Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt... (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt...
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Able to travel the width of the galaxy in the time it takes Lardy to assimilate a ham sandwich ... and yet I'm out of the top 15, below someone who pulls things out of people's asses?

Tsk tsk.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Des, could I have a link(s) to the thread(s) that tell this Earth-4 story to save me from digging)? It sounds like something I gotta read!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Des I've just finished reading through this thread - I've been reading two pages a day - and it's great, you're a total stalwart for doing this.

One query - I was a daxamite? [Confused] I suppose high gravity does explain my height [LOL]

Thank you Cobie

More!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Has Cobalt Kid ever been changed into living cobalt?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
What's a "numf"?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Is Fat Cramer* a cat?

*The LW persona, not the poster, or the cat. If that makes sense.

[ November 14, 2005, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: STU ]

Stu
Time Trapper

What does the "cobalt" in "Cobalt Kid" refer to?
Stu
Time Trapper

Why is "LARDLAD" always capitalized? Could it actually be an acronym of some sort?
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't Richard Simmons supposed to make an appearance to single-handedly wipe out the "manboobies" in the recent LMB "Infinite Crisis"? Those guys definitely needed "downsizing"...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
Why is "LARDLAD" always capitalized? Could it actually be an acronym of some sort?

Who knows, Stationary Tits-Up man? [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
Des, could I have a link(s) to the thread(s) that tell this Earth-4 story to save me from digging)? It sounds like something I gotta read!

Summary of Crisis on Earth-4! I think you’ll really enjoy this Lardy!

Here is the story “Crisis on Earth-4!”

Here is a breakdown of the SMB, although it might not be as up to date as the Timeline Summary, which is very up to date.

Here is where we began discussing some of the ideas which led to this story.

I suggest reading the Summary first, as that explores the story much more in depth and the ideas that Eryk and myself had for how it would end. You’ll notice some really great ideas that tie up long-standing LMB plotlines that have lasted for years, and maybe even a little something about one of the characters that most people might not get that I feel is very fitting.

quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
Des I've just finished reading through this thread - I've been reading two pages a day - and it's great, you're a total stalwart for doing this.

One query - I was a daxamite? [Confused] I suppose high gravity does explain my height [LOL]

Thank you Cobie

More!

B, you’re powers have never really been defined, and this stems from some initial confusion of the LMB authors on what they were (I think mainly Abin and myself). Since you had the Supergirl avatar for the longest time back in the day, we both just assumed you had Supergirl/Andromeda type powers, and were essentially a Daxamite/Kryptonian.

As the years have gone on, and you’ve changed avatars (I love your Nightwind one, BTW), your powers have kind of changed too—but they’ve never been clearly defined what they are. Basically, an LMBer could be in multiple stories for years without ever actually using their powers, given how we write them [Big Grin]

So, in effect, we don’t know what they are! We did used to think they were like that, since most writers around here generally look to the avatar for clues to the powers if we don’t know already.

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Has Cobalt Kid ever been changed into living cobalt?

Shockingly, this has never happened! But I know that one day it will have to and fully expect it to happen soon!

quote:
What's a "numf"?

[LOL] I have no idea!

quote:
Is Fat Cramer* a cat?

*The LW persona, not the poster, or the cat. If that makes sense.

It makes sense [Big Grin] . For those who don’t realize what STU means, Fat Cramer is the name of FC’s cat in real life and how she got her username.

Fat Cramer, in LMB continuity, I’ve always thought was a cat/feline, and was *thee* premier member of the feline community on Legion World. I’ve always pictured her to look like her avatar, and wrote her that way in “Price of Security”.

In recent months, Cru has drawn some great pictures of FC, and other have made subsequent micros and pics based on those designs to show her more human-like, kind of like Tigra or Catspaw.

This leads me to believe that she is indeed a cat/feline, but is able to grow into a human-like form like Tigra/Catspaw if she so desires, so she can interact with the humans better.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
What does the "cobalt" in "Cobalt Kid" refer to?

I first came up with the name “Cobalt Kid” in Fall 1999, when I first went on the boards. Basically, I never had internet access before college, only when using my friends computers, which was more centered on chatting with my friends than surfing the web. I found the DC Boards and started to lurk there, and wanted to sign up and create a name for myself. I knew I wanted it to be a Silver Age-esque name, and I always thought “Kid” sounded much cooler than “Lad”, which itself was cooler than “Boy”.

I had Chemistry that first semester in college and as I was doing my homework one night, I saw a little blurb about how the element cobalt was used to battle cancer and could rid the cancerous cells from the body.

I thought about it for a bit and liked how cobalt was a weapon for a doctor in doing something very heroic—which kind of backed up the notion that there are truly heroes in our world, super or not, like fireman, doctors (well, some [Big Grin] ), etc. Since “Cobalt Kid” had a certain ring to it, it kind of fit, and “Cobalt” came to stand for (in my mind) the notion that a super-hero would be ridding the world of the cancerous elements in society.

So even before the LMB I thought of myself as a super-hero [Wink]

quote:

I’m not so sure, and I usually don’t capitalize it myself (hell, I usually just say ‘Lardy’, just like that). Possibly because of his immense power, and because he’s the ‘father of the LMB’, Lardy’s full moniker, like MLLASH or STU, has an emphasis on it.

Anyone got any good acronyms for it?

STU, your powers are not acronymic in a way now too, correct, kinda like in the sense that Captain Marvel’s our by saying SHAZAM?

quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
Wasn't Richard Simmons supposed to make an appearance to single-handedly wipe out the "manboobies" in the recent LMB "Infinite Crisis"? Those guys definitely needed "downsizing"...

Richard Simmons, along with some other one-off people, showed up in Infinite Crisis during the battle with the Anti-Moderator to battle the Anti-Moderater’s goon-squad (aka the Manboobies). I’ll have to reread for the real story [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
Able to travel the width of the galaxy in the time it takes Lardy to assimilate a ham sandwich ... and yet I'm out of the top 15, below someone who pulls things out of people's asses?

Tsk tsk.

You make a great case, Grey! Like I said, its by no means official, and you know I have great respect for Grey Birdboy’s powers, as “Journeys and Destinies” and your major part in it shows very clearly!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Once again, this is by most powerful, not by worst villain, or most dastardly, or hurt the LMB the worst. I have my own opinions on that and will post that list when one of you request that because you're worried I'm bored [Wink]

*ahem*

Cobie, in your opinion who are the worst villains, the most datardly villains and the villains that most hurt the LMBP?

Oh come one, if it wasn't me it was going to be the very next person to post...

Will get to this [Big Grin]
Still will get to this! [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Cobalt is, according to Metamorpho the Element Man, "tougher then steel"!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Cobalt is, according to Metamorpho the Element Man, "tougher then steel"!

I can kick every heroes ass that was ever named Steel!
Eryk Davis Ester

Especially that wussy grandson of Commander Steel from the Detroit era Justice League!
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.