Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt... (Page 18)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt...
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Especially the whatnot!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... Whatknot would be a good LMB villain. I'd suggest he has the ability to alter the topological structure of space to create mathematical knots.

Or he could just be good at tying things up.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Oh Cobie... how cute is it that we posted at the same time?

Nice to know that your marriage and whatnot hasn't broken our flow [Big Grin]

My real life marriage may soon encourage the fictional Cobalt Kid to perhaps consider an LMB marriage [Big Grin] Would Legion World be ready, majesty? [Wink]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by LardLad:
Cobester, 2 Ekron-related questions:

1) Wasn't there a particularly memorable encounter between the Emerald Ass and Emerald Schlong of Ekron involving me and a female LMBer?

2) Is Ekron a hermaphrodite or something? Pretty sure we've seen male AND female parts...

For the full history of Ekron, I'd check out the LMB History Narrative, particularly the "Crisis on Earth-4" chapter during the time Vee & Quis were co-leaders and Stoopid Cat was the deputy (Spring 2004).

The most memorable encounter with the various parts of Ekron IMO is the "Emerald Dildo" of Ekron. Of course, Kid Therod might disagree, after having entered the Emerald Ass to save the universe. For the encounter you are referring to, wasn't that a story with you and Space Tart during year three when the Emerald Ass of Ekron first began to appear?

I don't think I recall any stories of Ekron featuring the entity having female parts, other than Breasts. Which might not be conclusive. While I wouldn't rule out Ekron as a Hermaphrodite, since Ekron is a deity-type figure, perhaps the most powerful entity the LMB has ever battled, I'm not sure I'd commit to Ekron being one quite yet. One must remember that even Ekron's clothes have extreme power, such as his aforementioned dildo, and of course, his most famous piece of clothing, EDE's nelly cap.

I still think there's a post in this thread in which I go into specific detail on Ekron, but I'll have to find it.

I'm too busy these days to get into long posts where people try to stump me [Smile] . I need easy questions I can answer off the top of my head [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

LMBers with similar powers:
Well, knowing full well I couldn’t just let this one sit, Rocky had to ask the question to end all questions [Big Grin] [Smile] The short answer is OH YES there have been many, many instances of LMBers having the same types of powers. In fact, whenever an LMBer shows up with a more unique power set (Nightcrawler, Matlock, Rockhopper Lad), many of us LMB authors jump on the change to use them in stories because it lets us run off in a new direction.

So this post will be both abbreviated and likely long:

(1) The “Superman” archtype powers: there have been several with this type of power set, though with slight differences. For instance, there have been both Daxamites, obviously based on Mon-El's powers, and there have been some Kryptonians, obviously based on Superboy's powers, "Ultra powers" based on Ultra Boy and yes, even those based on Captain Marvel. But we can lump them all in together: Dev-Em (half-Daxamite), Space Ranger (Daxamite), Kara (Supergirl), Kid Marvel (JoeBoy with SHAZAM type powers), Superboymljr (Kryptonian) and Ultra-Matt (ultra powers). At first we thought Harbinger had Supergirl type powers, but her later comments and change in avatar lead me to believe this is not the case. She has never really defined her powers.

(2) Magic: there have been many, many magic users among the LMB. And several of them have been quite prominent. The first is actually one of the initial members, Lev Lad, though he only posted for about the first month of the LMB's existence. Although there were several after, the first to be notably prominent is STU, whose rise to be a major force in the LMB is well documented (just check the LMB history). High Priestess Viviane was a major force in LMB lore during the first few years of the Legion World, and Pagan Lass became an important part of LMB lore, particularly through her role as the matriarch of the House of Quank. Maxx the Sorcerer, the husband of Crusader, has appeared continually for several years, and in the most recent years has become an active part of the LMB roster. There are likely more, and I won't go any further other than saying you can be assured there are many, many magic users in LMB lore. What makes them unique is generally they have some of the more unique personalities: STU is mysterious and once became Dark STU, Maxx is dependable and a calming influence, Pagan Lass's actions often bring her into conflict with members of her own house while serving a higher purpose, and High Priestess Viviane would suffer no fools, often reacting with anger.

