Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt... (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
'm fairly sure that I've got some form of teleportation as well, or at least an ability to use the Palace to jump from point to point instantaeneously.

You should probably jot these things down, Bevis dear. You never know when knowing what powers you have might come in handy [Wink]
In the LMB, not knowing what powers you have can be pretty useful as well, as you can pretty much help yourself to whatever you like.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The LMB needs its own version of Chameleon Chief. That would basically be the most powerful entity in the entire history of literature save One Big One ^^.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Ah, but when I referred to Nighty and yourself, I tried to infer that they have more than just the most famous of their powers, such as the other powers in Nighty's set (blend in shadows) and your other powers (a form of super-breath being my favorite [Big Grin] ).

True enough. And it's funny: Rocky gained his super-breath powers the one time he attempted teleportation. He held his breath while he did it and the magic focused itself on his lungs--which we be pretty powerful anyway, seeing as he can hold his breath for an hour. Super-breath was always one of my favorite super-powers.

Of course my Rockhopper Lad nameplate that Gary made for Comic Con lists his power as Super-Cuteness! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
'm fairly sure that I've got some form of teleportation as well, or at least an ability to use the Palace to jump from point to point instantaeneously.

You should probably jot these things down, Bevis dear. You never know when knowing what powers you have might come in handy [Wink]
Oh, I've had so many different powers over the years that I forget which ones I actually have, which ones were an alternate version of myself and which ones I lost. It all gets very confusing...

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh, I've had so many different powers over the years that I forget which ones I actually have, which ones were an alternate version of myself and which ones I lost. It all gets very confusing...
Maybe it's time to bring back the Brads, to offer a small amount of clerical assistance [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, odd request here but it will/should enable me to finish a long dormant LMB onevision:

Can you make a list of LMB members who are deceased in continuity? "Real" (as real as we get I guess) deceased, not believed to be deaceased but actually time displaced or something?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Cobie, odd request here but it will/should enable me to finish a long dormant LMB onevision:

Can you make a list of LMB members who are deceased in continuity? "Real" (as real as we get I guess) deceased, not believed to be deaceased but actually time displaced or something?

Lets see…I have to do this by memory, to update, but the original answer to this question can be found here

