Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt... (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt...
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
Oh! And by the way, just how did Space Ranger and Emerald Empress die? I missed those...was that part of our version of Infinite Crisis? (missed that too) Did I glance somewhere that Faraway died, too? (I'm guessing that was overturned since he's not listed as deceased in the list)

Anyone else of note die recently? If so, who and how?

Both Emerald Empress and Space Ranger recently died in LMB Infinite Crisis. Emerald Empress was killed by the Anti-Moderator as she searched for Varalent, because she held some of the knowledge needed to defeat him. Space Ranger was killed by the Red Bee (an LMB traitor and mastermind behind the “Good, the Dark and the Dead Saga”) after he launched a massive villain attack on Legion World (titled “Villains United”).

In my mind, its really a turning point in the history of the LMB on Legion World. Two falls ago, when I first came to LW, I arrived at a time where certain posters registered within one week of one another: Space Ranger, Emerald Empress, Royal Inquisitor, Kara and myself. All four are alt IDs for those that don’t know. The funny thing is, all of this happened without any of the posters contacting one another, and ironically, the real poster of Kara contacted me and told me he’d probably have her die in the Crisis, but then most not have gotten access to his computer and never got the chance. So there was going to be a forth casualty. Also, Royal Inquisitor has officially turned good and now is in love with Quislet, Esq., which marks a major change of his character. In my mind, certain things that happened during that fall of two years ago marked the beginning of a new era for the LMB on Legion World, and its funny that all of those new characters (and me) were effected this time around, two years later when another change has happened.

Faraway Lad didn’t die during Infinite Crisis, though he came close a few times.

There haven’t been many other recent LMBers to die, although it depends on your view of recent. I’ll answer some more questions and give a complete list, as well as some key LMB allies.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

On ‘Reign of the Dark Lard’ and the Final LMB Story

It’s funny you guys brought all this up, because its something I was thinking about as I wrote the above list. I’ve come to think of “Reign of the Dark Lard” as *thee* final LMB story in the sense that the LMB afterwards will not be the LMB before. However, I also think there *will* be an LMB after, and it would be an LMB that shows hope and promise after a period of sadness and desperation. However, the effects of ‘Reign’ would be deep and would create major change for a variety of characters. The LMB would not be the same again, so really, there could be future LMB stories, but they really wouldn’t be absolutely necessary. The LMB’s story could have its ending there, with the knowledge that it would live on.

What I mean is that essentially Spider-Man could have ended with Amazing Spider-Man #33 back in 1967 and the series would have had a finite ending in the sense that the character had moved so far. However, it of course didn’t and we’ve moved on quite a bit from there. But it really could have reached its conclusion to a very dramatic progression in terms of character. That’s what ‘Reign’ will do to the LMB.

Of course, being a fan of serialized story-telling, I know in my heart that I’d still want to see (and probably write) a post-Reign LMB story.

I’m extremely interested in what the bullet points would be for ‘Reign’. Some months (years?) back, I had begun to imagine Cobalt Kid at that point and created in my mind a set story for him (and Space Tart) in the future, and what would happen to their characters. Needless to say, ‘Reign’ might actually the be-all/end-all of Cobalt Kid and complete his journey. What would become of him after? Would he be there after? I have an idea.

And no worries Lardy, there’s plenty of time to tell it [Wink] . And, as I’ve offered, I’m always willing to help in some way, without stealing your thunder!

I also like the progression of Lucien Lad and Lash Lad and I can perhaps see the two of them moving on towards the path they take to get to where they are by the end of the multiverse sometime during and/or right after ‘Reign’. The very nature of the two characters power (on the assumption that Lash still has the retcon powers, or if the Lash/TMT connection still exists—we’ll have to see [Big Grin] ) could lead them to be instrumental in the story of ‘Reign’, or on a different note, very instrumental in the ‘aftermath of Reign’.

Maybe a list of immortal LMBers is in order? [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Now, I have a question for you though: to be honest, I kind of got burnt out on LMB Infinite Crisis and couldn't quite keep up with the end. I'm going to reread the whole thing eventually and sort it out, but you can help me regarding Gay-Lipso. Did Lucien Lad and Gay-Lipso (Earth-4 Glamour Puss) remain two people in one essence? Did Lucien Lad keep the Gay-Lipso powers? From your post, I can see we're already sorting out exactly how to define them.

