Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt... (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt...
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't know whether you're through with Cobalt's romantic history yet <yawn> [Wink] , but I was wondering if you could tell us all about Captain Lightbulb and the Light Brigade (history, powers, etc.). I also am specifically interested in their post-Hot Summer Nights Trilogy activities that I may've missed out on during my long absence.

Thanks in advance!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Its the weekend, so I'm posting in between pre-gaming and bar-hopping, so I must be brief!

But, in short:

Since those big threads since then, Captain Lightbulb and the Light Brigade have appeared a handful of times. Most notablly are two that I can think of:

1) In the Ongoing tag thread in the portion 'The Great Cogaaad Saga', the Light Brigade and Kid Prime go on a suicide mission to destroy the Consortium of Giant Ants (or something) and it is subsequently known in history as "The Charge of the Light Brigade". They also witnessed Ant-Man (a giant ant that could shrink to the size of a man) die.

2) In Infinite Crisis, we learn (or re-learn) that the once Hypertime Bar is now the circuitry in Captain Lightbulb's speedo, so is forever immune to any retcons whatsoever with the speedo on. It also is the ultimate weapon against crisis/entropy/reality altering attacks (which, yawn, I hope we're done with for the rest of the decade in real life time [Smile] ).

The Light Brigade hasn't had too many changes since their earliest appearances, and despite the one traitor then, the line-up remained the same (although Eryk has now hinted that its different).

Captain Lightbulb's origin is slightly in question, but can easily be explained. Eryk, of course, could handle this best.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Oh, on the Hypertime Bar thing: I think we've established now that it can never again become the Hypertime Bar, which is good, because if someone is killed there, they die forever. No retcons or author can change it.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
*Ahem*
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It's been a while since we've given Cobie a challenge, so here goes:

Not counting some of the more promiscuous characters' "hookups", how many in-continuity LMB romances do we know of (including an LMBer and a non-LMBer/Alt/GenChar)?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
When was Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass last heard from? Has there been an explanation for her absence?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
When was Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass last heard from? Has there been an explanation for her absence?

Actually Sharky, Shady was recently a major player in our tag team Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis (majority of her parts were written by LardLad). Shady actually still lives on Earth (where the LMB are considered enemies of the state), using her powers to help boost the morale of the conquered people there. She has recently been joined by Hummer Lass, who went through some very difficult times in the above mentioned link. She is currently an in-active LMBer.

In real life, she can occasionally be seen posting on the Legionnaires section of Legion World!

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
It's been a while since we've given Cobie a challenge, so here goes:

Not counting some of the more promiscuous characters' "hookups", how many in-continuity LMB romances do we know of (including an LMBer and a non-LMBer/Alt/GenChar)?

Now you’re asking a lot [Big Grin] Hook-ups, romances and flirtations have long been a tradition among the LMB from about the very first page of the very first thread, most likely between Lardy & Shady, or Lash & just about everyone else!

But if we can limit the definition, to romances, perhaps more to ‘Romantic Relationships’, where the people actually can call the other person ‘boyfriend’ or ‘girlfriend’ or something similar, we can probably get a fairly good list together. You’ll have to note then that some LMBers, such as Hrun the Barbarian, will have no entry since they’ve never been in a real ‘romantic relationship’. I’m not really sure if Lucien Lad, Kid Prime, Beagle Boy, etc.

Note – These will be excruciatingly abbreviated to readers, so feel free to add more if you like…
Note two – I’ll never get all of them, so don’t blame me [Big Grin]

Lardy
Lardy first began his career dating Leelee, LMB academy student Dazzle Lass, who ultimately met her end in battle. Lardy has also had a long time fling with Hummer Lass, though the nature of their relationship, while appearing to be little more than a mutually sexual one to the rest of us, is actually much deeper. Lardy was married briefly to Helen (Girl Girl), though that marriage was annulled. Most recently, Lardy has married Dru the Sorceress, longtime LMB enemy who had turned to the side of good.

Lash
Lash has had a long number of flirtations and affairs throughout his days as an LMBer. Just about half the team has indulged this. But actual romantic boyfriends may be limited to (1) Large Handsome, who became Middlefinger II, (2) Matt Damon, who Android Lash ultimately tried to destroy. And (3) Raging Bull, for a time.

Cobalt Kid
In brief, Cobalt has had these girlfriends (not flings): Antiquated Forms of Communication Lass, Carrggite Gymnist (unnamed), Sure Lee (Dean Lee’s cousin), Debauchery Damsel, Princess No-Protection, Jailbait Lass, Foxy Roxy, Kara (LW poster), Mantis, Thora (kind of), Danger Damsel, Frio and probably some more.
Cobalt has had children with: Debauchery Damsel, Space Tart, Dessert Rose (LMB villain), Golden Girl (LMB villain), Thora and Miss Terious/Myriad
Cobalt dated and was married to Space Tart for many years.
Cobalt was briefly married to the High Priestess Viviane
Cobalt has dated Spellbinder for many years now and the two are soul-linked, which ultimately is the same as marriage.

