Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt... (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt...
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Especially that wussy grandson of Commander Steel from the Detroit era Justice League!

He (and Vibe) would have easily fallen before my might, and then Gypsy and I would have had a boot knockin' good time!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Cobalt is ... "tougher then steel"!

"That's what she said!"
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I’m not so sure, and I usually don’t capitalize it myself (hell, I usually just say ‘Lardy’, just like that). Possibly because of his immense power, and because he’s the ‘father of the LMB’, Lardy’s full moniker, like MLLASH or STU, has an emphasis on it.

Anyone got any good acronyms for it?

STU, your powers are not acronymic in a way now too, correct, kinda like in the sense that Captain Marvel’s our by saying SHAZAM?

Not "STU" itself, but saying "STUDOG," "STUCAT," "STUCHIAELEPHANT," etc. triggers the change to the various animal personae... see here.

[ November 17, 2005, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: STU ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
LARDLAD has really only ever been capitalized when used as my posting I.D. I've never capitalized it within a story or tag thread. I think that once or twice other posters may have written about him using all caps, but only on a couple occasions.

Interestingly, though, I did use to write the name as one word "Lardlad" until fairly recently. Now, I consider the correct way to refer to the character to be as "Lard Lad". But I will stick with tradition as far as the posting I.D. is concerned. I will always post as LARDLAD!

But just for fun.......

Lusting
After
Reams of
Drinks,
Ladies
And
Dinner

Will that work?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Des, you said re: Crisis on Earth-4...

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
You’ll notice some really great ideas that tie up long-standing LMB plotlines that have lasted for years, and maybe even a little something about one of the characters that most people might not get that I feel is very fitting.

...having read the summary, I'm wondering precisely which "little something" you were referring to?

---the significance of the nelly cap?

---Umber's continued obliviousness?

---that bit about Lardy in the epilogue?

---something else?

In any case, this was a superb story you guys whipped up! Having browsed the original tag thread you linked, I assume it never ended in tag form?

Also, it seems Earth-1 Lardy played a small part in the story. Does it take place before before he lost his powers and left the LMB for over a year? Or after he returns?

Hmmm...I might have to tell Earth-4 Lardy's full story some day! [Wink]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
But just for fun.......

Lusting
After
Reams of
Drinks,
Ladies
And
Dinner

Will that work?

F'n'A, Lardy, F'n' A!
From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! Just finished reading this latest historical/archieval thread from our resident chronicler extraordinaire (that would be Cobie [Big Grin] )

1) I never really thought of myself as one of the Top 10 most powerful LMBPers but I see Cobie has given my variable powers more thought than I have. Based on what you wrote there CK, I think you and I could really combine forces for some truly impressive feats.

2) I also need to figure out how I'm going to meld the power that is the Emerald Eye of Ekron into my repertoir. (Fear not, I have no interest in playing out the Emrald Vi storyline! [No] )

3) If it were not already established that Lasher would somedat become the Time Trapper Mouse, I could easily conceive of a story that would show Varalent in that role. After all, he has been developing some sort of time control powers recently. Add the Emerald Eye to that and who knows what might happen. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
It's gratifying & humbling to know that I will forever be remembered by Cobie and others for my post (rather short post, I might add) concerning the the Emerald Dildo of Ekron & the Golden Dildo of Taltar and Star 69.

It was fun to write and still makes me smile knowing that you all enjoy it so much. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
3) If it were not already established that Lasher would somedat become the Time Trapper Mouse, I could easily conceive of a story that would show Varalent in that role. After all, he has been developing some sort of time control powers recently. Add the Emerald Eye to that and who knows what might happen. [Big Grin]

Ah, well, see Vee, that's the thing. It's been strongly implied, and in my Lucien Lad origin it's certainly true that a *version* of Lash becomes TTMT *but* that story also deals a lot with alternate worlds and all that gubbins and I'm pretty sure that while it's been implied that Lash will one day become TTMT I'm also pretty sure that there have been hints that that might not actually be true. It sort of depends on whether Lash still has the Living Retcon powers or not.

See, I like the idea that while we have one main suspect to become TTMT we also have other suspects and we never really find out for certain. TTMT could be Lash, it could almost as easily be Lucien Lad (he has sort of time altering powers anyway, so who knows), it could be Glamour Puss (as in the Earth 4 Lucien Lad. That's never been hinted at but it just occured to me...), it could be yourself. The different possibilities make the whole thing much more fun to my mind.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Look, let's be pragmatic here... is there anyone the TMT could NOT be? [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I don't think Everyday Girl could be the TMT.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a question about how things happen in continuity.

How do characters "join" the LMB? Are there try-outs as in the Legion of yore? Do they just show up and say "I wanna be a part of your groovy group?" Are they recruited?

I'm working on a OneVision with RhL's origin story and I have an idea about his joining, but I want to make sure it jibes with what has gone before.

Thanks!
RhL

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Obviously Cobie is the man to answer this for certain, but I;m pretty sure most of the time people have joined just by saying they want to join. There have been sort of recruiting drives (I guess the road trips might count in that respect) but I don't think there have ever been official try outs or anything, unless of course they were part of a tag team or a One vision or something like that. Heh, it'd be quite funny to read about the try outs though and see, considering who *is* in the LMBP, who got rejected (apart from Lester).

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, do you still do this?

Let's see if I can stump you.

How many personas have I been and what major parts did they play at Legion World?

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.