Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion Elseworlds: FOOD for the SPIDER GUILD (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Legion Elseworlds: FOOD for the SPIDER GUILD
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I think we make an awesome team! I know it wouldn't be going nearly as well if I were trying to write it by myself.

I've actually been kind wondering what it would be like if we tried our hand at writing the regular Legion...

It's funny that we're writing it tag team style, without really communicating about what's going on except by waiting to see what the other one posts. Imagine if we were actually bouncing ideas off one another before we wrote them down!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Yowling Yeti! We'd be UNSTOPPABLE!!

Speaking of unstoppable-- aren't you kinda overdue for your next page of MEL:TS? *wink wink, nudge nudge*

And now, I'm on to the next section of THIS tale, which is also a bit overdue.....

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Veilmist appeared with Star Boy and Brainiac 5 in the office of her father.

"Thank you, daughter. I know you are weary, go rest."

Veilmist exited Brande's office on foot. Brainiac 5 noted to himself that he couldn't recall seeing her walk out of a room before.

"What's going on, RJ?" Star Boy asked.

"We seem to be at a bit of an impasse, Thom. I need the input of the co-leaders. I'm afraid we have some difficult decisions to make. We hold the fate of worlds in our hands. We must be very, very careful."

"Let's get to it then." Braniac said impatiently.

"First..." Brande hesitated. "...I'm afraid you will have some... very bad news to pass on to Rokk and Kort, our volunteers from Braal..."

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

1 WEEK LATER

DAWNSTAR

She prepared to depart Xanthu for Starhaven. She wanted to be there for the first few days post-Spider Guild. Her parents and brothers-- her entire planet-- were going to be awakening from weeks-long sleep and she would offer them guidance and explanation. But she would return to Xanthu when all was sorted out. Brande's offer was far too important to turn down.

MONSTERGIRL / SPACEBOY

Monstergirl held the sobbing Daxamite child. Only she could-- the force of his sobbing might cause injury to anyone else.

"Miss Candi..." the boy choked out. "Yes, sweet one?" "Do... do you think she'll come back? Will Laurel come back one day?"

Monstergirl held the boy even tighter. "Sweet boy! I... I just... don't know, Ol-Vir. But I promise you... I'll never leave you willingly. You will always have me."

Ol-Vir's crying abated somewhat as Monstergirl rocked back and forth.

STAR BOY / STAR GIRL

"I just don't know what to say."

"We had little choice, Zynthia! Would you rather we had sacrificed Imsk and Bismoll?"

"Thom, you know I'd follow you anywhere. I'm not questioning what happened. I'm just saying... I don't know what to say."

"Let's not talk about it then."

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ATMOS / INSECT QUEEN / KID QUANTUM

"So, what's your opinion of this whole thing, James? You've been an Amazer a lot longer than Lana or I."

"Hey! I'm cool with the whole thing. Really, nothing's changed for any of us except we've got more teammates now and are using a new name. No changes for us. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me."

Insect Queen stared at Atmos. "Oh, there's going to be changes." she said. "They're just not all apparent yet."

Atmos turned away from her gaze.

Kid Quantum stood up. "Whatever. Just as long as they don't cause me any hassle, I don't care." He exited the room and left Atmos and Insect Queen sitting in silence.

COSMIC / MAGNO

Kort felt almost guilty. His own parents had died years ago and he had no siblings. At least Rokk's breakdowns were becoming less and less frequent with each passing day.

"We thought Braal was safe...!" he sobbed.

"I know..." Kort replied.

"I never would have left them if I'd had any idea..."

"I know..." Kort replied.

"Everyone we knew... everyone we loved..."

"Well... not quite everyone..." Kort replied as he placed his arm around his friend to offer support.

HUNGER / CALORIE

"So, whatcha going to do, Cal? You staying or leaving?"

"I haven't made up my mind actually. But I'm leaning toward staying."

"Yeah. Me too. I figure this Legion gig would beat anything I've got going back home."

"Yeah."

"Hey! You wanna walk with me down to the Braal-Boys' quarters? I think I'll return Cosmo's benji. Maybe I could strum out some tunes and cheer him up?"

Calorie smiled despite herself. "I'll walk there with you. But you are NOT going to 'strum out some tunes'. The poor guy feels bad enough already."

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ICESTORM / WILDFIRE

"Be well, Drake."

"Hey, this isn't forever, ya know. But Earth's going to need a LOT of assistance recovering from the Spider Guild."

"I know, I know, it's cool."

"Everythings always cool with you!"

"They don't call me Icestorm for nothing! And I'll be sure to com-link when Dawnstar gets back."

"Do that, buddy. And be well yourself."

MYSTIC

Mysa considered this a victory for herself, anyway. Zerox emerged unscathed and there was no life lost on Naltor. But there was certainly going to be a lot of work ahead for her birth-planet. Though Mysa never developed precog abilities herself, she felt she could foresee the High Seer coming under heavy fire for letting Naltor fall prey to the Spider Guild. And she couldn't wait to burst Nura from the cocoon she had slept in these past weeks.

ELEMENT

Jan was so happy to be back on Trom with his family. He knew his parents were concerned because he wouldn't discuss what happened, but he just wasnt ready yet. And he didn't know if he ever would be ready. He would never be able to accept the decision Brande, Brainiac 5 and Star Boy made. There HAD to have been another way... but there he went again, dwelling on it.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

MALADY

Drura was grateful for the opportunity Brande had provided her. But what pleased her most was that she had inspired her home-planet so much. It could be nothing but good for her people that they assist the United Planets in restructuring post-Spider Guild. Lots of worlds needed help, and thousands of Somahturians were shipping out to provide that help. "Me. An inspiration." she said aloud. "Imagine that!"

