Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt... (Page 25)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30   
Author Topic: LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt...
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Damyen was Kalla's half-brother, Ex. He and his brother Collus were the legitimate offspring of the head of Clan Hrykos and his wife. Kalla was conceived by Damyen and Collus' father and a peasant woman. She was not recognized as a legitimate heir because of this, and even was disallowed from using her father's name. Hence, in her earliest appearances she was known as Kalla Hryl.

Damyen married Lardy's arch-enemy Mordra, and Mordra tricked Lardy into sleeping with her. A spell she used caused his powers to transfer to her thru the sexual act. She also became pregnant (as planned) since Damyen was unable to conceive. Mordra then transferred Lardy's powers to Damyen. Later, Lardy tracked down and killed both of them.

When Damyen died, Collus inherited leadership of Clan Hrykos and sought revenge for his brother's death by spearheading the "Invasion!" of Legion World. After the invasion failed, the other Dark Oval powers disapproved of Collus' failure and their inability to control him and eventually supported Kalla taking his place. She murdered Collus herself and used her father's will to legally take her brother's place.

Hope that helps! Damyen appeared in my Onevision "Turning Point". Kalla first appeared during the collaborative novella "Omnia...", and her ascension was detailed in some key scenes in my Onevision "Smoke and Mirrors" (all easily searchable right here in Bits!).

Can't wait to see whatcha got in mind!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey... quick question for Cobie/Lardy/whoever...

Are there any good "intrepid reporter" types in the LMB mythos that I could use as minor supporting character? It's nothing that would change their status quo, I just need a foil in my story to pester the Security Office for details about the case.

I came across Clark Marlowe (whose name I, of course, love) in the 80-page giant... but I wasn't sure whether he was already involved in any Lord of the Oval plotlines.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
(1) The first great 'intrepid reporter' in the LMB mythos was Giant Squid, an alt ID on Legion World. He was killed by the Royal Inquisitor during the Dark Stu Saga, and thus became a bit of a legendary character on Legion World. (Actually had the entire user ID wiped away--a process so time-consuming, Nightcrawler vowed never to do it again!). Therefore, the Alt ID Center is named the "Giant Squid Memorial Alt ID Cultural Center" in his honor. His murder came about because he refused to give in to the demands of Dark Stu and stop broadcasting, even refusing Vee's offer to use the Villa as a safe haven because he would not leave his position outside Stu's Mansion.

(2) I'll let Lardy give the overview of Clark Marlowe, whose become a more rounded out character in LMB lore. Clark was a star in the Lord of the Oval story...and if you haven't read it, I'm not sure I want to spoil what's happened with him. Let's just say its status-altering and you need to know about it before even referencing him.

(3) I think there has been occassional references to a Marella Tao in the LMB mythos, though she's never actually appeared on-screen.

So you may need to create a new character, or use Marella...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
I came across Clark Marlowe (whose name I, of course, love) in the 80-page giant... but I wasn't sure whether he was already involved in any Lord of the Oval plotlines.

Clark is a character who I created and who I dearly love, but surely you know that phrase about what you sometimes have to do with your darlings... [Hmmm?]

Clark's story began in Omnia, then his background/origin was clarified in the 80PG story you mentioned. Afterwards, he played a significant role in "The Covenant" which lead to a pivotal moment for him during the Earth-4 sequences in Book 2 of "Lord of the Oval"---a life-altering moment, if you catch my drift. [Frown]

Howevs, reading your post makes me realize just this very moment that Clark may just have a younger brother named Phil who is a cub reporter trying to break out of his Galactic Pulitzer-winning brother's shadow. Phil, however, wouldn't know of his brother's fate and hasn't seen him in nearly two years.

Work your magic if you'd like to flesh Phil out for me. You have my blessing!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I think Phil should have had a previous career as an amateur space-boxer!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Is there currently a Reflecto character running around Legion World. I am thinking of introducing a Reflecto knock off.

I have a thing for these barely used uber powerful characters.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Although, I'm trying to brainstorm obvious "reflecto" derivative names ... but with little success.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I dont think we've ever had one before, actually. Glad to see it'll be rectified!
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Mirror Mistress would be a cool name if you want the character to be female.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

We do need more females in action.

I was thinking "Mirror Mirror" before ... but wasn't sure.

hmmm, I will proceed! thanks CK and ES!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Love the idea of Mirror Mistress! Awesome name and always good to have a kickass female!
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:

Clark is a character who I created and who I dearly love, but surely you know that phrase about what you sometimes have to do with your darlings... [Hmmm?]

Clark's story began in Omnia, then his background/origin was clarified in the 80PG story you mentioned. Afterwards, he played a significant role in "The Covenant" which lead to a pivotal moment for him during the Earth-4 sequences in Book 2 of "Lord of the Oval"---a life-altering moment, if you catch my drift. [Frown]

Howevs, reading your post makes me realize just this very moment that Clark may just have a younger brother named Phil who is a cub reporter trying to break out of his Galactic Pulitzer-winning brother's shadow. Phil, however, wouldn't know of his brother's fate and hasn't seen him in nearly two years.

Work your magic if you'd like to flesh Phil out for me. You have my blessing!

So, Ex...is Phil Marlowe gonna make it into "Klordny"?

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
So, Ex...is Phil Marlowe gonna make it into "Klordny"?

In the very next chapter, actually.

This story has turned out way longer than I anticipated, but I think the plot sort of demands it.

They don't call it the "long" Klordny for nothing. [Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
And Mirror Mistress (if that's the name she will choose) has joined the Dark Oval story! Whoo! This is awesome. We really do need more females, as the list of female LMBers is really short. That's one reason I brought back Spelling Bee and Sara (as Danger Damsel II), plus added Kinetix and Kairos (an LMB version of Kid Quantum II) into the mix.

PS, Ex, haven't read much of your Long Klordny story but it looks really good so far!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
PS, Ex, haven't read much of your Long Klordny story but it looks really good so far!

It's FUCKING AWESOME!!!! [Yes]

--------------------

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.