LMBers who have made the Ultimate Sacrifice in the order in which they died

• Food Maker Kid – Dweezil died in the middle of battle by catching on fire, rolling down a hill and then being eaten by a Super Moby Dick of Space. However, his spirit was kept alive and reborn in the body of Donna Troy, and the two beings merged with the Spectre to become the LMBP Spectre! Of course this only happened after Jar Jar Binks and Parallax were also driven out to become Jar Jarallax. He was actually the first ever retconned in character to LMB lore, and was done so in the very first tag team thread, in a scene where one of the LMB stumbled upon “the statue of a fallen LMBer…FoodMaker Kid!”. After that, the above mentioned death (which I created—the person who created him has been forgotten, though I think it was one of the early year one posters who stopped posting soon after) was established, as well as the idea that he was a mentor to Beagle Boy (who, before having speed, had super-cooking powers). Later, during the Early Year One Road trips, the connection between him, Donna Troy and the Spectre came about on Titans World (see the Yahoo Group for the full details) in almost a surreal way—no one could have ever planned. The LMBP Spectre is currently a member of the LMBP (and poster on LW).
  • Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal – Another early LMB ally, this Honorary LMBer fought with them on a variety of missions before dying in battle early on. His sister, Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal II carries on in his name and is also an Honorary LMBer. KGSR, of course, is another retcon, only done so four years later in “Doom of the Super-Heroes”. The character was so well liked by the then prominent LMB authors (Lardy, Lash, Kippers and Eryk) that KGSR II gained a following among them and others.
  • Dazzle Lass The one true love of LardLad, she finally became an LMBer after fending off Whordru, only to be killed in secret by Mordra the Harlot, the first LMB traitor. It would be weeks before she was ever recovered, and it would bring only more pain.
  • Tsarin Kid – The major death of Year One is Tsarin Kid, whose death pretty much puts a close on Year One and starts Year Two (a very vague transition). Tsarin, of course, is Mystery Lad and is still with us today. During this era, he became fed up with DC’s Legion and treatment of Jan and left the boards for a bit, asking his character be retired and deceased. He later returned as Mystery Lad and rejoined the LMB shenanigans. However, its become part of LMB lore that Founding LMBer Tsarin Lad died at the end of Year One, only to somehow come back as Mystery Lad (in a strangely different way) in Year Two. For the next three years he was an LMB ally until the move to Legion World where he finally rejoined the team. This is the major early death.
  • Globe Girl – Previously stated in this thread, Globe Girl’s very existence was in question and her story came to an end in “The Never Ending tag Thread”. Or did it? Almost all of the Year Two deaths take place in the first “Crisis on Infinite Earths”, which was essentially the end of the L* Board and the retiring of many alt IDs, as the LMB felt they were being kicked out of their home and sent to a new one.
  • Foxy Roxy – a prominent LMBer throughout all of Year Two, Foxy Roxy met her end here in a heroic way. A later Foxy Roxy has appeared since, but we are unsure if this is the same one, a rebooted one or even Foxy Roxy II.
  • Lexbose – another prominent LMBer throughout Year Two.
  • Silicon Sandra – A member of the LMB throughout this period, she was also connected to Globe Girl, as above states.
  • Super Lad Kid – Lesser known member and lurker Super Lad Kid made the ultimate sacrifice here and wasn’t seen again for three whole years! But he was somehow rebooted and is the Super Lad Kid we know today.
  • Legion of Super-Holograms – Not necessarily members of the LMB, the LoSH were part of the inspiration to rebirth the LMB at the close of Year Two. They were: G. Stallion (hologram of Raging Bull), Piccard’s Sexy Grandson (hologram of Seahorse) and Brad Pitt’s Sexier Brother (hologram of Lost in Lust Lad aka Terrence).
  • Cobalt Kid – For a long time, it was believed Cobalt Kid was among the deceased (not just a mission—a whole year). ]He’s since gotten better so doesn’t really count.
  • Explosion Reversal Lad – Frankie Muniz became an LMBer in a yet unrevealed story, and was with them throughout “Hot Summer Nights” battling the One Called the One and Lucifer Lass. Sadly, he was killed during this epic struggle.
  • Gary Coleman – Gary Coleman too made the ultimate sacrifice battling Lucifer Lass and the One Called the One.
  • Bowels Bursting Boy – In the ‘Super Jailhouse of Space’ Bowels Bursting Boy, only an LMB applicant joined them and tried to help overcome Odran, Lisp Lass and others, and was able to save many of them by making the ultimate sacrifice. Following this adventure, he was made an Honorary LMBer post-posthumously.
  • Space Tart – As the LMB found themselves at odds with internal and external threats, Space Tart made the ultimate sacrifice to send the LMB to the anti-matter universe, although it cost her her life. She’s since gotten better so this doesn’t really count.
  • Giant Squid – technically not an LMBer, he was a denizen of Legion World and Alt ID that believed in the LMB, and he showed true heroism in the face of danger during “The Dark Stu Saga”, although he was killed by the Royal Inquisitor.
  • High Priestess Viviane – Viviane was killed for a time by the Sorceress Morgause, only to finally be resurrected by her and Abin’s daughter Opal—but only when Opal paid the ultimate price. Since she got better, doesn’t really count.
  • Opal Jannel – the daughter of High Priestess Viviane, Opal made the ultimate sacrifice, knowing that if Morgause killed her the energies released would restore her mother to life, and thus did so to bring back The High Priestess Viviane.
  • Numf-El – Numf has technically at the end of ‘Dragons’, although the Ghost of Numf-El is still an active LMBer! I’m not sure if this would qualify for a statue, though probably.
  • KinetixZoeGreen – A former member of the LMB, KZG had been away for some time, when The Sorceress Morgause attacked her without reason and murdered her during “The Good, The Dark & The Dead”.
  • The Emerald EmpressHonestly, this is probably the biggest death the LMBP has ever had. Because its been permanent and is a major LMBer (re: poster or alt ID). As stated earlier in this thread, heroic LMBer The Emerald Empress made the ultimate sacrifice in “Infinite Crisis” after showing us that we all have a hero inside.
  • Space Ranger – This was also the most major death the LMBP had ever had with the Empress but the Ranger has since gotten better. One of the noblest LMBers to ever serve, Space Ranger also passed away during Infinite Crisis, killed by the Red Bee, after single-handedly taking down all of the villains he’d assembled. ]He’s since gotten better so doesn’t really count.
  • Lard Lad – Lardy died during “Five Faces of Death” only to be resurrected soon after. ]He’s since gotten better so doesn’t really count.
  • Virgin Lad – also known as Clive, he was formerly a Lard Lad Robot who gained sentience. Sadly, he was killed in the recent roleplay “Thyme Crime”.