Spellbinder
Spellbinder has had serious relationships with Loser Lad, Ultra Matt and STU, and is now dating and soul-bound to Cobalt Kid.

Crusader
Crusader is married to LMB-Reservist Maxx

Loser Lad
Carggitte Gymnist’s sister, Spellbinder, the High Priestess Viviane, the Sorceress Morgause

Shark Lad
Has had various flings, most specifically Icefyre.

Faraway Lad and Gigglebot Girl
Longtime LMBer Faraway Lad married Gigglebot Girl, who also joined the LMB

STU (aka Iron Rat)
STU has had many girlfriends over the years as well, including Spellbinder for a time.

Lost in Lust Lad
Had a love affair (I believe) with G. Stallion, the Super-Hologram of Raging Bull.

Varalent and Semi-Transparent Fellow
Longtime love affair between these two LMBers

Eryk Davis Ester
Has often been linked to Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal II, Antiquated Forms of Communication Lass, and some others. Longtime rumors persist about a love between Eryk and Leap Year Lass, but to give those rumors any credence makes this poster risk his shins.

Leap Year Lass
Lester Spiffany. ‘Nuff said.

Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl
Longtime LMB married couple

Icefyre
Shark Lad, Italian Boy, many other flings

Danny Blaine/Mattropolis
Raging Bull specifically

Matlock
Longtime hero is married with nine children. He also traveled back in time on one mission and fathered Hrun with Hrun’s mother.

Abin Quank and Pagan Lass
Married couple, grandparents to Everyday Girl (whose actual parents have not been named). Abin strangely was the father of High Priestess Viviane’s daughter Divine Opal Janell, but that story is a bit long and confusing.

Space Ranger
Had flings with many, such as Mantis, but the real love of his life was the Emerald Empress. He had a brief relationship with Triplicate Girl, who was an alt ID body of Myriad (very confusing, also Cobalt Kid’s somehow daughter). Space Ranger was also referenced to have had Carggitte wives on his home planet, and may have been a bigamist.

Actor Lad
Engaged to Caliente

LMB Spectre
Though never seen, its often referenced that the LMB Spectre has a girlfriend.

High Priestess Viviane
It should at least be noted that although she never had a real relationship, she did have romances with Cobalt Kid, Loser Lad, Invisible Brainiac and Future.

Disaster Boy
Has DB ever really had a romance in LMB lore? I can’t recall now…

Rockhopper Lad
The love of Rocky’s life was Blaine Fey, from Earth-4, formerly Closeted Lad who became Opengly Gay Boy. Blaine was sadly killed during the Invasion.

Caliente
She is engaged to Actor Lad, but also has been rumored to have been with Tamper Lad. Currently, there are rumors about Lonestar Ranger attempting to force her to marry him that somehow relate to Frio.

Tamper Lad
Rumor abound about a possible love affair with Caliente during her initial days on Legion World. He is also oddly linked to Thora.

Frio
Briefly dated Cobalt Kid, though that may not be how she sees it.

Kid Marvel
Kid Marvel’s current boyfriend has popped up on occasion in LMB stories.

Hm…I’m a little disappointed in my list. I feel like I’ve left many out, but for the life of me can’t remember which. I’m sure someone will let me know [Big Grin]

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Cobie,

How many LMBers have met in real life? Who are they and how did it come about?

SL

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Lardy
Lardy first began his career dating Leelee, LMB academy student Dazzle Lass, who ultimately met her end in battle. Lardy has also had a long time fling with Hummer Lass, though the nature of their relationship, while appearing to be little more than a mutually sexual one to the rest of us, is actually much deeper. Lardy was married briefly to Helen (Girl Girl), though that marriage was annulled. Most recently, Lardy has married Dru the Sorceress, longtime LMB enemy who had turned to the side of good.

Cobalt's summary is pretty decent, but Leelee was actually secretly murdered, and later replaced by, a villainess named Mordra, who is actually Dru's sister. Impersonating Leelee, Mordra carried on with Lardy as her while also bedding half the male LMBers. Years later, Mordra returned and bedded Lardy disguised as Hummer Lass, and conceived a child with him. See "Turning Point" Parts One and Two for all the gory details.

Trust me, Lardy's romantic tapestry has not fully played out just because he's married! My upcoming story "Smoke and Mirrors" will certainly add some wrinkles to it...

[ July 04, 2007, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, how many LMBers--and I mean the characters, not the person behind them--have "real" names and how often do they differ from that of their creator? Of course my name is John and Rocky's is Eudyptes, but I'm guessing we're more the exception than the rule.