Actually, you're guess is as good as mine at this point. I was away for a couple of days right in the middle of the Crisis and missed most of the end of it so something else might have happened, but... My intention was that Lucien Lad and Glamour Puss (both in their Gay-lipso indentities) would work together but that they woulnd't actually merge. Then at the end of Crisis Glamour Puss would probably be returned to Earth 4, but with the possibility of a return. Since we already know that Lucien Lad is prone to going evil it sems a little pointless to have another evil alternate version of him runnign around, although the idea of their being one Lucien Lad who is good but prone to evil and one who is evil but prone to doing good, is quite funny. The Gay-lipso powers would be lost though (at least for the time being) because Lucien Lad actually had the Earth 4 black diamond and Glamour Puss had the Earth 1 black diamond and once the dimensional rift was healed the diamonds wouldn't work (unless a later story calls for them to). Thus Lucien Lad is the only version of him left on Earth 1 and while he does have a black diamond that could potentially turn him into Gay-lipso again it doesn't actually work at the moment because it's in the wrong universe. Possibly I need to write some kind of coda to Crisis to that effect, but that's what the plan was. Like I say though I might have missed a different development later on in Crisis though.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

quote:
Faraway Lad didn't die during Infinite Crisis, though he came close a few times.

But he did die in an earlier story. he got better though (how's that for summing up an entire story arc? [Wink] )

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gay-lipso:
quote:
Faraway Lad didn't die during Infinite Crisis, though he came close a few times.

But he did die in an earlier story. he got better though (how's that for summing up an entire story arc? [Wink] )
Brilliant [Big Grin]

Now do a summary of Legion issues 1 to 11 in the same way [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Kids rock. But they also argue. Then it all goes a bit fubar.

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I think that, realistically, any LMBP stories taking place in the future would have to be regarded as probable (but not definite) futures. Who knows what paths our characters might take between now and then? Heck, since year one I've lost my Sani-Fresh powers, become a woman, had babies, had babies retconned out of existence, become twins and gained an array of psionic powers [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

tch, yeah, like that hasn't happened to *everyone*. Well, the retconned babies anyway. [Wink]

Oooh, speaking of which, here's another question for Cobie (just because I don't like to think of him being bored at home with nothing to do), which LMBPers have actually had children and what happened to said offspring? and have any of them actually managed to get away without being retconned out of existence?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Gay-lipso:
Oooh oooh oooh, two new questions.

And secondly the LMBp has had a fair few 'celebrity' guest stars over the years (Cher, Elvis, Catherine the Great, Frankie Muniz etc) but who are the most important ones, and were any of them *actually* the real celebs (I'm pretty sure Cher was but I'm not sure about any of the others).

I’ll do the second one first, and see if I can fit the other one in during work throughout the day [Big Grin]

The list of celebrities that have helped the LMB is actually pretty long, so I’ll only include the most important. Before I do, I’ll say that there were a plethora of celebrities appearing in “Hot Summer Nights” and even “Doom of the Super-Heroes”, more than I’m going to list below. Some would even be snuck in (most famously was Lardy sneaking in one without anyone noticing). Here’s where we stand:

Catherine the Great – Catherine the Great (and her horse) is actually a full-on recurring LMB villainess that battles them from time to time. She first appears in Year Three (in continuity) and had some fights there, and appeared sparingly since. This stems from the Emessage Board, where you could post under any username without giving an email or password—which caused these types of names to appear repeatedly. Catherine the Great began to appear repeatedly, most often used by Lardy (of course) and almost developed an LMB type persona (horse jokes of course ensued). I added her to my LMB continuity timeline to present a new foe for the era where Seahorse and Stu were leaders, since there was so many new members and so little tag stories, and it fit nicely into the era of the Emessage forum.

