Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » DISCUSS IMPRESS THE EMPRESS (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: DISCUSS IMPRESS THE EMPRESS
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Dang, I missed it-- I was going to keep Sun Emp and Lazon, mainly because I assume the Empress is assembling a villainous team and Leeta and QQ are heroes.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Just like in the modelling competitions, any non Legionniare is eligible to enter and win this competition. I assume the Empress would be annoyed if heroes win roles. She'll probably try to convert them. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Meanwhile, I've completed pencils and dialogue for two complete challenges, so it's just a matter of scanning, coloring and lettering.

Stay tuned!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, the challenge for the brainy ones is posted...

A big part of the fun for me is to take all the suggestions for situations and apply them to the characters chosen, sometimes tweaking things a bit.... I admit that this challenge had a lot more comedy...but comedy is for intellectuals, right?

So, which 2 should stay in the game?

Saturn Queen
Murdermaton
Brainiac 4
Evolvo Lad

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! I love the latest challenge! I'm going to have to think awhile before I decide who to vote for!

But I will say now that I bet Ferro's getting called "stupid" even as I type this!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely keep Evolvo -- his interpretation of a science chart carries the "brains" theme. Though with all due respect, why not have a Protean form as the final stage? The shedding of the physical body for a psychic energy-form is a cliche; the greatest evolution for a physical form would be to instantly adapt to any enviroment.

Keep Brainiac 4 -- but it's more by default. Her parody of a 50's sitcom housewife didn't thrill me. Though by Querl's expression and the way his hand's at his chest, it looks more like she's driving him to a heart attack than insanity?! [Eek!]

Reject Saturn Queen -- except for the earrings, you can't tell it's her. And she's not doing anything showing extraordinary intellect, let alone showing any psychic prowess?

Definitely reject Murdermaton -- if that's the extent of his skill and intellect, then I could beat him! [Smile]

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

The only response I think neccessary is to say that many in the universe despise Proteans, don't trust them. That makes the choice to depict them as the final step in humankind's evolution pretty much preposterous!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Seth Gaterra:
the greatest evolution for a physical form would be to instantly adapt to any enviroment.

Interestingly, that was the original idea behind the Proteans, back when they were genetically engineered by the Llorns.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Saturn Queen and Brainiac 4 must stay!

[ September 30, 2006, 05:14 AM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Keep Murdermaton and Braniac 4. They were the two that made me laugh (especially Murdermaton).

Get rid of Saturn Queen and Evolvo. Their images were more boring to me.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Keep Brainiac 4 and Saturn Queen
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I vote to keep Murdermaton and Saturn Queen.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

I'm voting to keep Murdermaton and Saturn Queen as well! The Murdermaton is just funny, and SQ is hotter in that pic than all the ex-girlfriends combined!
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I hope everyone realizes that the contestants are *given* their basic challenge. They didn't choose what it was. It is, however, up to the contestant to do it in an interesting way, a way that would *impress* the Empress.

So, for example, Evolvo Lad was told to wear a loincloth in the snow. I think it was very clever of him to create that evolution of man image and end with a "preposterous" form.

I don't know if that was clear from the beginning.....

If anyone wants to change their vote because of that, I don't mind. Even for the Energy Blasters challenge.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I like the lasses!

B4!
Saturn Queen!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Polls will remain open all weekend and changes are acceptable...

For now, these are the standings for who should stay...

Brainiac 4... 5 votes
Saturn Queen..5 votes
Murdermaton...3 votes
Evolvo Lad....1 vote

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.