Other thoughts
  • Faraway Lad - I always thought Faraway didn’t actually die in “Good, the Dark & the Dead” but was on the very brink of death for some time, only to be saved at literally the last minute by Pov’s pint. So essentially, Faraway Lad didn’t die.
  • Tomahawk & Liberty Monkey likewise didn’t die but were sent backwards in time to live out the rest of their days in the recent “Thyme Crime”.

Other noble sacrifices in LMB Lore
- Invisible Brainaic of Earth-4, murdered in ‘Crisis of Earth-4!’. Also, Loser Lad, Cobalt Kid and Lard Lad of Earth-4 are all deceased.
- Mean Old Hero, an older hero from a bygone era died in “The Legion of Message Board Super-Villains”.
- Big Blue Mutha, one of the Primary Colors Gang, died during “The Good, The Dark and the Dead”
- Openly Gad Lad, Rockhopper Lad’s boyfriend, died in “Invasion”.
- Danger Damsel, one of Cobalt Kid’s operatives in other space territories died in “Omnia”
- Scipio Taltarus the great war hero of the Triumvirate also died during “Omnia”
- Bat-Fem, who helped Legion World after the Invasion, died during “Omnia”
- Lard Lord, the evil Lard Lad from Earth-4, redeemed himself and died defending LW in “Omnia”
- Gary Concord recently died in our last roleplay thread ‘Thyme Crime”

Who am I missing? I feel like there might be one or two I forgot to mention from recent roleplays, tag teams, onevisions and other events. The “Other Notables” are not LMBers, and I put the LMBers who came back in orange, so they wouldn’t have statues anymore.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Psychotic Beaver was killed by Lard Lad but came back to life thanks to the maddenites in her body ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

- Gary Concord recently died in our last roleplay thread ‘Thyme Crime”

Uh, pretty sure Gary didn't die--he's just trapped in the Banned'Em Zone! Unless I missed something...

Also, I'd probably include Dru the Sorceress as another notable LMB ally who was killed.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I need information about the geography and economy of the United Planets. I don't need details about various other states, as I don't plan to touch them much in my fiction.

I probably should have asked before I started creating Nasger, but it's created so now I have to somehow have it make sense in the LMBverse. You stated in your recent story that gold isn't desired, but I have been writing exactly the opposite in my stories. I might have to do some editing sense I didn't know how much space was controlled by the major powers. I also thought that the LMBverse=DCUverse.

http://lmbp.outpost.legionworld.net/wiki/index.php?title=Nasger

What do I need to change?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Cobie... belated thanks for all that awesome info!!

I've permanently shelved "Night of the Living Dead LMB" in respect to our real-life departed.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I've killed myself a few too many times, it seems.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
I need information about the geography and economy of the United Planets. I don't need details about various other states, as I don't plan to touch them much in my fiction.