(3) Non-powered superheroes: these are often far less than you'd imagine. One might assume that Lash Lad, Matlock and several others have no powers...and one would be wrong. Often they have the most obscure or specific powers of them all. I'd be hard-pressed to find a truly non-powered LMB superhero.

(4) Invisibility - Inspired by Invisible Kid, there are several LMBers who display invisibility, the most famous being Semi-Transparent Fellow. Invisible Brainiac at first appeared to have this power, but its actually only an extension of his very powerful light-powers.

(5) Star Boy Powers - Mattropolis and Star Boy both have this very cool powerset.

(6) Super-Genius - there are quite a few super-geniuses in the LMB. Enough, in fact, that in very large stories, such as Omnia, it serves a purpose to link them all together as an "LMB Brain-Trust". While many LMBers are shown to be extraordinarily smart, the super-geniuses would be: Invisible Brainiac, Tamper Lad, Reboot, Mystery Lad, Mearl Dox, as well as some other Gen-Cars, such as Captain Lightbulb. The difference is often in the personality, such as Mearl Dox being the aloof Ruler of the Universe, Tamper Lad being quasi-antagonist and almost villainous, and Reboot being one of the most unique personalities in LMB history. Of course, many are Coluons too, obviously showcasing a love for Braniac 5.

(7) Pre-Cognition - also an incredibly beloved power to use by the LMB, because of Dream Girl, precognition has always been a big part of it. Often, this is linked to posters looking to capture aspects of Dream Girl's personality and duplicating her powers. Most famous of the pre-cogs were Miss Terious and at times High Priestess Viviane (who used this power occassioanlly). Miss Terious was likely the first major Pre-Cog, but later changed her power set.

(8) Telepathy / Telekinesis - Though there are several telepaths, the LMB is surprisingly not quite on X-Men level yet (thankfully). The most famous are (A) the House of Jectra, specifically Spellbinder and Crusader, and (B) Saturn Girl (who has telepathy only). There may be others, as I wouldn't be surprised, but those are the ones that come to mind for me most often. For whatever reason, I often associate telepathy with Spellbinder and telekinesis with Crusader though both can do both.

I should also mention that several LMBers have bunches of powers. For instance its generally affirmed by the LMB authors that Poverty Lad is a martian (those that know him in real life realize this is actually true, so its not really that fictitious), and thus he has all the powers of Martian Manhunter (Superman meets the Phoenix meets Cham). Blacula is a vampire, and therefore also has Superman level strength with a whole other set of powers.

I also believe several characters might have teleportation, but Outdoor Miner is the only one that comes to mind. Faraway Lad has a similar type power, but its different enough to not really be lumped into the same category. And the cosmic level of each character is different.

There are more duplicated powers, of that I'm quite sure, and I welcome others to chime in. Its interesting that several powers sets are often duplicated (Lyle, Brainy, Imra), while others are not quite. I honestly thought there were more, but rather than actually check, I'm just going off the top of my head [Big Grin]

Now...only easy questions until after New Years [Smile] I'm too busy at work!

I'll say this though Rocky...you might have relit a flame for LMB shenanigans (also helped by the new tag thread). Maybe its time I get to finishing that trilogy of LMB stories I started.

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Oh Cobie... how cute is it that we posted at the same time?

Nice to know that your marriage and whatnot hasn't broken our flow [Big Grin]

My real life marriage may soon encourage the fictional Cobalt Kid to perhaps consider an LMB marriage [Big Grin] Would Legion World be ready, majesty? [Wink]
Is the UNIVERSE ready for it? (not to mention my parents) [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I also believe several characters might have teleportation,

'm fairly sure that I've got some form of teleportation as well, or at least an ability to use the Palace to jump from point to point instantaeneously.

And of course then there's the much disputed retcon power that has been shown to be used in various different ways by a few of us over the years, ranging from the full retcon powers of the Living Retcon to the slightly less direct Nostalgia powers of myself.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... I'm surprised that more LMBers don't have the ability to utter a magic catch-phrase, thus summoning a probability-altering cosmic being who will fulfil one's wishes in the most mischevious way possible.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Hmm... I'm surprised that more LMBers don't have the ability to utter a magic catch-phrase, thus summoning a probability-altering cosmic being who will fulfil one's wishes in the most mischevious way possible.