RJ BRANDE / VEILMIST

"A leader must make all the tough decisions."

"That doesn't give him the right to doom millions."

"Is it right to doom millions if trillions or more are saved?"

"It doesn't feel right, daughter."

Veilmist leaned over and kissed Brande's cheek. "Never doubt that you are a good, decent, caring man. Be strong. Recovery is going to be a long process. The United Planets needs you. The Legion needs you."

"I will be strong, daughter, for you."

BRAINIAC 5

The air of Colu never tasted so sweet. And this situation could not have turned out better if he had planned the Spider Guild invasion himself. Daxamites were no longer a possible threat to the Universal Order and Colu remained untouched during the entire affair.

Brainiac tried to blot the thoughts of Andromeda out of his mind. Obsession would ill become him.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

VIOLET / MICRO

Micro saw Violet round the corrider. "Crap!" he thought. She'd seem him... it was too late to duck out.

She approached him and placed her face inches from his own. He broke out in a nervous sweat.

She spoke with just a hint of menace. "I've accepted Brande's offer to remain on Xanthu with The Legion. You, however, have decided to reject it and return to Imsk."

"Yes ma'am."

"You will be leaving for Imsk right away."

"Yes ma'am."

"I'm glad we agree."

The woman called Violet walked away. Micro stuck his tongue out at her back. "I saw that!" she called out without ever looking around.

Micro ran quickly to his quarters to pack.

ANDROMEDA

Deep space should be enough to soothe anyone, but Laurel Gand's rage would never subside. Never!

How could they have done it?

Negotiated with those monsters.

Traded her planet-- like its people were frelling commodities! GAVE her planet to the Spider Guild!! To keep their OWN planets safe!

She didn't care about what Brainiac 5 had said about Daxam's red sun. She'd reach Daxam in hours. She'd destroy each and every monster herself. She HAD to-- no one else would, obviously.

She was invincible now! She could do it. She WOULD do it!!

Moment by moment, Daxam drew ever closer...

[ April 03, 2004, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

THE END.

Comments pro & con appreciated.

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't want it to end, Lasher.

I wonder if there could be an espionage unit on Daxam in place to thwart the Spider Guild...

... though Andromeda as a villainess (temporarily, I'd hope) with the motivation you've given her would be pretty interesting. *Especially* if a Legionnaire had an impossible-to-ignore crush on her!

I'd forgotten how much I liked Kort before he became an out-of-nowhere villain. I wish the power-that-were had named Magno Kort, as I've always *hated* the idea of a Dyrk (as in Magno) and a Dirk (as in Morgna) coexisting as characters in the same comic.

The 'real-life- coincidence isn't worth the very real confusion.

So thanks for the glimpse of a heroic Kort. Now, what rejects are left? Phantom Lad, Esper Lass and... and... I'm blanking. Was the sixth reject a Durlan?

Y'know-- the super-rejects are a pretty neglected bunch of potential, aren't they?

I hope you return to this 'universe' for more stories some time.

Thanks for sharing this one.

TN

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Did enjoy it Lasher just didn't understand the ending... [Frown]

Okay, I'm the first to admit I'm thick!

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I didn't want it to end, Lasher. ***Very kind of you to say, Toddkins.

I wonder if there could be an espionage unit on Daxam in place to thwart the Spider Guild...

... though Andromeda as a villainess (temporarily, I'd hope) with the motivation you've given her would be pretty interesting. *Especially* if a Legionnaire had an impossible-to-ignore crush on her! ***I can't see Andromeda as a villainess here, myself. More like a freedom-fighter, maybe. The Legion would probably call her a villainess, though.

I'd forgotten how much I liked Kort before he became an out-of-nowhere villain. I wish the power-that-were had named Magno Kort, as I've always *hated* the idea of a Dyrk (as in Magno) and a Dirk (as in Morgna) coexisting as characters in the same comic.

So thanks for the glimpse of a heroic Kort. ***More XXXs to Vee for sparking the idea. I loved Kort as a kid-- that HAIR! those LEGS! I kinda like the unique situation he and Rokk have found themselves in-- last survivors of Braal (as far as they know).

I hope you return to this 'universe' for more stories some time.

Thanks for sharing this one. Maybe someday, now that everything is in place. Thanks, Todd, for reading and I'm loving DDD thus far!!

[ April 05, 2004, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Did enjoy it Lasher just didn't understand the ending... [Frown]

Okay, I'm the first to admit I'm thick!

In my haste to wrap things up, I may have not made things as clear as they should have been.

Brande, Brainiac 5 and Star Boy gave Daxam (and the already decimated Braal) to the Spider Guild in exchange for the safety of Imsk & Bismoll, (and the Guild's exodus from the other UP worlds they had conquered).

Which explains why Andromeda is flying to Daxam despite the fact that she will likely lose her powers and die in airless space before making planetfall.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, I finally had a few moments to read this. I loved it! I'm only sad to see this end, I really enjoying reading your writing. Your style is just so enthusiastic about the characters, I can't help but get drawn in.

I want you to return to this story and these characters for part II! You've created your own cool world, and I want to read more about the Lash/Spider-Guild-verse!

And I really liked the way you wrote Dawnstar, Star Boy and a variety of other characters. I think there's a ton of potential for Rokk here now, especially with Kort and Tenzil--a friendship I never really considered until you wrote it on the last page.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Thanks for the kind words, Cobie! You're always my most enthusiastic fan and I appreciate you!

I admit to being intriuged by a Kort/Taryn (considering their preboot history together)/Tenzil/Rokk clique.

I very well might return to this Universe for a "Chapter Two" sometime.

There's tons of unanswered questions that could be explored.

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.