Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Matter-Eater Lad: The Series CHAT THREAD (Page 25)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  30  31  32   
Author Topic: Matter-Eater Lad: The Series CHAT THREAD
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"There's a new girl in town... and she's KINETIX!?!?"
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hm, what about EDE's old idea for Zoe?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jeepers! That was 11 months ago! I have *no idea* what that (no doubt) brilliant idea was anymore!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Willikers! I feel sorry for the kindly maintenance man.

Loved Nura's dialogue on page 17, EDE!

And it seems the green flying worm swarm thingies have become a major threat!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I knew there was no better way to establish the pure evil that is Murdermaton than have him kill a kindly maintainance man in front of a bunch of schoolchildren!
Eryk Davis Ester

Oh, remind me sometime to think up a reason why Thunder uses "Shazam" as her magic word instead of the clunkier "Captain Marvel".
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

So, issue # 1 of MEL&tLSH is done! Pretty good work, I think.

I like that:

*We established multiple future plots/stories here (What's up with the Dominion? Who is the doctor Murdermaton was working for? What's the deal with Uncle Space? And let us not forget creepy kidnapper guy!)

*Everyone got at least a little moment in the spotlight (Storm Boy being the one who probably got the least).

*We pretty quickly set up several inter-team relationships.

*We left plenty of room to develop/explain how this current Legion got set up.

I'm wary of:

*Setting a precedent for "A" and "B" and "bench" teams. Was less fond of the idea after I worte it. Hopefully, I tossed that possibility down the space-toilet when Tenzil gave his shout-out to the members he left at the HQ. Now that everything's out in the open, they're all going to have to pull their weight.

*Getting too silly; hopefully the "grandma slippers" and "Nura's interprative dance" stuff wasn't too off the wall.

Early favorites to write:

Outside of those who were in the MEL:TS cast, I'm thinking I'm going to have a LOT of fun with Dreamer, Braino and Hate-Face.

Upon rereading, it seems that Thunder probably got the most face-time. I wouldn't have thought she would be the "star" of # 1, but I like her so far.

EDE, any comments before I start # 2 tomorrow?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

You know... the first issue reads better now that's it's finished than I thought it did while we were writing it.

I think we did a good job of hitting on a number of different elements, some of which were kind of surprising on the reread.

I like a lot of the relationships we set up in the first issue, particularly the Andromeda/Thunder rivalry. I think it's quite nice just how many things we set up in the issue.

I too would be cautious of getting too silly, but I don't think we went overboard with this issue. I actually have plans to follow up on the "grandma slippers" comment next issue. I wasn't too big on the different level teams, either, but it did solve the problem of how to avoid sending the entire team to the zoo, which would have seemed excessive. One way we might go in the future is to have mission teams consisting of the "A-teamers" leading the less experienced members.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

So, perhaps it was Dean's recent MEL/LSH art that spurred it, but a flurry of creativity today resulted in the finishing of issue 2!

And if I do say so myself, it space-rawks!

All 17 members get their moment, and no less than !FIVE! subplots continue on towards various conclusions, proving that we are second only to Paul Levitz in this department!

Throw in Uncle Space, Marte Allon and Eyeful Ethel, and maybe even Kitchen Sink Kid!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

One of the things I liked about #2 was the way we broke up the teams, creating some interesting combinations of Legionnaires to interact with one another.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I [Love] you two for using Zoe! And Nightwind and Drura too.

And somehow, the way you write makes me able to visualize each of the characters. Great job!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Zoe will be heavily featured in the current issue!
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Will this be human Zoe or Hypertaxed Zoe?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

You'll have to read it to see.

--------------------

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
D'oh!
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.