I figure the United Planets were pretty unprepared to be attacked by billions and billions of giant spiders! And I think I've had a fair number of planets that have escaped full spider infestation thus far. An explanation for Naltor's capture is forthcoming...

I hoped you would like the Dawnstar of my tale- I'm kinda kicking her established powers up a notch here and using her to what I consider her full potential. I always felt like she was a powerhouse.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

DEEP SPACE NEAR SOL

Dawnstar's comm-interceptor had picked up Tangleweb's latest orders.

Damn them!! Trom and Somahtur were going to be her next visits after she secured the aid of a Daxamite! She knew from previously intercepted comms that the spiders were powerless as the Trommites turned their hairy flesh to jelly and the Somahturians released the bacteria that ate the spiders from the inside.

The atmoshperic venom bombs would be released tomorrow-- although she had never witnessed the effects of one and had never even heard of it until these monsters entered UP space, she had intercepted enough comms to know its purpose--

The Spider Guild preferred to encase living meat in their cocoons, but the freshly dead would suffice...

and the venom bombs would turn the atmospheres of Trom and Somahtur into poison. And then the spiders would swarm in with the bodies still warm... she shuddered again.

Closer to Sol now... close enough for its vitalizing rays to begin to affect the Daxamite in the cocoon she tugged behind her.

But she had to rest.

She had flown nonstop for days with nothing but the rations in her pouch to keep her going.

She decided to touch down on the one place she knew the Spider Guild had no interest in... Shanghalla.

[ January 13, 2004, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
HMMMM...

And I have to wonder what she will find there...

Great job, Lash!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

As Dawnstar approached the cemetary planetoid, she activated her mental radar...

She sensed nothing but monuments... but wait!

Sentients! All too small to be of the Spider Guild-- these were humanoids! She counted 5 with her radar.

She would leave the cocoon on the far side of Shanghalla facing Sol and she would get as close to these sentients as she dared to learn who they were before she made her presence known.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Dawnstar watched and listened.

She recognized the scantily-clad woman as a member of the Khund race, albeit one of their very rare and highly-prized feminine women.

There was what appeared to be a man in a kind of space-suit, but she could make out no face behind the visor. She found herself lingering on the winged-star insignia on his chest.

The green-skinned man-- A Coluan! A Coluan OFF-PLANET?!!? She was amazed. Colu had sealed itself off completely within its force-field as the very first broadcasts came in about the Spider Guild.

The short man wore the distinctive furred garb of a resident of Tharr. Dawnstar knew the ice-casting powers of the Tharr natives was deadly to the spiders, making it a prime candidate for a future venom-bomb.

The final sentient was almost too beautiful to look at... the woman's hair shifted from auburn to black to white to scarlet at random... there was little doubt that this was one was a sorceress from the mage planet Zerox.

Dawnstar watched and listened a bit more, and it quickly became obvious they shared her goals.

She couldn't wait to inform them that a Daxamite was on Shanghalla!

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.