Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt... (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt...
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
I might be able to answer this one, Cali:

Remember Sodom and Gomorrah in the bible? It's not mentioned in the original story, but there was this particular bar centered between the two cities which helped egg on all the hubbub and incite a certain Deity's Wrath! Wanna guess what that bar was called? Anyhow, the original original shared those cities' fate. But it was too late--it was already turned into a franchise! [Wink]

And the rest is history! [Big Grin]

So, if you look back at the Hootchie Hut do you get turned into a pillar of salt? [Wink]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]

Now why didn't I see that mentioned in Cobalt's Legion World history, I wonder. Could it be he's slanting things?! Gasp! Shock! Awe!

But, wait! A historian would never do that! [Wink] I guess he just decided to start the tale in more modern times.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
quote:
I might be able to answer this one, Cali:

Remember Sodom and Gomorrah in the bible? It's not mentioned in the original story, but there was this particular bar centered between the two cities which helped egg on all the hubbub and incite a certain Deity's Wrath! Wanna guess what that bar was called? Anyhow, the original original shared those cities' fate. But it was too late--it was already turned into a franchise! [Wink]

And the rest is history! [Big Grin]

So, if you look back at the Hootchie Hut do you get turned into a pillar of salt? [Wink]
Well...not a pillar of salt, exactly.....let's just say that was one of those little details that the Bible guys decided to edit for adult content, and leave it at that! [Gasp]

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
[ROTFLMAO]

Now why didn't I see that mentioned in Cobalt's Legion World history, I wonder. Could it be he's slanting things?! Gasp! Shock! Awe!

But, wait! A historian would never do that! [Wink] I guess he just decided to start the tale in more modern times.

To be fair, Cobalt may simply not have known how far back the HH's history goes! He'll never admit it, but in reality Cobalt really doesn't know everything! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh I know [Wink]

The Hootchie Hut was still a major part of tag team stories as late as 2005 folks! I'll give a summary and provide a link to the story when I get a chance. But up until the latest appearance on LW, it was still where it always was, in a different part of the galaxy, still patronized by traveling LMBers.

Its not strictly an early-LMB thing. Abin, Invisible Brainiac, FC, Arachne and myself all visited it in a tag thread well after we were on Legion World.

So basically, the latest Hootchie Hut implies (unless later suggested otherwise) that its the same bar but somehow moved to a different location.

One can only wonder what will happen there next!

PS - the Hootchie Hut is one of the earlist LMB locations ever created. Often referenced many times before fully explored in a tag team thread by Lardy, Lou, Dev and possibly some others...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Alright, Mr. Smarty Pants--which poster invented the Hootchie Hut? (Pretty sure it was yours truly, btw)

And is there a relationship between the Hootchie Hut and the Hypertime Bar?

(Note: my post about the Hootchie Hut's biblical origins is now canon! [Yes] )

[ October 18, 2007, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I like the Hootchie Hut's new origin and glady accept it as cannon.

Especially if that thread ever heats up on the MMB, I'll gladly encourage a biblical end to occur in similar fashion [Big Grin]

But yeah, I think you created the Hut way back in Spring 2000/Summer 2000 somewhere in those months. Like most things back then, it probalby began as a one-off mention that continued on as an in-joke with yourself, me, Lou, Lash and other posters. It was never actually described at first, but you could infer it was either a bar with 'loose men and women' or an outright strip club.

It didn't really get heavily into cannon until the "Never-Ending Tag Thread" in Fall 2000 (roughly Year Two on the timeline--see the history for an entire section, probably Lou's term). Basically all the LMB stories went in and out of the Hut.

It then became a central part of the only tag thread at the SuperHero Chat with Lardy, Lou, Dev and the new LMBer, Yellow Kid sometime in Early 2001 (roughly Year Three, possibly right before).

It's always stayed a part of LMB stories though, often as a reference or place to stop by.

In Year Five, on Legion World in Early 2005 (when myself and some other longtime LMBers were heavily interacting with Legion Worlders recently introduced to LMB cannon), it was a major part of the 'All-New, Not So Different, LMBP Tag Team Thread') which also can be found in Bits via the search and has its own section in the timeline (under Stu's term).

There is really no relationship with the Hypertime Bar and the Hoothie Hut, given how important the Hypertime Bar is to reality/time/space/continuity and its place in LMB lore in regards to existing outside continuity to instill a sense of order to prevent events like LMB Infinite Crisis. Confused? You should be. The Hypertime Bar is extrememly confusing, and it exists outside 'reality and continuity'. If you die there you can never come back--retcons do not apply. Eryk can maybe sum it up better, but that about covers it (I'm leaving for my flight back to NY/CT now). No real relation to the Hootchie Hut other than its another place frequented by the LMB in their adventures. I'd reccomend reading two stories to get a better idea of it (or at least review them in the timelines):
(1) "Hot Summer Nights" which introduced the Hypertime Bar and
(2) "LMB: Infinite Crisis" which really explained what it is.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

"canon", Des...not "cannon"! [No]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Bah! Everyone knows people who spell things right are total nerds and should be laughed at accordingly!
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Feh! And don't hink I failed to notice you've "overlooked" this question:

quote:
So Cobalt...who's on your LMB Fantasy Team, and how are you doing in your league?

One must assume your LMB fantasy team is the cellar-dweller!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

[LOL]

I'm afraid if I reveal that, I may alienate half of the populous who I love and love me equally as much, possibly even more!

So, since all of the LMB roster and every inhabitant, lurker and alt on Legion World are on my roster, I'm doing pretty good. Sure, I've got a missing poster here and a dead on here...(*cough, cough*, raises eyebrow), but overall I'm doing okay [Big Grin]

BTW, check out my response about the ages of LMBers a page or two back Lardy and give me your interpretation. It's something I've thought about and may have even talked about with you before. Its one of those 'no real right answer' ones that is pretty interesting.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I think your interpretation is as good as any, Des. You've certainly got my view on Lardy's age down pat. Everything else rings really true also, especially how you incorporate characters like Faraway Lad who've always traditionally been presented as older. In the end it's up to each LMBer, but yours is as good a starting point as any.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Sure, I've got a missing poster here and a dead on here...(*cough, cough*, raises eyebrow), but overall I'm doing okay [Big Grin]

What are you trying to imply? [Big Grin]

Seriously, though, Lardy's ultimate fate is actually up in the air. What I mean is, there's a decent chance I might actually let him stay dead! I mean, it was a pretty good death, wasn't it? I didn't come in to FFoD with the intent of killing him off, but the idea grew organically as Lardy's story within it developed. In a way it wraps up Lardy's long-term story arc rather nicely (though that would make all the 5YL stuff an Elseworlds).

If I were to bring Lardy back, I know where I'd like it to happen if not when and how. There's a poster out there whom you and I both know has been promising a muthah of a story for quite some time, a Holy Grail of an LMB saga, if you get my drift. And if that story were to ever come about, that would be a perfect place for Lardy to return. But that story may never come to be, so maybe Lardy's return may never either.

That said, FFoD hasn't officially ended yet, and there's something in the epilogue I'd like to drop in there. but it hasn't ended yet!!!! {hint-hint to those who need to finish it!}

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I should also add that part of my motivation for killing Lardy off was to set a precedent: first Primary ID (non-alt-ID, non-gen char) death of an LMBer--and a founder at that! Couldn't resist holding that distinction!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Cobalt Kid! Even though they weren't questions, I demand your comments/thoughts/feelings regarding my last two posts in this topic! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Or was Numf first Primary to die? Why exactly is Numf a ghost? Did I miss something?

--------------------

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.