Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Suncat's LSH works (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Suncat's LSH works
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Laurie,
SO glad you're here, posting all this stuff!!!! Thank you!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
YAY!!!

I did stuff like this, I never posted it because I don't believe this to be a big Utena place, if I can find them I share with you my ideas for my super powered Utena cast.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
Tempest said:

quote:

I did stuff like this, I never posted it because I don't believe this to be a big Utena place, if I can find them I share with you my ideas for my super powered Utena cast.

I wasn't going to post this stuff either, until I saw the amount of non-LSH work in other people's galleries. And given that I'm keeping a very strong visual LSH theme in my story, I thought it would be okay.

I'd love pointers to other Legion/whatever crossovers that might be here at Legion World. There is just so much material here, I'm afraid I'll never find all the things of interest to me.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's Utena Tenjou herself, whose power is super speed.

-

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

When writing about an ensemble cast, I like to draw out how the character relate to each other, size-wize.

-

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suncat:
Tempest said:

quote:

I wasn't going to post this stuff either, until I saw the amount of non-LSH work in other people's galleries. And given that I'm keeping a very strong visual LSH theme in my story, I thought it would be okay.

I'd love pointers to other Legion/whatever crossovers that might be here at Legion World. There is just so much material here, I'm afraid I'll never find all the things of interest to me.

Most people are just happy to see others artwork, you can post stuff from anything and we will gladly take a look at it.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

I don't have all the characters drawn yet, but here's a list of the characters who are Legion members and their powers.

Utena Tenjou - super speed
Wakaba Shinohara - super strength, agility, acrobatics (think Timber Wolf)
Touga Kiryuu - temperature control, both heat and cold
Nanami Kiryuu - empathy, emotion projection
Juri Arisugawa - telepathy, limited precognition
Ruka Tsuchiya - matter state manipulation (remember Quicksand?)
Miki Kaoru - electricity control
Kozue Kaoru - electricity control
Kyouichi Saionji - weapons master, martial arts
Keiko Sonoda - insubstantiability
Tatsuya Kazami - invisibility
Mitsuru Tsuwabuki - darkness and light manipulation (sort of a combination of Shadow Lass and Sun Boy)
Shiori Takatsuki - shrinking, martial arts

As for the other major characters Anthy, Akio, Mikage, Mamiya and Tokiko, they also have roles in this story but they are not Legion members.

[ October 24, 2005, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: Suncat ]

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I love them all Laurie!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Suncat:
 -  -

--------------------

Suncat
Field Researcher

quote:
Originally posted by Tempest:
Suncat:

<snip absolutely darling micros>

Ohmigosh! These are great! I can't decide which eyes I like. Maybe the cat's eyes manifest when I'm using my powers--which I will talk about once I figure out what they might be. Heat generation and super-sonic purr?

Thank you so much, Tempest.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe heat generation *while* purring? Soft purrs could put people into a drowsy state in which they are susceptible to suggestion. Louder 'meows' could be heat blasts...

I've enjoyed seeing your work- thanks for posting it!

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

I always figured that you would have feline senses and reflexes, along with heat powers, and you would use your powers to make fiery claws around your hands.

--------------------

mon-el73
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mon-el73   Email mon-el73         Edit/Delete Post     
Beautiful, and all the imagery (I don't know if you like Steve Lightle, but I hope you take this as a compliment when I say, if he ever thought about his legacy, it's in good hands--- love the mon-el, dream girl, shadow lass artwork!)and ideas
evoke a lot of creative thought. Apologies for being an ignoramus, but the Utena selection has such an apparently rich history that I'm unfortunately not familiar with. Hope to see more! literally more power, Suncat!
Um, links to your other art?

From: Philippines | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Suncat Studio
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

If you want to watch Utena, start from the beginning, don't even attempt to start from anywhere else.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.