And who did you think Esq. was when the visitor list reads "Quislet, and Esq."?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

I think something should happen whenever an LMBPer says "Sweet Ass Sweet". Maybe a keg can magically appear or something [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, it's interesting that you list Nightcrawler (teleportation) and Rockhopper Lad (cryokinesis) as having unique power sets, since I can think of several others folks for both:

Teleportation: Nightcrawler, Outdoor Miner, Lard Lad, Virgin Lad, CJ Taylor/Enigma (I think), Faraway Lad (kinda sorta).

Cryokinesis: Rockhopper Lad, Frio, Polar Boy, Icefire, Rockhopper Lass (a reserve member, but still a cryokinetic).

Now, there are differences among the cryokinetics: Frio and Polar Boy are Tharrians who slow down molecular movement, thus causing a drop in temperature and cause condensation/water vapor to turn to ice; Icefire creates cold with one hand and heat with the other (a combo of Frio and Caliente, as it were); the Rockhoppers use magic to create ice and snow. For that matter, Rocky once teleported himself and Rockhopper Lass by directing the magic differently, but it was very painful for him and he swore never to use magic in any way other than the ice magic again.

And I quite agree, that more LMB shenanigans are in order! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, I know we've had LMBPers die and then come back and LMBPers change their codenames but do we have any legacy heroes? In that I mean any heroes with the same code name as a previous hero but a completely different individual?

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
'm fairly sure that I've got some form of teleportation as well, or at least an ability to use the Palace to jump from point to point instantaeneously.

You should probably jot these things down, Bevis dear. You never know when knowing what powers you have might come in handy [Wink]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
Cobie, I know we've had LMBPers die and then come back and LMBPers change their codenames but do we have any legacy heroes? In that I mean any heroes with the same code name as a previous hero but a completely different individual?

We have two Gen-Cars: Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal and Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal II that is legacy I recall right away. Really the brain-child of EDE and Kid Prime, KGSR II was the first to appear in the legendary "Doom of the Super-Heroes" tag team and has occurred several times thereafter, basically a tag team mainstay.

KGSR I has never actually appeared in 'real time', being akin to Kid Quantum in TMK. His death was basically retconned into the LMB's earlier history as one of the first LMBers to die. When I did the history of the LMB, I added him in to make it appear as if it had always been this way, even though he did not appear until LMB Year Four.

Beyond that, none that I can recall right off the top of my head. There was a 2nd Space Ranger who was more of a villain than anything and he met a horrific end of being killed by Frio.

Now for legacy villains, there is of course Middlefinger, since that's part of his schtick [Big Grin]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Cobie, it's interesting that you list Nightcrawler (teleportation) and Rockhopper Lad (cryokinesis) as having unique power sets, since I can think of several others folks for both:

Teleportation: Nightcrawler, Outdoor Miner, Lard Lad, Virgin Lad, CJ Taylor/Enigma (I think), Faraway Lad (kinda sorta).

Cryokinesis: Rockhopper Lad, Frio, Polar Boy, Icefire, Rockhopper Lass (a reserve member, but still a cryokinetic).

Now, there are differences among the cryokinetics: Frio and Polar Boy are Tharrians who slow down molecular movement, thus causing a drop in temperature and cause condensation/water vapor to turn to ice; Icefire creates cold with one hand and heat with the other (a combo of Frio and Caliente, as it were); the Rockhoppers use magic to create ice and snow. For that matter, Rocky once teleported himself and Rockhopper Lass by directing the magic differently, but it was very painful for him and he swore never to use magic in any way other than the ice magic again.

And I quite agree, that more LMB shenanigans are in order! [Big Grin]

Ah, but when I referred to Nighty and yourself, I tried to infer that they have more than just the most famous of their powers, such as the other powers in Nighty's set (blend in shadows) and your other powers (a form of super-breath being my favorite [Big Grin] ).

But yeah, thanks for listing those out. I was running out of time in my last post because work is so crazy.

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.