Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Matter-Eater Lad: The Series CHAT THREAD (Page 27)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32   
Author Topic: Matter-Eater Lad: The Series CHAT THREAD
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
That Zappadah whatsit really needs somebody to give it a theme song like "Zappadah-Doo-Dah, Zappadah-Ay..." [Smile]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Still strangely compelling!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Strangely compelling is exactly what we're going for!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
That beats "really crappy" ANYday!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

For some reason, the phrase "by jingos" really cracked me up.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

"By jingos" is the Southern gentleman version of "By damn".

Because unlike that potty-mouth RJ Brande, Uncle Space would never use *real* swear words!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Jillikers! just 'cause I've all got a hot new boyfriend and stuff doesn't mean Eryk shouldn't write his next MEL&TLSH page!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Crap! It's been like a month since the last page was posted! Er... new page tonight!
Eryk Davis Ester

Only three pages away from finishing #3! And things look bad for Lester!
Eryk Davis Ester

I can't believe it took so long for someone to make fun of Dowal's hat!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

*tee hee!*

Hey, I'm around all afternoon if you wanna wrap # 3 up today!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Next page is done!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Mine coming shortly-- gotta go get the laundry out of the dryer real quick--!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

DONE!

I like the homage to old "test/competition" issues of the Legion; Dowal was certainly amusing to write (ad read!); Sun Boy and Thunder got in a little action; Poor Blast-Off and Insect Queen seemed to get the short end of the stick.

Zoe returning to HQ as the Legion's sexy nurse, maybe? I *really* like that idea. Ethel and the Emerald Eyes = real creepy. How long before she goes after the Empress' eye?

And we manage to touch on the Toonar/Calorie Queen/Dreamer/Uncle Sam/captured relatives subplots too. We space-rock and super-roll!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

I was worried about Insect Queen and Blast Off getting ignored as well. I kept trying to come up with a way that IQ took Sun Boy's place in the punching scene, but it just seemed like Dirk was the perfect character to do it. And I expect *that* might have ramifications down the line as well.
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.