Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion Elseworlds: FOOD for the SPIDER GUILD (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Legion Elseworlds: FOOD for the SPIDER GUILD
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
VIOLET / MICRO

Micro approached Violet as she walked the halls. She hadn't seemed the overly friendly sort, but maybe it was because she was shy. "Hi there, fellow Imskian!" He smiled. Violet frowned. He chuckled weakly. "So, ummm... I thought you might like to hit the Omni-Deli or something?"

"You thought wrong." Violet responded. "Get the sprock out of my way." She shoved Micro aside and continued down the hallway.

"HooooKAY" Micro thought, "It's not that she's shy. It's that she's Witch Wolf in disguise."

BRAINIAC 5

The sooner this was done the better, and he could be back on Colu.

But he had to tread carefully. Not even Brande knew about the last transmission Insect Queen's thralls received from Guild Command before their demise. Only Brainiac 5 knew about Daxam...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
uhoh

I knew everything couldnt be peaches and cream...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Keep it comin'!

[Star Boy]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Didn't know it had been peaches & cream thus far, Danny! [Wink]

Will do, Wayne, but not until this weekend probably!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
In your own time, sir. [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah! Just caught up again on the story, and I'm still lovin' it!

Starboy as co-leader with Brainy and Brande? Love, love, love it! And Zynthia as Star Girl too!

Veilmist and Dawny are still my favorites, although the quick Tenzil/Taryn and then Rokk scene was great! I kind of like the idea of you exploring a Rokk/Tenzil friendship (I trust you Lash more than most with Tenzil [Smile] )!

And things look gloomy now, although I have a feeling they're going to get worse. Although I also have a feeling that it's going to be in a way I won't expect. More when you get the chance please [Wink] !

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Still awesome Lasher! Love your choices of characters. One question though. Who is Magno? Pol? Dyrk? or Kort Grezz (Magno Lad of the LSV)? Did I miss the answer somewhere while in the thrall of the tale?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Cobie, to be honest, I was absolutely clueless what to do with Rokk in his scene, so I decided to play him off against Tenzil. Glad you enjoyed it! I think I enjoy writing him as straight man to Tenzil's shenanigans. They'd make great buddies.

Vee, I had originally intended Magno to be Dyrk, the post-boot (now powerless) Legionnaire. But the more I think on it, the more I like the idea of Kort Grezz and Calorie Queen (--not to mention Micro Lad, that's half the Super-Rejects!) finally getting into the Legion together.

So let's consider him Kort, long hair and all. I'll try to make his identity apparent in the story itself. XXXs for the idea!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Report from LEGION co-leader Brainiac 5 sent to LEGION co-leader RJ Brande via Omnicom

The victory on Titan was fairly swift. It was a good choice for our first strike. Titan is rather small. Our resident Daxamites and Braallians probably could have liberated Titan on their own.

No Legion casualties. Only minor injuries of Legionnaires reported.

Of course, the Guild soldiers notified Guild Command the moment we struck. The leaders of the Spider Guild are now fully aware that there is organized resistance against them. Our advantage of surprise is gone.

I seriously doubt our next strike will go so smoothly.

Star Boy and I have selected a powerful Titanian volunteer to join the ranks of the Legion. Pending your approval, of course.

Loss of life on Titan to the Spider Guild is minimal as we expected. As you recall, we knew through reports to Insect Queen's thralls that Earth is the primary feeding ground for the Guild.

The Legionnaires as a whole seem heartened by this victory. Some worry expressed, primarily from Dawnstar and Andromeda, about their own conquered home planets.

I trust you & Veilmist are well, and that she continues to deliver the force-field technology on schedule.

I am as well as can be expected while dealing with 20-odd lesser intellects and living with the odd odor that permeates the Spider Guild ship we are using.

Best,

B5

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

SPIDER GUILD COMMAND

In silence, Tanglweb trained his eyes on Fleb, Flederweb and Venomna for what seemed like hours.

When at last he spoke, he showed no emotion in his voice.

"You realize for the first time in Spider Guild history, we are faced with the possibility that we will have to negotiate. Negotiate. I am not certain I even understand the concept."

"The meat of these worlds is incredibly powerful and more diverse than any we've encountered in our history." Fleb rationalized.

"Don't state the obvious to me." Tangleweb replied. "I will not leave our Brethren captured on Titan to starve to death. Open communications to Colu at once. I will speak to the leader of this so-called Legion of Spider-Slayers personally."

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

RJ Brande stared at the large image of Tangleweb on the monitor.

Tangleweb stared back at RJ Brande.

Tangleweb spoke first. "You will order the release of the Spider Brethren held captive on Titan."

"I will order that once the Spider Guild agrees to leave the United Planets in peace."

"Incorrect. You will do it NOW-- or we will detonate venom bombs over Imsk and Bismoll. Just as we did one hour ago over Braal. Even now, the Spider Guild is making planetfall there to harvest."

RJ's mouth went slack. "Y... you're bluffing...!"

"Am I? Attempt to contact Braal."

"But... the force-field..."

"One similar to what the cowardly Coluans and yourself hide behind? Obviously not set up yet."

Brande put his head in his hands. "No...!"

"And I tell you this, human meat. Your force-fields aren't yet working on Imsk or Bismoll either."

--------------------

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Urk! [Wink]

Nice cliffhanger.

(PS Thought I'd put another comment here: MATTER-EATER LAD: THE SERIES is AWESOME!!! The ME-LAD thread seemed to under editorial control (heh), so I thought I'd post here instead... [Wink] )

[ March 17, 2004, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Star Boy ]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

WOW, Wayne-- I'm thrilled to hear you are also enjoying M-EL:TS! I can't speak for Eryk, but it's the most fun I've had writing anything in ages!

And as for THIS tale-- thanks! I kinda liked that cliffhanger myself! More coming THIS WEEKEND!!

--------------------

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Yeah - dunno how I'd missed catching ME-Lad all this time! EDE & you have sure got a great synergy going on... [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I thought so too! I hope HE thinks so!

I actually think we're good enough to see print*, but that could be my wishful thinking!

*I think we could see print if DC ever decided having a Matter-Eater Lad monthly was a necessity for them! [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.