Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt... (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt...
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm awaiting the outcome so I can fill in just how dastardly her plot is [Big Grin]

Keep firing away those questions folks!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie,

Who invented Whordru and what is her current status in the LMB'verse

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Whordru was invented in the very earliest weeks of the LMB and was established as a very hot woman who happened to have a very disgusting white beard a la Mordru. Of course, the Time Trapper and Mordru would be the first direct spoofs on LSH villains, although the correct order of apearances for LMB villains goes like this: BJ Boy & Hummer Lass, Time Mouse Trapper, Salad-Tosser Lord, Entropy Spinach, Whordru.

Whordu, I'm almost certain, is a creation of Lardy's, although that specific thread/post has been lost to us. Mainly, it was a throwaway concept at first.

Later, in Year Two, Whordru became the surprise enemy in the tag thread "Revolt of the Girl LMBers!" in Year Two, added in by either Lash or Lardy, which I'd have to check. This thread has been lost along with the L* Board, except Loser Lad secretly has it saved and has sent it to me, so we both have it on our computers. He's going to upload it to the LMB Archives someday soon.

Whordru has been referred to many times over the years but never has played a central part in any LMB story. In the 'Ongoing Tag Thread' there was two pages of her battling the LMB.

Recently, Lardy has explored the character in his Onevision "Turning Point", and explains the connection between Whordru and the much worse LMB enemy Mordra the Harlot. So far, all appearances by Whordru have been set in Year One.

The current Year Six status of Whordru is that she is still a major LMB enemy, still imprisoned after her battle with the LMB in "The Ongoing Tag Thread" and still have a white beard.

Lardy might be able to verify who invented Whordru, but the name alone seems to stem from either me or him out of all the early Year One posters, and I know I didn't create her.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie

I know that Lucien Lad is one of the longest continuously serving members of the LMBP, but who is actually the longest continuosly serving member? Lash? Beagz? And second to that who are the members who have been around from the start but have taken breaks from the group?

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ah! A great question!

To clarify, there have been minor posting periods where people haven’t been totally active, but remained active to a specific extent. In a sense, they had always continuously been around.

Here are the longest serving members of the LMB who have served faithfully and continuously without any interruptions:

Lash Lad – LMB founder, has been part of every era of the LMB.
Crusader/Princess Crujectra – Around since the first or second day of the LMB, been a part of every era also. A LMB founder in every sense of the word.

*These two are the longest serving consecutive members, since March 2000.

Sketch Lad – member since early Year One, sometime in late March/April 2000. Dean has been involved with the LMB in some level of activity since the founding.
Lucien Lad – member since early Year One, appr. April 2000.
Faraway Lad – member since Summer/Fall 2000, Year One in real time, Year Two in continuity.

*Sketch Lad, Lucien Lad (aka Bevis, Gaylipso, etc.) and Faraway Lad are the only other three members from the early days to consecutively have served.

Poverty Lad – From October 2001, Year Three in LMB Continiuity.

*Pov is probably the only other LMBer to have had such a long run, serving consistently since 2001.

In my opinion, many other LMBers have been a part of the LMB for a long time, such as Beagz (first week) and Ultra Matt (Year three), but almost all of these posters have taken a period of time off from posting, so I wouldn’t count them as consecutive runs. After Pov, any others to do so would be after Year Three, so it wouldn’t really count as ‘the longest’.

If you can believe it, no Alt IDs have ever served consecutively for that long of a run, other than Princess Crujectra from appr. September 2000. The longest to have done so would be Space Tart from April 2000 – May 2003, but then that character had a period of inactivity.

Members around from the start that have taken breaks from the LMB
I’ll only count members that have remained a part of the LMB for a long period of time.

Lash Lad – LMB Founder
Lard Lad – LMB Founder (breaks in most recent years)
Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass – LMB Founder (breaks throughout membership)
Cobalt Kid – LMB Founder (break in Fall/Winter 2000, return and then break in Spring 2001, return and then long break Summer 2002-Summer 2003).
Mystery Lad/Tsarin Kid – LMB Founder (break throughout early years of LMB)
Crusader/Princess Crujectra
Beagle Boy – (long break about a year ago)
Rhino
Greybird
Loser Lad – long break from Early 2001 – Summer 2004
Dev-Em – breaks throughout
Sketch Lad
Looks that Kill Lad – Paul was a consistent member since the first month throughout LMB history until he passed away in Early 2004.
Space Tart – The only Alt ID from the earliest days of the LMB, Space Tart has been a major part of its history.
Shark Lad – member since late April/May 2000, break from Winter 2000 – Fall 2003, return for a period until break around Early 2004, appears occasionally
Lucien Lad

*These are the earliest members from the LMB’s early days that have maintained a presence since then. I think it is important to have an honorable mention for Seahorse, who was with the LMB from Day One (LMB Founder) until Summer 2002, and was very much a major part of the LMB.

Other members from Year One, still very early days:
Faraway Lad
Kid Psychout – who occasionally shows up on LW, but was a part of the LMB for a long time.
Dedman – part of the LMB since Winter 2000, stayed a part for a long time, then a long break from roughly Spring 2002 – Fall 2004.

After that, I count the other members, despite being around for years, as not the earliest members.

For a complete listing of every single LMBer, including those that are still not around but were once a major, major part of the LMB, check out The LMB Continuity & Timeline. Above is how I’d break it out though, in regards to how we specified it.

[ November 04, 2005, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Oh, other LMBer from early months of year one:

Carggaphile (aka Man from Carrgg)
Armsfalloffboy

The reason I forget these two occasionally is because they didn’t necessarily participate in LMB-related activity after about the first few weeks, although have returned to active posting in Legion related activity (not LMB related) after their initial breaks.

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Boy... I really AM a dinosaur! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes but a lovely one with great boobs. [Razz]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Great Googly Moogly! Have I been around for that long.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gay-lipso:
Yes but a lovely one with great boobs. [Razz]

Breasteasaurus [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
You Guys (and Gal) is old! [LOL]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie where are my pants?

Why did nobody want to hang out in subs cave with me?

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
What year is it now

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, I no make da' list...

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm old in spirit.

Does that count?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.