Dr. Albert Hoffman – Dr. Hoffman is a real life scientist from the 1930’s, who is most famous for accidentally creating LSD. I found this out in LMB Year Three and created the character as my alt ID for the Phineas Board during that era, which was subsequently one of the ones deleted by the moderator when Lash and I famously went on a rampage. Upon coming to Legion World, I created an origin story for The Pious One and Dark Conan (my other alts) to explain where Cobalt had been throughout the years of his comings and goings, and in doing so, combined the characters of Dr. Albert Hoffman and the Pious One. Thus, Dr. Hoffman is Cobalt Kid’s arch-nemesis, and is responsible for his many disappearances and leaving the LMB, physically mentally torturing Cobalt Kid, ensuring that Cobalt Kid will never live to raise his own children and that most would be demons, robots and future world conquerors, and causing a rift between him and Space Tart. Dr. Hoffman is currently believed to be dead following my own Onevision “The Tale of Dr. Albert Hoffman”.

Elvis/others – many other celebrities were used in “Return of Dev-Em”, and then the Ongoing Tag Story, and then many times since, and almost always they turned out to be none other than Madrox the Multiple Durlan. During the opening parts of “Return of Dev-Em” things got really confusing right away, so I came up with the idea to write it all off as being a bunch of Durlans—but even better, one Durlan who could clone himself, thus creating a villain that could fight the entire LMB. Madrox the Multiple Durlan subsequently appeared in almost every tag story since, usually for a post or two before some kills him off, which makes it even funnier, since he can keep coming back because its easy to write it off as a clone dying. Abin particularly has found this amusing and you can see Everyday Girls’ response in the latest Halloween tag thread regarding Madrox. Madrox also serves to explain away random celebrity appearances that don’t stick for whatever reason.

Frankie Muniz – As I mentioned, many celebrities appeared in ‘Hot Summer Nights’, but one celebrity in particular has made it into LMB lore. He first appeared in Hot Summer Nights, not only as a guest-star but a full-blown LMBer! For a few panels he helped out in a mission, but then he ended up dying, making the ultimate sacrifice (killed by Lucifer Lass and the One Called the One). Normally these things would have been forgotten, but this was not so: Frankie’s statue was shown being seen erected in “Doom of the Super-Heroes” under the name “Explosion Reversal Lad”, which was then given to him as a moniker. Thus, Frankie was an LMBer who died in battle. Now, we’ve decided that all LMBers that are not actually alts but story creations are designated the title ‘Honorary LMBers’ to make sure they are differentiated from actual posters and alts, so that is how he’ll be remembered. His origin and first meeting with the LMB have yet to be revealed, as well as if this was the true Frankie Muniz of one thousand years before.

Gary Coleman – Another LMBer introduced in ‘Hot Summer Nights’ was actually Gary Coleman, and like Frankie, was not only a guest star, but an actual member! Like I said above, this now makes him an ‘Honorary Member’ of the LMB. However, like Frankie, he two was killed in “Hot Summer Nights” by the One Called the One and Lucifer Lass (or at least by things caused by them), and most assuredly has his own statue. He never has received a codename as of yet. Ten points for someone to name him as long as it’s funny!

Cher – One character that’s a bit more fleshed out, despite only a few posts, is Cher. Cher first appeared in “The Day Legion World Stood Still” (Spring 2004) and was revealed to be the actually Cher we know today in our own time. She also exhibited the powers of teleportation, low level spell casting, and wielding a soul sword. Basically, Cher is like Magik of Marvel New Mutants fame, only its Cher who wields the power. She hasn’t appeared since, but its established she’s an ally of the LMB (not an Honorary LMBer).

Dollyputo – I spoke about Dollyputo on page two, but needless to say, she’s the combined personalities of Lucien Lad, Lash Lad and Dolly Parton, in computer form that can materialize as a hologram. She’s the LMB’s computer, and thus an LMB ally (not Honorary Member). First appearance in “Return of Dev-Em” (Fall 2003), and subsequent appearances here and there, most prominently in “The Day Legion World Stood Still”.

Roger Moore, Samantha Fox and Dolly the Sheep – All members of LMB lore, introduced in Numf-El’s Onevision-like story in the “Ongoing Tag Thread”, who met Numf and Harbinger as they traveled through Scotland. After this adventure, LMB Adventures Magazine hired them all as part of their staff, which stems from Abin enjoying these characters so much, he added them to his interludes which involved Eddie Tor, Trixie, etc.

Am I missing more? I feel like I am, but I don’t have time to read through the timeline.

