Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion Elseworlds: FOOD for the SPIDER GUILD (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Legion Elseworlds: FOOD for the SPIDER GUILD
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
*blush!* Thanks, Cramey, and to all who have commented!

I kinda like those shifting hair-colors for Mysa as well. Made sense to me as she's been every shade there is. And it's nice to see Veilmist has some fans out there!

Next section coming soon...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
All right! Just wondering, though, do you have plans for Drura soon? But anyway, great story!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Hey, IB, and thanks.

re: Drura-- originally I DID intend to feature her heavily but then decided that everyone who knew me would be expecting that.

So to answer your question-- no AND yes.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Tangleweb crouched on the deck of his ship, surveying the planet below him the humanoids called Earth.

Earth made a fitting home-base for the Spider Guild, as it was situated so nicely in the middle of what was known as the United Planets, and it's population was mostly devoid of irritating abilities such as those possessed by the meat of Braal, Imsk, Tharr and Bismoll. And the population was plentiful, offering sustenance to millions of the Guild.

The Spider Guild Commander pondered the rumours that rogue Daxamites had destroyed the Spider Brethren orbiting Somahtur and then had later taken over a Spider Guild ship, ejecting all Spider Brethren aboard into space unprotected.

He knew it could not be the Lallorian that possessed Daxamite-level powers, because that youth had finally been captured in the dream-webs on Lallor.

Fear was beginning to form within the Spider Guild, and Tangleweb would not have that. These rumours of Daxamites at large had to be halted.

He spoke to his reflection in the view-screen which showed what was once Metropolis strangled with webs and crawling with Spiders... "They will not fear the Daxamites once we feast on them."

[ February 21, 2004, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

DEEP SPACE APPROACHING XANTHU

Dawnstar attempted to rest but found that sleep eluded her.

It was nice to rest her wings, though. Fortunately, the energy being called Wildfire needed no rest and his piloting skills were enough to work the Guild ship they had easily overtaken.

She peeked in on her allies. Ol-Vir and Jan Arrah slept the sleep of the innocent. Laurel was awake. She answered Dawnstar's unspoken question. "I slept for who knows how long in that cocoon. I rest but have no need for sleep right now."

"I can certainly understand that." Dawnstar replied.

She approached Wildfire at the navigation console. "Drake...?"

"Approaching Xanthu, Dawnstar... and not a sign of Spider Guild ships!"

"It was my understanding the planet was under siege."

"Mine too. Unless they've all made planetfall. And if they have, we are in for a rough time."

Dawnstar nodded.

"We'll find out soon enough, I suppose..." Drake continued. "...Entering Xanthu's atmosphere near the coordinates Brainiac 5 supplied me...."

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Drake and Dawnstar could not believe what they saw as they landed their Spider Guild ship on Xanthu.

There was no sign whatsoever that Xanthu was under attack or ever had been.

Laurel, Ol-Vir and Jan joined them and they exited the ship together.

"Stargods-- look! It's business as usual here..."

Suddenly Veilmist appeared before them. Beside her was a grinning lad with a star logo plastered across his chest.

"Master Drake, Mistress Dawnstar! You have joined us at last!"

"What's the situation, Veilmist?"

"I shall let my companion answer that question, Master Drake... this is Star Boy, leader of Xanthu's Amazers."

The smiling Star Boy was obviously pleased to meet his new allies. "You may have already noticed Xanthu hasn't fallen to the Spider Guild..." Star Boy chuckled. Dawnstar frowned. Star Boy's face suddenly took on a serious look in response. "Ummm... right. So... maybe it would be better to show you why rather than tell you... Veilmist?"

"At once, Master Thom."

And the 7 were gone.

The Spider Guild ship was already being taken apart by the Xanthu Sci-Police.

--------------------

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay!!! [StarBoy] [StarBoy] [StarBoy] [StarBoy]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, this just keeps getting better and better! Thom's here with the Amazers!

I love the way you write Dawnstar and that she has such a central role! Laurel too! And I can tell that you're having a blast writing Veilmist! [Smile]

We crave more when you get the chance!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
First chance I've had to read this Lasher...WOW! This is awesome! Wish it had been Mon but I think Laurel and Ol-Vir will make it much more intersting and unique. It's also great to see Dawny back in action and sweet Jan back to his old self.

Can't wait for more!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

THANKS Wayne, Cobie & Vee! Next section coming up this weekend... just how DID Xanthu escape the Spider Guild...?

--------------------

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
YAY! This is sooo good!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

The 7 reappeared in a vast metallic chamber.

Star Boy continued his explanation. "When the Guild first appeared on Xanthu, we were somewhat ready... The Amazers were able defeat the initial invaders. And we quickly learned that one of our teammates could keep the entire planet safe-- for a while, anyway..."

"He's talking about ME."

The assembled freedom fighters turned at the sound of the girl's voice.

Thom grinned with pride. "My allies, meet the Amazer we like to call Insect Queen."

Dawnstar had never quite encountered a being like this in any of her travels... from her chest up, she was a rather attractive redheaded humanoid female. From the torso down she was not that different from the Spider Guild race. Dawnstar also noticed 8 of the Spider Guild race that stood behind the girl. They stood motionless, as if in a trance.

Insect Queen approached Star Boy and put a finger directly in his face. "You can smile ALL you LIKE, Thom Kallor!! But I TOLD you, I have a LIFE! WHEN will I finally be able to shift back to normal??!! I swear, I'm about to go insane!!"

Star Boy looked nervously at his new allies, then faced Insect Queen. "Lana, sweetie, please. The time is coming soon. Brande is just about ready for us to make our move..."

"SAVE the sweetie CRAP for your Star Girl Zynthia! Do you know how long it's been since Atmos and I have had a moment together? Sometimes I wish I had never known that this damned Braalian arachnoid body could emit pheremones that placed other arachnids in thrall. FOR WEEKS I've been like this, Thom!! I tell you, I'm going mad! I need to be HUMAN again!! I don't know how much longer I can keep this form...!"

"You've been indispensible to Xanthu, Lana, a hero to every single person on the planet. We shall go contact Brande now and get an update. I'll send Atmos to fill you in."

"Just get the hell out, all of you!! Leave me with these repulsive slaves of mine!" Insect Queen turned and began to scuttle away. The Spider Guild thralls followed closely behind her.

Star Boy turned to Veilmist. "We'll have to tell Brande and Brainy. She's cracking. The disinformation she's had her Spider-slaves send Guild Command has kept Xanthu safe long enough. It's time to make that move we've been discussing."

"Indeed, Master Thom!"

"And what move would that be?" Dawnstar asked.

"Probably better to show you, once again..." Thom turned to Veilmist. The beautiful Khund tittered and the 7 were gone a split-second later.

--------------------

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Lash, this is so good! One surprise after the other!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Thanks, Juan... qualifying this as an ELSEWORLDS gives me lots of liberty to play with both pre & post-boot concepts, which is nice leeway to have.

FOR THE RECORD DEPT.:

This Insect Queen is indeed meant to be the post-boot IQ that is an Amazer, not Lana Lang. I just took the liberty of changing her name to Lana.

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This is lots of fun, Lash!

I had a feeling Insect Queen was going to be instrumental in a story featuring a Spider Guild. I *love* the 'voice' you've given her! And I like 'Lana' over 'L'onna' as a name anyday.

I was sorry you thought it'd be too obvious to include Infectious Lass, as writing characters you love is a *good* thing.

As is reading them... so a big 'thanks' for an Element Lad I can enjoy. Now just give him a big part!

Er-- in the story, that is [Roll Eyes]

TN

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.