I probably should have asked before I started creating Nasger, but it's created so now I have to somehow have it make sense in the LMBverse. You stated in your recent story that gold isn't desired, but I have been writing exactly the opposite in my stories. I might have to do some editing sense I didn't know how much space was controlled by the major powers. I also thought that the LMBverse=DCUverse.

http://lmbp.outpost.legionworld.net/wiki/index.php?title=Nasger

What do I need to change?

History
In terms of LMB Continuity, I suggest you read the massively huge A Written History of the LMBP and then the rest of this thread, which I do realize is a pretty big undertaking. But it will clear up quite a bit.

Also, the history of this universe is quite different than the history of the DCU. There was no JSA, instead there was a LMB type organization (see the history). There was no JLA (likewise). There was no Superman (there was Engine Joe). It goes and on. We actually have explored this a bit over the years but naturally there is plenty of room for untold histories over thousands of years.

There is a true DC Universe, however, which we call Earth-2. If you look on the wiki page, you’ll see an article about Earth-2 (which is the DCU). The Marvel U is Earth-3.

I’d be hesitant to introduce DC heroes en masse to LMB continuity simply because the LMB universe is about the LMB. So if someone introduces the Justice League, I’d probably have Cobalt Kid kick the crap out of them all (including Batman and Martian Manhunter) and then make sweet love to Wonder Woman. Why? Because our universe is about our characters. That being said, introducing a few characters here and there, piecemeal, is absolutely okay. Lardy introduced Karate Kid in his onevision “Smoke and Mirrors”, for example.

Of course, there are some duplicates where there are duplicate characters, such as Lightning Lad existing in both, and we also have a Phantom Stranger and Spectre and others. Same for Marvel, where we have a Nightcrawler and Mantis just like them. The LMB History thread will indicate what the duplicates are.

Geography
In terms of the geography of the United Planets, it’s basically the entirety of known space with some borders and exceptions. I see the UP as being a collection of galaxies, not just planets in one galaxy. Let’s not limit the scope of things and be optimistic of technology! [Smile] Stargates and other things probably have to do with the travel possibilities.

Every planet ever introduced in the Legion is *probably* in our UP, and every planet ever introduced in DC continuity is *probably* in our UP. However, not all DC characters have been introduced. For example, there is no Green Lantern Corps, and Abin Quank is the surviving GL.

There are also thousands of planets in the UP that are unnamed, so there is tons of room to introduce new ones, and then add in their history as you go. They could already be members or just have become members. The idea is that space is constantly being explored and new planets are joining.

Where each planet is located in terms of the others is all pretty open to interpretation. With thousands of planets in the UP, its impossible to figure out, since we could figure it out by Friday and then next week another poster introduced 12 new planets, none of which are next to one another. But basically some of the known geography of the DCU is entrenched (Imsk is near Braal, etc.), and then what we’ve established within our canon enhances that.

Earth is not a part of the UP as its been a major part of LMB lore for a long time, and I just addressed it in the Gold Watch. It may be rejoining shortly (upcoming stories will tell).

The Dark Oval is one of the major sectors of space bordering the UP and that is being addressed in the current Lord of the Oval Novella. The Dark Oval also borders the Khanate.

The Khanate of Sol Invictus is the other major sector; this was once known as the Barbarian Horde, but the barbarian planets there were all conquered and turned into the Khanate. I worked on this quite a bit in Omni, Psionic Spear and Horn of Undoing. It’s a huge mass of space with a long border on the UP. The wiki pages for the Khanate, Black Sun religion, Caracalla, Elagabolus, Barbarian Invasions all give a good history of it. Eventually I plan to continue my stories on this sector of space, likely with additional LMB authors.

There are likely additional borders other than the D.O. and Khanate since space is quite large, there is only one large border with the Khanate and D.O. and the UP is always expanding. I suspect the other far side of the UP not near the D.O. and the Khanate have no firm “border” but are expanding into unexplored areas currently.