The following note was inserted by Abin, Just becaue he CAN!

(Yep, you forgot Dusty Baker, who was an integral part of the "Stupid Friggen Giant Ants" story and the immortal JSMBP Story in the Ongoing Thread)

[ November 10, 2005, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... I feel like I should contribute something to this discussion but for the life of me I can't come up with anything that you guy haven't already said.

Well, there is one thing. In looking at that top ten list (which is really a top 15 or 20 list) I guess I'm not real comfortable with the fact that I have three personna's (counting Pagan Lass) on that list. So I suppose that's the basic reason Space Ranger had to die.

But, Now that he's dead I really miss using him to needle a few posters around here. And Gary wouldn't let me close the ID, so maybe...

But it would have to be done exactly right...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
Actually, you're guess is as good as mine at this point. I was away for a couple of days right in the middle of the Crisis and missed most of the end of it so something else might have happened, but... My intention was that Lucien Lad and Glamour Puss (both in their Gay-lipso indentities) would work together but that they woulnd't actually merge. Then at the end of Crisis Glamour Puss would probably be returned to Earth 4, but with the possibility of a return. Since we already know that Lucien Lad is prone to going evil it sems a little pointless to have another evil alternate version of him runnign around, although the idea of their being one Lucien Lad who is good but prone to evil and one who is evil but prone to doing good, is quite funny. The Gay-lipso powers would be lost though (at least for the time being) because Lucien Lad actually had the Earth 4 black diamond and Glamour Puss had the Earth 1 black diamond and once the dimensional rift was healed the diamonds wouldn't work (unless a later story calls for them to). Thus Lucien Lad is the only version of him left on Earth 1 and while he does have a black diamond that could potentially turn him into Gay-lipso again it doesn't actually work at the moment because it's in the wrong universe. Possibly I need to write some kind of coda to Crisis to that effect, but that's what the plan was. Like I say though I might have missed a different development later on in Crisis though.

I like that, especially the part about the Earth-4 evil Lucien Lad having a tendency to do good. And it closes the story but leaves things wide open. Cool!

quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Hmmm... I feel like I should contribute something to this discussion but for the life of me I can't come up with anything that you guy haven't already said.

Well, there is one thing. In looking at that top ten list (which is really a top 15 or 20 list) I guess I'm not real comfortable with the fact that I have three personna's (counting Pagan Lass) on that list. So I suppose that's the basic reason Space Ranger had to die.

But, Now that he's dead I really miss using him to needle a few posters around here. And Gary wouldn't let me close the ID, so maybe...

But it would have to be done exactly right...

I miss Space Ranger too--probably in my top five favorite LMB personnas ever. You always knew it was him [Big Grin]

Its' funny how you really didn't mean for it to be that way too...Abin got the Green Lantern ring whether you were willing to have it or not [Wink]

And jeez, you guy are tough to keep up with! [Big Grin] (you know I love it)

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Update

One other bunch of real life people (kinda). Lisp Lass in "Doom of the Super-Heroes" raised the undead cast of the Facts of Life as her underlings. It's fitting this isn't on the official list though, as they were undead and not the real thing [Big Grin]

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie check the new ending to your Guest Stars post!

[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

[LOL]

How could I forget Dusty!

Dusty Baker is another Honorary Member of the LMB, and an Honorary Member of the JSMBP! He first appeared in 'The Ongoing Tag Thread', and as an intergral part of the Great Cogaaad Saga and Rody’s trip backwards in time.

Another one:

Time Boy – Listed on the first page of this thread, there is also Time Boy, a young H. G. Wells. The real life author actually discovered how to travel through time and became a heroic time traveler throughout his youth. This actually started on a one-off post by me in “The Ongoing Tag Team Thread”, followed by a post by Abin killing off H.G. Wells by Lucifer Lass dropping a bed on him! Funny enough, this was an older H.G. Wells, and I liked the idea of Wells at the end of his career killed by Lucifer Lass, but only after a length 60+ career of time-traveling adventures. Thus, I had it so that when he was younger, HG Wells helped an older version of the LMB (our current year) under the moniker Time Boy, unaware he would one day be killed by their side in their past!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget Esther Rolle, revealed to be an alternate version of me!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.