Also, if an LMBer has the same name as an actual comics character, is that character considered the same person in both continuities? For example, is the LMBer Lightning Lad named Garth or Scott in continuity?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Lardy

Cobalt's summary is pretty decent, but Leelee was actually secretly murdered, and later replaced by, a villainess named Mordra, who is actually Dru's sister. Impersonating Leelee, Mordra carried on with Lardy as her while also bedding half the male LMBers. Years later, Mordra returned and bedded Lardy disguised as Hummer Lass, and conceived a child with him. See "Turning Point" Parts One and Two for all the gory details.

Trust me, Lardy's romantic tapestry has not fully played out just because he's married! My upcoming story "Smoke and Mirrors" will certainly add some wrinkles to it...

Update: Lardy is now single again, technically a widower.And, already, he's begun an unholy liaison with Kalla Hryl (now Kalla Hrykos). All of this is shown in the recently-completed "Smoke and Mirrors" Onevision.

As a side note, Cobalt left out Lardy's one night stand with Jada Konti (who is now Bat-Fem II) shown in "Turning Point" Part Two. Of course it was just a one-nighter, but given the significance of her character in LMB lore, worth mentioning.

Which leads me to my next clarification from Cobalt...

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

...do you believe Lardy and Space Tart ever had a fling?

It's been implied before, but I know there's no hard evidence. Certainly, it's been shown that she would gravitate to other men (and Cobalt to other women) when the two were on the outs to make him jealous. There's the flashback scene I included in "Hummer Lass: Intervention" to use as an example of that, at least.

What does your gut tell you happened, Des? And if they did, do you think that caused any tension (albeit temporarily) in Lardy and Cobalt's friendship?

[ August 17, 2007, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Lardy, my gut tells me know, for a few reasons, though your line of thinking isn't off, and there was definately a longtime friendship/flirting b/t them:

(1) When Spacey did flirt with Lardy, Hummer Lass quickly intervened and a cat-fight broke out.

(2) Besides Cobalt, the other posters who Spacey really went after were Kid Psychout, Mightyfanboy Lad and Loser Lad.

(3) I always assumed that Lardy & Spacey never hooked up and Cobalt & Hummer Lass never hooked up, since there might be an unwritten 'code' among Lardy and Cobalt not to do that. Of course, there were tons and tons of times for either scenario to happen so its not out of he question, and also, there was a very strong sense of 'Roman Bachanalia' back then, so its not completely far-fetched.

In other words, my gut tells me no, but the evidence certainly leaves things at a 50/50 chance. I don't think it would have provided tension at the very beginning, but certainly would have in later years as we proceed along Cobalt's timeline:
(1) Year One - that 'Roman Bachanalia' phase
(2) Year Two - Cobalt dissapears, reappears, he and Spacey have flings but generally fight with each other constantly and cheat on each other--so maybe here.
(3) Year Three - Cobalt returns, his pscyhe is more 'right', he and Spacey have a better, stronger relationship, get engaged--so no at this point.
(4) Year Four - They get married--also no, and then no from there on.

I actually think it would cause more tension and animosity right now then in the past, given where Cobalt is in his life.

I wish the poster with Space Tart posted more! It could be good fun and drama!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Cobie, how many LMBers--and I mean the characters, not the person behind them--have "real" names and how often do they differ from that of their creator? Of course my name is John and Rocky's is Eudyptes, but I'm guessing we're more the exception than the rule.

Also, if an LMBer has the same name as an actual comics character, is that character considered the same person in both continuities? For example, is the LMBer Lightning Lad named Garth or Scott in continuity?

Hm, I think you're more the exception than the rule John, though its not as limited as one might think.

For example: Eryk Davis Ester is obviously that character's real name. And Crujetra and Mikal are the names for Spellbinder and Crusader. Though my character started off as Desmonius, his real name is now Cobaltus (story behind that).

But many posters have the traditional style like Lucien Lad is Bevis, Lard Lad is Anthony, Faraway Lad is Darden, etc.

You know, as I write this, I think its more 50/50 split.

As for characters like Scott and Caroline, what is established is that in the LMB verse, Lightning Lad is 'Scott', not 'Garth' and Saturn Girl is 'Caroline', not 'Imra', i.e., Nightcrawler = Gary, Kent Shakespeare = Kent, etc.

Their Earth-2 (DC Comics) and Earth-3 (Marvel Comics) counter-parts would have the different names.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

PS - I hope you guys are checking out the History thread!

Answering these questions was no prob. But the minute a hard one comes, I'm letting the thread lie in waiting for weeks and months on end until I"m ready to answer it [Big Grin] [Razz]

(And lets not kid, I know one's coming and I can tell which of two posters* it'll be from [Big Grin] )

(*To be clear, not Lardy or Rocky!)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.