There is also the planets that have not joined the UP but all of their surrounding planets have. Therefore, they’re a bit like how an independent city would be in the Middle Ages. Since a planet can be pretty self-sufficient, there may not be a need for them to join the UP.

Economy
One can only hope that the economy one thousand years from now is based on an even better system than we have now. I firmly believe capitalism will maintain a strong presence in whatever it is, and that’s certainly been prominent in our stories. But as citizens of 2011, we all understand capitalism so its easier to write about it than some advanced system created in 2458.

We use the currency base as ‘credits’, like DC and Marvel usually have, which makes sense that the Gold Standard and other types of physical metals (or whatever) would be eliminated completely. So some form of credit/debit on a huge universal scale would exist. That isn’t to say though, that gold is useless—in my story, I implied the Gold Watch Cobalt desired was relatively worthless when viewed by a trillionaire.

I’ve always interpreted gold and silver to be valuable in the sense that they are pretty to look at. But they have no real value in terms of backing currency or being essential to the economy. But just because it has aesthetic value doesn’t mean it isn’t any less valuable. So for Cobalt Kid, who was raised on Ggrrgg, there was no gold, because Ggrrggians are a warlike society that had no practical use for gold. They would have valued something like Titanium or Admantium much more.

But I’m sure many planets would adopt the love of gold that has been prominent on Earth for thousands of years and therefore it would be still be quite a valuable item. Not just in jewelry but in adornments for great monuments, etc. In fact, all you would really is a cluster of planets with a huge desire for gold, probably all within the same vicinity of one another, which would keep the Nasger supply extremely valuable. The fact that many other sectors of space may not value gold—meaning, they’ve never considered mining for it, would be beneficial to Nassger, because it would keep the supply of the product relatively limited. So if it became a niche product for a specific customer base, Nasger could control the distribution and in a sense only gradually introduce it as a product to neighboring planets, to manipulate that planet into gaining its own love of gold. If it was a very measured and gradual approach, it would allow Nasger to maintain its monopoly on mining and harnessing the product.

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, I've been thinking that Red Arrow spent her adolescence on Earth-3. Though all of the backstory I added to her is on the DCU (I wrote out detailed family trees, you can see them on my facebook pate). I attempt to retcon things in order for them to make sense and it just gets worse! Though it kind of goes with the spirit of the character, she's supposed to represent bad contiunity/writers that often happens in comic books. I will address some of this stuff when I position my characters in "safe" places before I go to China.

Would an LMB villain be more likely to create a robot or clone a person?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Also, the history of this universe is quite different than the history of the DCU. There was no JSA, instead there was a LMB type organization (see the history). There was no JLA (likewise). There was no Superman (there was Engine Joe). It goes and on. We actually have explored this a bit over the years but naturally there is plenty of room for untold histories over thousands of years.

There is a true DC Universe, however, which we call Earth-2. If you look on the wiki page, you’ll see an article about Earth-2 (which is the DCU). The Marvel U is Earth-3.

To be completely fair and honest, I'd say the LMB Universe is remarkably similar to the DCU/Earth-2, certainly more similar to it than to any other fictional universes. There are more analogs to the DCU in the LMBU than any other. It's especially similar to the DCU of the 31st century as its been portrayed with many of the characters and planets shared between them.

If you substitute the LMB for the LSH, the similarities are huge. Though we've added many planets, characters and concepts to the milieu, the 31st Century DCU has always been the blueprint.

I think, however, as the LMBverse has grown, we've done more and more to distinguish the two through our mythology. If you look at the Khanate and the Dark Oval (though the latter is VERY loosely based on LSH's Dark Circle), this is a prime example of our distinguishing our galacti-political landscape from theirs.

So though the LMBverse grows more distinctive and complex as each year goes by, its very fair to say its most similar to the DCU as it appears in LSH comics.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.