Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt... (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt...
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hm. 'Primary ID's that have died':

- Tsarin Kid - though he kind of did become Mystery Lad, so he didn't stay dead.

- Cobalt Kid - though not in 'real time', more like a retcon after my return.

- Sonnie Bloke - he got better

- Numf-El - he didn't [Big Grin] . Seriously though, Numf died in 'Dragons' and has been 'The Ghost of Numf-El' ever since. Its actually been that way for about two years now. How about it Numf? Ever coming back to normal?

- Lard Lad - Other than Numf, Lardy is probably the next to actaully die. Hard to tell who has that designation. Still, all very dramatic though!]

I find it cool that Lardy migth be dead! So what's next then? New username, avatar, character? Have you got something in the pipeline?

As for FFOD, just know that the final parts of the roleplay are not coming from me! The poster hasn't been on that much who is supposed to finish it, but it should be soon, I would think. I've pretty much done all that I can for my character(s).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I will be posting primarily IC and otherwise as another character soon, but that will have to wait until after Rocky delivers a couple of messages from Lardy he composed before his death. That can't really happen 'til FFoD gets to its epilogue, though. So there's always some ideas in the pipeline. Nothing longterm yet, except I'd love to see the "Holy" story I alluded to happen. Desperately! [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

One thing FFoD did was give me an opportunity to ‘clean house’ on my alt IDs. I’ve actually given a few away to limit myself to a basic few. Some I had their stories end, some I didn’t. One was scheduled to die but the story convinced me to go in the opposite direction and make this take him somewhere completely new.

I think definitely in the next roleplay I’m going to have very little to do with any plotting of the story. Probably to the point where I don’t even want to know what’s coming, I just want to use Cobalt Kid to react. I probably won’t even use whatever Alts I have left.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
You were gonna kill Roy, weren't you?

Glad you didn't!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

If you were to ask yourself a question in this thread, Des, what would it be? And what's the answer?

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hm. That's kind of tough. Most of questions I would have asked already have been.

I guess the question is: what is it your looking forward to most in the LMB?

And the answer is: (1) follow-ups to subplots from Invasion, Omnia and recent stories, all of which are in the works, but really (2) all new threads in the MMB. LMB-stuff that isn't roleplaying...stuff that doesn't give a sense of urgency to the 'story' but stuff where we get to do crazy stuff in character. Hard to put into words exactly what I mean, but I've been pondering it a lot lately (which is why its the question on my mind now).

Hm. How to give an example. Maybe something like an active thread where things are happening in real time, but once you're not posting, you leave the thread and no one can bother you. So you're off the hook when you're not around, but when you want to dive in you can without any care to an overall larger story. Something a little 'more free' might be interesting. But that would all depend on there being a certain amount of people participating, I guess.

I guess I'm just looking for a more active MMB with 'new threads'. I'm fickle like that [Wink] . I need new things to keep me interested. But I'm also greedy in that I want more than half of them to be created without my knowledge before-hand, but there for me to join in at my leisure [Big Grin]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Two questions I had for you after skimming parts of "The Horn of Undoing" for research on "The Covenant"...

1) Is Geo-Thing dead, and did he/it ever appear before battling Helena and the rest in HoU?

2) What happened with the Cacaphony--was that a deleted scene or did I miss something?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I'll have to recheck, but IIRC:

(1) Geo-Thing was a unnamed character in 'Omnia', one of the 52 that appeared briefly during the end skirmish. Basically I have a visual for the character (Blok/Thing type look) but wasn't all that interested in it. I intended for him to be killed off, but you have the go-ahead to ressurect him if you want and make him your own!

(2) I have plans for the Cacophany (the Trumpeter's ship) but they've sadly been waiting while my focus is on something else (I'm currently writing my 100-issue outline of what I'd do if I was writer for Amazing Spider-Man...maybe one day I'll post it. Its already pretty huge, I'm 70 issues into it). Eventually I want to follow-up on the Arch Duke of Time, Virus, Middlefinger (Princess No-Protection) and, of course, the Khanate. The Cacophany (and ultimately the Trumpeter) would be dealt with during that time in the early part of the story.

I see you posted your first bit of 'the Covenent'. That's great Lardy! Looking forward to it!

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I see you posted your first bit of 'the Covenent'. That's great Lardy! Looking forward to it!

Yeah, I had to get something out there on "Covenant" or it would never be written! (Rocky's references to RhLass in his threads helping motivate me) Currently, I'm having trouble finding the time to write more chapters. It's a complicated story in the sense that it takes place over several months and many chapters will take place significant periods of time after the preceding one. In the long run I think that will help in the pacing considering updates to the story will occur irregularly, mirroring the time lapses in the story itself. I hope to post another installment within the next week.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Yeah, I had to get something out there on "Covenant" or it would never be written! (Rocky's references to RhLass in his threads helping motivate me)
Well, it didn't seem quite natural for Rocky (and Tim and Hyvvie) not to mention Adelie's absence. [Wink]

I'm looking forward to the rest of it too! [Smile]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Wild Cobalt:
I have plans for the Cacophany (the Trumpeter's ship) but they've sadly been waiting while my focus is on something else (I'm currently writing my 100-issue outline of what I'd do if I was writer for Amazing Spider-Man...maybe one day I'll post it. Its already pretty huge, I'm 70 issues into it). Eventually I want to follow-up on the Arch Duke of Time, Virus, Middlefinger (Princess No-Protection) and, of course, the Khanate. The Cacophany (and ultimately the Trumpeter) would be dealt with during that time in the early part of the story.

Spider-man? SPIDER-MAN?!?!?! WTF? Nothing's more important than LMB continuity, dammit!!! Get it in gear, man! [Big Grin]

quote:
Yeah and the second bit went up last night! Whaddayathink? [Hmmm?]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Liking it! Especially the inclusion of Grev Mallor! I didn't really see that coming and wonder what you have in mind! I feel he really never got his due and am kind of glad he's in your hands!
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Grev didn't come entirely out of left field, Des...do you remember that I used him in Omnia?

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

And I saw from "Recent Visitors" that you'd spent some time looking at "Psionic Spear". Could you be boning up in prep for our long-awaited next Onevision instead of wasting time on this Spider-man thingy?!?? [Hmmm?]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

More like trying to regain my inspiration for the next part of my epic. More and more its looking like I'll have to break it down to specific parts. And I wanted to be sure I tied up the right stuff and left the right loose ends dangling.

Not sure I'm ready to return to an LMB onevision yet...hopefully soon!

I figure this lull in even my MMB activities can be explained by: Cobalt Kid, following the death of his friend Lard Lad, has stopped appearing publicly on Legion World (which is incredibly odd for him, given his 'celebrity personna'). He is only ever seen working at the Security Office or with his Space Knights Templar. Those closest to him believe he is in a depression, but considering his tendency to put up walls when he has to deal with his emotions, he is burying himself in work. He also spends a lot of time off-planet on secret and mysterious 'projects' that 99% of the LMB are left in the dark on.

That will help set things up further and show the appropriate greiving process for Cobie. Especially since he's had a pretty rough year and a half recently, and now especially with Lardy dead too (after watching his friends, planet, father, etc. die)! I do plan to finally show the emotional side of Cobalt and how these events have effected him (that's one of the main jists of the story), so I want to be sure I'm ready to right it at the right time.

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.